Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185126 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #980 on: November 21, 2005, 09:15:58 AM »

Doesn't slash say one version is done by Axels management, not by Axl, according to the article. 
Maybe by Merck? Tongue
madagas
« Reply #981 on: November 21, 2005, 09:21:02 AM »

Merck=Axl
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #982 on: November 21, 2005, 09:23:20 AM »

Right so there's two possible "Best Of" ?tracklistings.

Axl's obviously been getting involved in this as he has submitted one of these tracklistings.

Universal have also got their own idea of what will be on it.

In fact, if you take the disagreements over the last greatest hits, the two tracklistings, Slash's involvement, and the assumption that this will be a Universal release (meaning some sort of co-operation/negotiation is going on between Axl and Universal), the plot is getting very, very thick....

To add to that... Why is it not possible that Axl is getting involved with this in order to release a good quality 'best of' with the intention of getting involved with the promotion of it (publicly or behind the scenes) so he can create a platform for an early 2006 (Jan-March) release of Chinese Democracy.

As far as I'm concerned, right or wrong, a 'Best Of' would help generate interest in Guns N' Roses, helping with the promotion of CD.

@#$%Funker
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #983 on: November 21, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

besides, it will sell great if an announcement about CD release or a single is made in advance. ok

I think this may be Axl's swan song on Geffen. Something is going on and it's not good. It also seems like something may have happened in the lawsuit.

Yeah, but maybe it's not that bad.

Merck=Axl

I'm not convinced. (Polly yes. but not officially.) Otherwise Slash would have named Axel.

It would be even funnier if the other version
By Universal (officially) = by S n D hihi

Damn, I initially thought of the opposite that it might be S n D version without Axl's approval, which was seemingly wrong, which is Good, that president must be from some Universal garbage collection company (his reason for releasing GH2 doesn't make sense if Ross Halfin is not BSing). We shouldn't expect anything decent to come from a dumping ground. hihi

I wonder if each side made 2 discs?
Or one disc each and decided to use both versions to make a 2 disc package?

(Edit:  Tongue)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 11:26:03 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #984 on: November 21, 2005, 10:06:26 AM »

The "Very Best" and once again we are " Welcome To The Jungle"  by " Guns N' Roses"..........

This should be the better "Greatest Hits" package to buy, I'll buy it,  WTF... nothing to lose, only to gain. hihi hihi   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #985 on: November 21, 2005, 11:19:34 AM »

Here is something else. If it only sells a half million copies the riaa will credit them with a million sales since its a double album.

I just dont see what songs they can put on vol II to complete the set since GH1 was really just missing estranged, browstone, easy and night train.

It wont be just singles, it's a best of album which would incompass the "best" songs the band made. So therefore they have a "wide" variety of material to choose from, and not just the singles.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #986 on: November 21, 2005, 12:30:46 PM »

I know it's on Amazon.com but it's not on amazon.ca yet.

Also when you look at the product details it says

Label: (label name not provided)

WTF is up with that? Wasn't there a Tribute thing called WTTJ before? I hope it 's not something "unofficial" again. It just seems weird that there are no statements from anyone yet.

Jonathan
« Reply #987 on: November 21, 2005, 02:00:43 PM »

Fucking Best of shit.. I'm not going to buy it.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #988 on: November 21, 2005, 02:10:31 PM »

well, im gonna buy it if there are some rare old tracks...  yes
Give us the tracklist ... !  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #989 on: November 21, 2005, 02:13:55 PM »

well, im gonna buy it if there are some rare old tracks...  yes
Give us the tracklist ... !  ok

im sure if axl had a finger, or a fist for that sake, in it we would get some rare shit... i hope!

chinese democracy start snart! (just had to) :p

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
madagas
« Reply #990 on: November 21, 2005, 02:33:57 PM »

some guy on the Velvet Rope said there is no new material but there will be some rare and unreleased material.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #991 on: November 21, 2005, 02:39:47 PM »

some guy on the Velvet Rope said there is no new material but there will be some rare and unreleased material.

If thats the case, which is very likely, then I'll but it.  I didn't buy the first GH.

t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #992 on: November 21, 2005, 02:40:18 PM »

im buying even if the tracklist sucks or not.? Tongue i cant wait to see what the cover looks like  hihi

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #993 on: November 21, 2005, 02:42:58 PM »

If thats the case, which is very likely, then I'll buy it.  I didn't buy the first GH.

The same for me  beer

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #994 on: November 21, 2005, 02:46:47 PM »

If thats the case, which is very likely, then I'll buy it.? I didn't buy the first GH.

The same for me? beer

Me too...anyone care to guess what it could be? I'd like a better version of Crash Diet for starters.

Here today...ready to rock
gnrfan420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #995 on: November 21, 2005, 02:51:09 PM »

i will buy it if there is unreleased material
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #996 on: November 21, 2005, 02:52:03 PM »

Not too hard to guess. I posted an imaginary tracklisting a couple days ago with such stuff. And there is no way in hell there's gonna be new material on GH2 (for many reasons we listed in this thread), so this guy could just be guessing. It will probably end up like this though: unreleased tracks spread within a classic best of.

I'm willing to bet on the following: Don't Cry [demo], Shadow Of Your Love, Crash Diet and possibly Jumping Jack Flash, November Rain [demo] and Heartbreak Hotel or Sentimental Movie.

Almost Famous
« Reply #997 on: November 21, 2005, 02:55:09 PM »

I'm not really banking on too many demos. Many of those are far to raw and most of the illusions ones use a primative drum machine. If this does have 'rare/unreleased' tracks, I'm betting on b-sides of singles (ie. 'KOHD live at the Marquee, Shadow of Your Love, Whole Lotta Rosie (from the Japanese 'Guns N' Roses EP'), etc.). Who knows, maybe there are many original masters of demos that we have not heard. My guess is that Crash Diet is a write of considering it's not even half of  GN'Rs members performing it.

Who knows. This is all very interesting though. I'm having fun with it.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #998 on: November 21, 2005, 02:58:43 PM »

I'm not really banking on too many demos. Many of those are far to raw and most of the illusions ones use a primative drum machine. If this does have 'rare/unreleased' tracks, I'm betting on b-sides of singles (ie. 'KOHD live at the Marquee, Shadow of Your Love, Whole Lotta Rosie (from the Japanese 'Guns N' Roses EP'), etc.). Who knows, maybe there are many original masters of demos that we have not heard. My guess is that Crash Diet is a write of considering it's not even half of  GN'Rs members performing it.

Who knows. This is all very interesting though. I'm having fun with it.

for all we know there might be better recordings for those songs... or they might polish them alittle and remix them a little better... Wink

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Almost Famous
« Reply #999 on: November 21, 2005, 02:59:45 PM »

Will - good call on Jumpin' Jack Flash and Heartbreak Hotel. The problem here is that the last GH had 5 covers on it and people were pissed about that...

I'd forgotten that one and the Don't Cry demo. I wouldn't think any of the November Rain demos we have heard would be a very entertaining listen for the average person, though.

Captain P?l - I hope you're right. Who knows what may exist in the vaults...?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: