Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184304 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2005, 10:08:36 PM »

thought Axl wanted to bury AFD? Why does he just keep milking it for all its worth?
Um, Axl didnt want GH1 released and Im sure he doesnt want this to be released. So wtf are you talking about?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2005, 10:09:54 PM »

I'm confused. I was only 6 when UYI's were released. How did people genuinely believe they were coming out with a Greatest Hits with only one album and one EP under their belts? They'd only had 5 singles then...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2005, 10:14:32 PM »

hopefully this is a cover up of some sort and its a single

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2005, 12:03:30 AM »

White Sox  are Champs, ok Axl time for some news yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2005, 12:30:18 AM »

well this helps none, because alot of other people have posted in lots of other threads. But I got bored and went to amazon.com, then followed a link to music.aol.com, and found this- Guns N' Roses Official Site
Includes news and information on Chinese Democracy expected Nov 2005. http://www.gnronline.com/
Which I know means diddly squat, but hey, you never know.  confused

And I like that Alex Rose is now the sole member of the band. Maybe that's why it's taking so long, everyone's looking for the wrong person!!  rofl

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2005, 12:55:59 AM »

Maybe "Volume II" is a cover up for Guns N' Roses "Version 2" - as in NewGNR? hihi

Maybe Axl and the guys sees Chinese Democracy as "Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits Volume II" because all of the songs probably'll be HITS!

Think about it... if it is listed as Greatest Hits for some weeks now, it probably won't get mentioned as news anywhere. But if all of the sudden they change the name to Chinese Democracy, it would make a great news story! This could make a bigger impact in public, than if it were announced as CD in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 01:10:39 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2005, 01:15:29 AM »

Dave, YOU being a realist? I never thought I would see it happen! I guess anything is possible! hihi You're right though, if the latest news doesn't make someone look at this situation realistically, then nothing will. First, we hear the court shit is being delayed. Then we hear this shit about another hits album. 2005 isn't even over, and we can pretty much kill off any 2006 speculation already. People can also stop having visions of Rio. It really sucks. Oh well. Lets look at the bright side of things: We can forget about the Superbowl, soundtrack, release date, and VMA rumors until 2007. hihi

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2005, 03:06:24 AM »

This GH2 is a "Patomkin " project to hide the other? important project.....

Greatest Hits 3? Or Village Gorilla Head2?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2005, 04:30:41 AM »

Maybe its the round 2 we have been waiting for since the end of round 1 at the vma's? Who knows!! I personally do not beleive that another greatest hits will come out, it makes no sense. But whos to say that it may not be a cover up for a single or the album?? You just never know in this crazy crazy guns n roses world! Mike

P.S Mr Lofton I just loved your statements earlier in this thread about being a realist, I think the word you were trying to find was pessimist, and sorry to keep on at you but you also stated in another thread on this site that guns n roses were now irrelavent. Boy do you spend a lot of your time commentating on something you believe to be irrelavent!

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2005, 04:48:59 AM »

Sanctuary remember stopped affirming or denying rumors this year. I am not shocked they didn't dispel this one when asked. i'm not convinced this project does exist.

Well, Mercuriadis has supposely spoken to splat regarding the new dvd......

On the topic, I really don't think it's a new greatest hits. 3 and a half albums of own material are way too short  for having 2 ghs. Another different thing would be if we're talking about a rarities cd, unheard songs, demos, live rarities, etc...

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2005, 05:13:48 AM »

Maybe GN'R is turning like Queen. Greatest hits 1, 2, 3, 4  and then "best-of of the greatest hits" volume 14, and then "remix of best of of greatest hits" volume 18 etc...  hihi

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2005, 06:55:24 AM »

Amazing how much fuss you can create when 2 tiny unimportant websites hint that they might have heard that another Greatest Hits album is on its way. I think this discussion is not making a lot of sense as long as none of the great retailers (HMV, Virgin, Amazon..) or Universal have confirmed the album and release date. At least this rumour also made it on pauseandplay  Wink

Concerning the discussion about a "coverup": I guess in Guns world everything is possible, noone might be dissapointed if Greatest Hits 2 would not appear in stores (so they could postpone CD once more...).
 Somebody could have misunderstood things though and they just re release "Greatest Hits" in another circulation before christmas. As far as I remember the meager sentences used on the 2 pages use nearly the exact words as MTV commented on "Greatest Hits" last year.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 07:32:13 AM by god of thunder » Logged
DemocracyRose
« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2005, 07:03:48 AM »

I think this discussion is not making a lot of sense as long as none of the great retailers (HMV, Virgin, Amazon..) or Universal have confirmed the album and release date.

Norway Universal said it comes in march..........
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2005, 07:13:49 AM »

Daft as it may sound but I was talking to a friend about this earlier and he says Greatest Hit(s) could Actually Be A single?

Thats just his opnion he has no offical contact or anything
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2005, 07:16:00 AM »

godofthunder, I highly doubt that they will 're-release' the first greatest hits.Basically everyone who wanted it already bought it. Hell, here in California they were practicaly giving it away when it came out. Stores in my area were selling it for $5.99. I have never seen a new CD that cheap before. Unless this new hits album has some new songs or old unreleased material, we should boycott it. More than likely we wont get CD next year, so why should we fill their pockets for past success? This situation brings an old saying to mind: "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me" Shocked

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2005, 07:19:51 AM »

well, got response from Universal, that it will not be any GNR cd in December. So lets trust the March release!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2005, 09:11:07 AM »

well, got response from Universal, that it will not be any GNR cd in December. So lets trust the March release!

Then after March passes and nothing is said there will be a July rumor, then a November one.

See a pattern?

Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2005, 09:19:29 AM »

Maybe GN'R is turning like Queen. Greatest hits 1, 2, 3, 4  and then "best-of of the greatest hits" volume 14, and then "remix of best of of greatest hits" volume 18 etc...  hihi

Great idea, after hearing his work on classic queen songs i would love to hear what Wyclef Jean could do to appetite!    hihi
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2005, 09:23:26 AM »

well, i just can't think that they're going to release a 2nd GH album. it doesn't make sense. incl. lies and TSI there are only 5 albums worth of music, so there aren't enough greatest hits. there are great tracks, but not under the label GH, at least not for the masses.

if it was a rarities colelction or something like this, ok, this would sound more plausible. but then, they'd named it so.

so IMHO, it's the devil in disguise, i mean, CD in disguise. if something goes wrong, no one cares if it gets postponed. so they're minimising their risk.

just some thoughts...

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Dignan
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2005, 09:58:39 AM »

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/news.php?id=821

At Last, Guns N Roses Confirm New Album

Geffen records have announced a release date of December 5th for the new Guns N Roses album, the bad news is - it?s not the long awaited Chinese Democracy but Volume 2 of their greatest hits. Geffen records had immense success with Volume 1 last year despite protests from Axel Rose about its release. An announcement about the official track list is expected soon.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: