Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:23:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184252 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2005, 04:46:54 PM »

Nah! Chinese Democracy started 2002.

If Axl, Slash or Duff don't condone it I won't touch it anyway
My bet is Axl alone would condone this one.

Naaa! That was a bad Joke! If Axl wants this to be released, ill buy it! Not if its just one more recordcompany moneyeating thing!
Dont own Greatest Hits anno 04 yet, and i guess i wont buy it eather
me too and me either!

Equally I won't touch those unauthorized DVDs, cds n books keep coming publicly much to Axl's nuisance.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2005, 04:47:52 PM »

If it is a cover for something, as long as we are indulging wild guesses, perhaps this is the latest shot by the record company across the bow of the USS Axl Rose; hand over the album or they begin releasing the songs that they have in their possession. If you recall, Axl was kicked out of his recording studio last year; his computers and recording equipment seized.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2005, 04:50:32 PM »

Let's face it folks.  ANY news is good news at this point!!!     peace

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2005, 04:55:47 PM »

Its all part of the master plan. With a slightly change, Greatest hits I, II & III

Wink ?Oh, I get it...the new trilogy! ?Greatest Hits 1, 2, and 3. ?Arggghhhhhhhh!

Honestly, I'm losing my sanity here. ?This is like the god damn Twilight Zone: ?"You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!" ?-and no, I'm not hoping Axl tries to cover 1-hit wonder, Golden Earring. ?Smiley

Is this GH's 2 news a decoy??? ?A Trojan Horse if you will??? ?who the hell knows...only time will tell. ? Undecided ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2005, 05:07:38 PM »

This isnt going to be a Greatest Hits II, you cant put a Guns n Roses CD out and expect it to sell without including the majority of the songs that were on the first package. No record company puts a CD out these days unless they know its going to sell! Guns are on Geffen, who are owned by Interscope, who are owned by Universal, who through UMG own a lot of other record labels. Unless Axl wants out of Universal, which would be a huge mistake, he would have to go over to Sony or one of the other Big 3 record labels. I dont think he would go over to Sanctuary given their current financial problems, and the large amounts of artists who are deserting the label part of the company.

A Greatest Hits II doesnt make any sense whatsoever. The UYI albums were covered up, the VMA performance was covered up, now CD is being covered up!

Just my opinion

Jonx
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2005, 05:10:43 PM »

It is going to be Chinese Democracy
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:12:17 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

If it is a cover for something, as long as we are indulging wild guesses, perhaps this is the latest shot by the record company across the bow of the USS Axl Rose; hand over the album or they begin releasing the songs that they have in their possession. If you recall, Axl was kicked out of his recording studio last year; his computers and recording equipment seized.

Hold on a second here.  We know that Geffen cut funding in Feb. 2004, but where did you read that the seized recorded material.  Equipment and computers they were paying for, sure, of course.  But material?  Can they even do that?

Ali
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2005, 05:21:15 PM »

the thing is
we will hear a annoucement soon now... IF we don?t hear ANYTHING till midlle of november, believe me... 1 day before the cd go to stores, they will annouce that the album is in fact the new on... CHINESE DEMOCRACY

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2005, 05:27:41 PM »

Now, This is not a mere rumour to this point, innit?

If it is a cover for something, as long as we are indulging wild guesses, perhaps this is the latest shot by the record company across the bow of the USS Axl Rose; hand over the album or they begin releasing the songs that they have in their possession.

Hold on a second here.  We know that Geffen cut funding in Feb. 2004, but where did you read that the seized recorded material.  Equipment and computers they were paying for, sure, of course.  But material?  Can they even do that?

Ali
kv meant the old recordings by the songs that they have in their possession.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:35:03 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2005, 05:35:17 PM »

You guys are grasping at straws with this whole "maybe it's CD in disguise" thing.

The label has been waiting on this album for 10 years now, and there is absolutely no way that they are going to release it 6 weeks from now under a mysterious title. They will promote and hype it for months on end before hand because they need it to make a ton of money, because they need to recoupe that 13 million.

From a business stand point such a strategy would be an unmitigated disaster, and there is no way it is going to happen. People around here have to hope against hope there is no way it can't not be CD, but if you allow yourselves to think rationally for a minute you would realize there is no way a label will take its biggest release in years and do it in a hasty, rushed fashion like this. We would need a single, and major promotion work ahead of time. This supposed time frame doesn't allow for that.

If there is another release in the works, it probably is another greatest hits type thing which means the label needs to make some quick money this holiday season.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2005, 05:37:05 PM »

But why is there two dates confirmed? 6Dec. and March ?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2005, 05:39:39 PM »

Sanctuary remember stopped affirming or denying rumors this year. I am not shocked they didn't dispel this one when asked. i'm not convinced this project does exist.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
KZiggy
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2005, 05:41:21 PM »

Its all part of the master plan. With a slightly change, Greatest hits I, II & III

Have you ever tried to play Greatest hits upside down!? Yeah! Chinese Democracy started 2004!? hihi

rofl

Not everything thats called Coca-Cola taste like Coca-Cola. Check out the real deal at www.beenafix.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2005, 05:44:40 PM »

Sanctuary remember stopped affirming or denying rumors this year. I am not shocked they didn't dispel this one when asked. i'm not convinced this project does exist.
What project?
Evolution
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2005, 05:50:29 PM »

The whole disguise CD thing is pretty cool, although i think it's just plain simple blackmail of Axl like GH was. Either way i will probably buy it even though i have the songs already  Tongue
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2005, 05:55:15 PM »

What project?

LOL . The GH Volume 2, smart guy.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2005, 05:58:43 PM »

What project?

guy?

You couldent made that sentence any clearer i guess?  yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2005, 06:00:08 PM »

What project?

guy?

You couldent made that sentence any clearer i guess?  yes

My latest fetish is being cryptic. ok

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2005, 06:02:55 PM »

You guys are grasping at straws with this whole "maybe it's CD in disguise" thing.

The label has been waiting on this album for 10 years now, and there is absolutely no way that they are going to release it 6 weeks from now under a mysterious title. They will promote and hype it for months on end before hand because they need it to make a ton of money, because they need to recoupe that 13 million.

From a business stand point such a strategy would be an unmitigated disaster, and there is no way it is going to happen. People around here have to hope against hope there is no way it can't not be CD, but if you allow yourselves to think rationally for a minute you would realize there is no way a label will take its biggest release in years and do it in a hasty, rushed fashion like this. We would need a single, and major promotion work ahead of time. This supposed time frame doesn't allow for that.

If there is another release in the works, it probably is another greatest hits type thing which means the label needs to make some quick money this holiday season.

Its not supposidly coming out in December anymore, someone emailed a Universal Rep and they said March! Maybe they want to keep things calm until they are in a more stable position to deal with everything that is going to come along when CD is eventually announced/released. Putting CD on the books as Greatest Hits is a great way to say "hey there is a new gnr CD coming out in March" becuase its down there as a greatest hits CD all its going to get is a few enquires from the press and maybe a mention in the corner of some music magazine. Whereas if they came out with "Chinese Democracy March!" the press, everybody is going to start flooding sanctuary, universal with requests for interviews, sample CDs which mean leakes etc....blah blah blah maybe they arnt ready to deal with all that yet, but for some reason have to get it out there on the books to prepare stores etc that something is coming.

As i said before this is nothing new, apparantly they disguised the UYI albums before they were released and Guns were called the Frogs on the VMA schedule to stop people finding out what was really going on!

Maybe we are grasping at straws but explain to me how from a buisness standpoint releasing a product that doesnt appeal to the general public in any way whatsoever is going to sell. Greatest Hits II, the non hits! It doesnt make any sense!

Jonx
badapple81
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2005, 06:06:58 PM »

This is really weird. GH had good success with the mainstream public, but are they going to buy a GH without WTTJ, SCOM, NR etc???

Either this is Chinese Democracy in disguise or the record company have lost patience and are trying to milk it for all they can now..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: