Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184391 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2005, 12:43:13 PM »

Fuck me i need some of what you are on? drool

23 hours sleep a day and a glance at a Razor and shaving foam will sort that out! Cheesy
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2005, 12:44:26 PM »

Somebody will shoot me down soon, either a pessimist or a negative fucker. But fuck it!

Something is going on people!! Come on you dudes in the know, give us some info to get our teeth into. I believe its about to happen! Please let it be the time when all the fucks who have been negative and talked utter shit about axl and the band for a long long time now have to eat their words and start feeling really stupid. In the words of fellow board member Saul Chinese Democracy starts now!!

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2005, 12:45:07 PM »

godofthunder, I highly doubt that they will 're-release' the first greatest hits.Basically everyone who wanted it already bought it.

That's not true... it's still at #70 on the charts after 82 weeks of release and has had sales gains for numerous weeks. ?Considering it's the fourth quarter and there are sometimes more than 10 albums debuting in front of the album each week, it's selling pretty damn good. ?If the record company was cheap and wanted to go for a "double dip", they could pull it off.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2005, 12:52:51 PM »

Ok, many of you said that the Illusions had a coverup  name at first when it was announced.. Does anybody here know this as a fact? What were they called?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2005, 12:54:26 PM »

Come on you dudes in the know

And who is that?  hihi

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2005, 12:54:59 PM »

Ok, many of you said that the Illusions had a coverup? name at first when it was announced.. Does anybody here know this as a fact? What were they called?

Greatest Hits

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2005, 12:58:58 PM »

I cant actually believe that people believed that back in the day! After 1 album of material and Lies as well? What were they gonna do, re-release everything on a Hits CD?  no

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2005, 01:05:26 PM »

Somebody will shoot me down soon, either a pessimist or a negative fucker. But fuck it!

Something is going on people!! Come on you dudes in the know, give us some info to get our teeth into. I believe its about to happen! Please let it be the time when all the fucks who have been negative and talked utter shit about axl and the band for a long long time now have to eat their words and start feeling really stupid. In the words of fellow board member Saul Chinese Democracy starts now!!

Whatever mates, you decide.  lets just believe!

Regardless it's coming!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2005, 01:10:04 PM »

who knows what this GH PT 2 really is , but one thing is , IMHO , a fact .. this time next year we WONT be wondering when democracy is coming out , we will be enjoying it and seculating on what the next single will be.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2005, 01:11:56 PM »

who knows what this GH PT 2 really is , but one thing is , IMHO , a fact .. this time next year we WONT be wondering when democracy is coming out , we will be enjoying it and seculating on what the next single will be.

I like the sound of that Saul!

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2005, 01:16:17 PM »

I am really not trying to be a pessimist or a 'negative fucker'.... well, maybe I am being a pessimist!

Let's think back over the years at what everyone has said about this album.  There were threads dedicated to how YOU would market this album, promote it, etc.  I think majorty of people here agreed that there is going to have to be a pretty big marketing push for this album. 

There were some that described what is happening right now.  All of a sudden, it would be there!  Here is where my pessimistic view comes in.  Something as unique and intriguing as this plan would make its way out.  I truly believe that.  I dont care how many confidentiality agreements you have signed, something like this would leak.  Some one would overhear something, some one would see some cover art and a track list somewhere.  I think in this day and age with technology at the stage it is at, this would leak out. 

As for what this really is, however, I do not know.  I do admit it is VERY intriguing.  A Greatest Hits Volume 2 just doesn't make sense.  And it could be Axl's way of telling his 'hardcore' fans that Chinese Democracy is on the way like what happened with the UYI albums.

I will come out and say that this is one of the more interesting things I have seen here in the past few years.  It just doesn't make sense to me that these people on MusicTAP are announcing a volume 2 and no one else is.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2005, 01:20:12 PM »

As for what this really is, however, I do not know.? I do admit it is VERY intriguing.? A Greatest Hits Volume 2 just doesn't make sense.? And it could be Axl's way of telling his 'hardcore' fans that Chinese Democracy is on the way like what happened with the UYI albums.

As Axl knows the hardcore fans know how things went down back in '91, he trusts us to spread the word of this really being Chinese Democracy!  beer

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2005, 01:22:58 PM »

I am really not trying to be a pessimist or a 'negative fucker'.... well, maybe I am being a pessimist!

Let's think back over the years at what everyone has said about this album.? There were threads dedicated to how YOU would market this album, promote it, etc.? I think majorty of people here agreed that there is going to have to be a pretty big marketing push for this album.?

There were some that described what is happening right now.? All of a sudden, it would be there!? Here is where my pessimistic view comes in.? Something as unique and intriguing as this plan would make its way out.? I truly believe that.? I dont care how many confidentiality agreements you have signed, something like this would leak.? Some one would overhear something, some one would see some cover art and a track list somewhere.? I think in this day and age with technology at the stage it is at, this would leak out.?

As for what this really is, however, I do not know.? I do admit it is VERY intriguing.? A Greatest Hits Volume 2 just doesn't make sense.? And it could be Axl's way of telling his 'hardcore' fans that Chinese Democracy is on the way like what happened with the UYI albums.

I will come out and say that this is one of the more interesting things I have seen here in the past few years.? It just doesn't make sense to me that these people on MusicTAP are announcing a volume 2 and no one else is.

I think thats a pretty good post War41! I definetely think that theres something odd going on!

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2005, 01:55:22 PM »

Don't see this happening.  There will almost be as many Greatest Hits cd's as half of GN'R's entire back catalogue.  If they do release it please people ffs don't buy it, spend a few quid more and just get everything!

I want Chinese Democracy Volume 1, not Greatest Hits Volume 2.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2005, 02:30:32 PM »

it can't be Chinese Democracy. it's too early for that, no pr has started, no first sigle hasn't arrived..forget it guys.
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2005, 03:09:05 PM »

it can't be Chinese Democracy. it's too early for that, no pr has started, no first sigle hasn't arrived..forget it guys.

By the sound of it, it has been put back to March, Thats 5 Months away, it leaves plenty of time for pr and everything
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2005, 03:13:21 PM »

By the sound of it, it has been put back to March, Thats 5 Months away, it leaves plenty of time for pr and everything

The article says Geffen's Guns & Roses Greatest Hits, Volume 2.  How would that have anything to do with Chinese Democracy?  Isn't Axl on a different label now (Sanctuary)?

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2005, 03:15:24 PM »

Isn't Axl on a different label now (Sanctuary)?

No.
Whodunit
Opening Act

See ya Soon

« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2005, 03:32:34 PM »

I smell a bluff
"Cough" I'm ready!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2005, 04:03:50 PM »

this is REALLY becoming interesting imo.  first when i heard that a greatest hits volume 2 was going to come out in december i thought it was definitely bullshit, but since it`s coming out in march 2006 there could be something behind it. a greatest hits volume 2 just wouldn`t make sense considering there are only four real gnr records existing.

and well ......only because some people here at htgth say that there has to be huge promotion for CD doesn`t mean shit. i don`t think CD needs that much promotion and by the way it`s still 5 (!!!) months to march.

hopefully something`s gonna happen. the timing would be perfect...

i was too young to experience the release of the illusions, but if their coverup name was really "greatest hits", than a "greatest hits volume 2" would be a fuckin`great plan.

amazon says nothing at the moment right?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: