Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184248 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2005, 06:07:53 PM »

You guys are grasping at straws with this whole "maybe it's CD in disguise" thing.

The label has been waiting on this album for 10 years now, and there is absolutely no way that they are going to release it 6 weeks from now under a mysterious title. They will promote and hype it for months on end before hand because they need it to make a ton of money, because they need to recoupe that 13 million.

From a business stand point such a strategy would be an unmitigated disaster, and there is no way it is going to happen. People around here have to hope against hope there is no way it can't not be CD, but if you allow yourselves to think rationally for a minute you would realize there is no way a label will take its biggest release in years and do it in a hasty, rushed fashion like this. We would need a single, and major promotion work ahead of time. This supposed time frame doesn't allow for that.

If there is another release in the works, it probably is another greatest hits type thing which means the label needs to make some quick money this holiday season.

Its not supposidly coming out in December anymore, someone emailed a Universal Rep and they said March! Maybe they want to keep things calm until they are in a more stable position to deal with everything that is going to come along when CD is eventually announced/released. Putting CD on the books as Greatest Hits is a great way to say "hey there is a new gnr CD coming out in March" becuase its down there as a greatest hits CD all its going to get is a few enquires from the press and maybe a mention in the corner of some music magazine. Whereas if they came out with "Chinese Democracy March!" the press, everybody is going to start flooding sanctuary, universal with requests for interviews, sample CDs which mean leakes etc....blah blah blah maybe they arnt ready to deal with all that yet, but for some reason have to get it out there on the books to prepare stores etc that something is coming.

As i said before this is nothing new, apparantly they disguised the UYI albums before they were released and Guns were called the Frogs on the VMA schedule to stop people finding out what was really going on!

Maybe we are grasping at straws but explain to me how from a buisness standpoint releasing a product that doesnt appeal to the general public in any way whatsoever is going to sell. Greatest Hits II, the non hits! It doesnt make any sense!

Jonx

Good points Naupis!
I will not say i belive this is CD! but i really hope it is! It kind of make sence. No way Geffen would release a new GH cd now!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2005, 06:11:40 PM »

This is really weird. GH had good success with the mainstream public, but are they going to buy a GH without WTTJ, SCOM, NR etc???

Either this is Chinese Democracy in disguise or the record company have lost patience and are trying to milk it for all they can now..

well! i dont understand whay the recordcompany should milk GNR anymore, because they got theyr deal with GH, even Axl and co dident want them to! And, dident Tommy (or someone) say that it was "outsidedisturbence" that had delayed CD? That shoudent have anything with Axl HIMSELF holding back anyting! Also, remember the official news from sanctuary earlier this year! Universal had just got DUSINS of new GNR Stuff...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2005, 06:14:51 PM »

Maybe we are grasping at straws but explain to me how from a buisness standpoint releasing a product that doesnt appeal to the general public in any way whatsoever is going to sell. Greatest Hits II, the non hits! It doesnt make any sense!

The thing would sell a couple hundred thousand albums just because of the attached GNR name. It costs them nothing to make accept the cost of the CD's. The profit margin is a company's dream. If they wanted to make a quick couple million all they have to do is slap some songs on an album, call it GNR something or other, and put it in stores. If it doesn't sell well, there was no financial commitment so it doesn't matter. If they find a way to sell 500,000 copies worldwide, that's a quick 5 million bucks in sales with next to no overhead involved.

Coupled with the fact record sales are traditionally strong around the holiday season when this was being originally discussed for and you can see why it would make perfect sense for a record company to consider doing something like this.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2005, 06:19:42 PM »

Sorry because its been said so much.. but all Axl needs to do is give us a freaking statement. Help your fans out right?

gnrevolution.com
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2005, 06:22:02 PM »

if it is CD in disguise, wouldn't there be a single coming out beforehand - they wouldn't release CD without releasing a single first.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2005, 06:24:50 PM »

if it is CD in disguise, wouldn't there be a single coming out beforehand - they wouldn't release CD without releasing a single first.

turnon your radios folks!   hihi  rofl

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2005, 06:25:27 PM »

all people are saying in regards to the "disguise" theory is that the company is projecting to release CD on that date but being that its Axl and the whole situation it could somehow be cancelled and so they are labelling it something else until they are confident they can go ahead with the proper promotion work for CD..(singles,video,press etc}

but its a longshot to say the least

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2005, 06:27:50 PM »

If it's really gonna be released in March, which is the latest rumor, then there is plenty of time for a single. ?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2005, 06:40:01 PM »

A single would be nice. I do hope the longshot comes true.

explain to me how from a buisness standpoint releasing a product that doesnt appeal to the general public in any way whatsoever is going to sell. Greatest Hits II, the non hits! It doesnt make any sense!

Don't forget as how the Vintage GN'R is 'in' now Big time.

The whole disguise CD thing is pretty cool, although i think it's just plain simple blackmail of Axl like GH was. Either way i will probably buy it even though i have the songs already  Tongue

Angry Shame on you! Grin

Sanctuary remember stopped affirming or denying rumors this year. I am not shocked they didn't dispel this one when asked. i'm not convinced this project does exist.
What project?

LOL . The GH Volume 2, smart guy.

guy?

You couldent made that sentence any clearer i guess?  yes

My latest fetish is being cryptic. ok

I prefer to be cryptic about myself here.   Tongue

Na I just wanted to make sure kv.
I strongly believe the other project is on the move, regardless.  smoking
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2005, 06:53:25 PM »

This GH2 is a "Patomkin " project to hide the other  important project.....

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2005, 07:08:34 PM »

It is going to be Chinese Democracy

One of these days, you will be right! Maybe this time. Maybe next time. But when it is completely true, we shall be very very happy Gunners. yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2005, 07:16:46 PM »

Are any record stores confirming a new guns album either its cd or greatest hits?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2005, 07:21:13 PM »

Are any record stores confirming a new guns album either its cd or greatest hits?

I guess the spions should start emailing theyr countrys universal apartment

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2005, 07:54:01 PM »

This is pathetic. If it really is another greatest hits, then forget about CD coming out in 2006. Releasing a hits album means there is no plans for CD, so they have to continue milking old GNR. Whats sad is people keep drinking the milk, so they will milk it indefinitely. I didn't buy the other GH, and I wont be buying this one either. I thought Axl wanted to bury AFD? Why does he just keep milking it for all its worth? This is sad. I really hope some of you guys are right about this being a ploy and its really CD. But hell hasn't froze and pigs haven't flew, so I highly doubt it.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2005, 07:55:51 PM »

I thought Axl wanted to bury AFD? Why does he just keep milking it for all its worth?
Axl ISN'T.  He tried to stop the last Greatest Hits remember?
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2005, 08:02:31 PM »

If this is Chi Dem, I will blow every person on this forum.  Roll Eyes

It's Geffen being money hungry, and trying to get more cash off the Gn'R name. And all its gonna do is delay CD, and make Gn'R seem even worse.

Bye bye Chinese Democracy.  Cry

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2005, 09:01:02 PM »

Axl needs to release CD in 2005  because if he waits til after the trial, that is a huge gamble. If slash and duff were to win and CD is stillnot out that means slash and duff could release old gnr stuff like demos and outtakes when ever they want, and they could put them out the same week or month as CD to take away from the sale of CD. So axl is dumb to wait for the trial to release the album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2005, 09:10:33 PM »

dave, I've noticed a change in your attitude lately. Did you get hit in the face by reality? hihi beer

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2005, 09:17:41 PM »

dave, I've noticed a change in your attitude lately. Did you get hit in the face by reality? hihi beer

Just being a realist after this new postponement of the lawsuit.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2005, 10:08:15 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that if this is GH II, then we won't see Chinese til 2007? 

It seems like every two months there is something that sets CD back. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: