Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185372 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #900 on: November 20, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

Something happened that changed my mind a bit...

I don't know if this is CD or greatest hits, but I'm pretty sure all of this waiting is coming to an end really soon...

Please don't leave us hanging Christos AG! What happened? Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #901 on: November 20, 2005, 04:45:36 PM »

Something happened that changed my mind a bit...

I don't know if this is CD or greatest hits, but I'm pretty sure all of this waiting is coming to an end really soon...

Please don't leave us hanging Christos AG! What happened? Smiley

Nothing serious, it's just something that makes me think that this is not Chinese Democracy.

However as I said I believe that all the waiting will be over soon. And hopefully in the first quarter of 2006.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #902 on: November 20, 2005, 04:47:41 PM »

i really doubt they will release a GH in December then CD in Jan or Feb.
IF AND THATS A BIG IF we see CD it will be next fall or 2007

and that sux

anything can happen at anytime but when a band and a company arent on the same page things become more complicated.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 04:50:43 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #903 on: November 20, 2005, 04:52:50 PM »

Hey on a side note...The first GHits is back in the Australian Album charts at #50 this week..Its sold over 140 000 Its P2 times.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #904 on: November 20, 2005, 04:57:04 PM »

anything can happen at anytime but when a band and a company arent on the same page things become more complicated.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that if this is GH2, it will be the way Axl wanted it. I don't have any reasons to believe this, but if the 1st GH took them to the court, I think both sides are wiser and can work together for some good results.

Besides, if CD is ready (remember Ross Halfin's comment) then the 2 sides might have been working together for some time now...

rainX
« Reply #905 on: November 20, 2005, 04:59:15 PM »

it really makes me sad that people actually have become so diluted with misinformation and false rumors that they believe this even could be chinese democracy, let alone those of you swearing by it.

it's not a matter of being positive, it's a matter of not being retarted.

wishful thinking, though, gets the better of us gnr fans more times than we'd care to admit.... so who am i to stop you from dreaming  Smiley

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #906 on: November 20, 2005, 05:01:31 PM »

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that if this is GH2, it will be the way Axl wanted it. I don't have any reasons to believe this, but if the 1st GH took them to the court, I think both sides are wiser and can work together for some good results.
no offense but who cares if Axl approves of this GH or not. DOes that make it right? I hope to God he doesnt approve of this release. Dont you want Axls main focus and goal to be concerning CD?

Besides, if CD is ready (remember Ross Halfin's comment) then the 2 sides might have been working together for some time now...
Many peopel have said CD s ready. And Im sure it is. But that doesnt mean anything until Axl hands it over to the powers that be. Im sure everything is done. From songs down to the artwork. But again it doesnt mean anything until its in our hands.

Anything can happen at anytime. Axl can 1 day say hes ready and the next say fuki it. They only need a 2 or 3 month window for this release. They need a formal press release, a single a video and an album release. The band could then do a shitload of promo during this time or they dont have to do anything.

A single and album release is all this band needs.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #907 on: November 20, 2005, 05:08:17 PM »

Yeah it makes sense. Axl Slash and Duff were all unhappy with the original Greatest Hits, if somehow they have opened up some lines of communication this new release could be the package that they all originally wanted!

There is still something big out there that we dont know about, CD must be done now there is just something else holding it up!

Jonx
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #908 on: November 20, 2005, 05:10:02 PM »

no offense but who cares if Axl approves of this GH or not. DOes that make it right? I hope to God he doesnt approve of this release. Dont you want Axls main focus and goal to be concerning CD?

Sure, but things don't always happen our way. Maybe they agreed on this. Besides, we have to wait and see first if this is just a rumor or a real thing.

Many peopel have said CD s ready. And Im sure it is. But that doesnt mean anything until Axl hands it over to the powers that be. Im sure everything is done. From songs down to the artwork. But again it doesnt mean anything until its in our hands.

Anything can happen at anytime. Axl can 1 day say hes ready and the next say fuki it. They only need a 2 or 3 month window for this release. They need a formal press release, a single a video and an album release. The band could then do a shitload of promo during this time or they dont have to do anything.

A single and album release is all this band needs.

As I said, I think that this time, soon is the word...

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #909 on: November 20, 2005, 05:12:13 PM »

Yeah it makes sense. Axl Slash and Duff were all unhappy with the original Greatest Hits, if somehow they have opened up some lines of communication this new release could be the package that they all originally wanted!
who cares if its what they all wanted. Old gnr are done with.

As I said, I think that this time, soon is the word...
Thats just hope talking

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #910 on: November 20, 2005, 05:16:14 PM »

Clearly not as we have a 2 CD Best of Package coming out in less than a month, to me that says that old GnR are not done with.

Jonx
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #911 on: November 20, 2005, 05:18:05 PM »

Clearly not as we have a 2 CD Best of Package coming out in less than a month, to me that says that old GnR are not done with.
to me that says CD is nowhere in sight

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #912 on: November 20, 2005, 05:23:03 PM »

You said "old Gnr", CD is new GnR. True, there is nothing out there at the moment that says CD is near. What is strange is that Universal are rush releasing this CD. Anyone involved in the music buisness knows that release schedules are worked out way in advance.

Basically it comes down to this...... We know shit, no one knows anything, all we can do is speculate and hope that early 06 will see some activity in new GnR.

Jonx
DemocracyRose
« Reply #913 on: November 20, 2005, 05:27:06 PM »

Clearly not as we have a 2 CD Best of Package coming out in less than a month,
Jonx

Actually we dont know... There havent been an official announcement by anyone...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #914 on: November 20, 2005, 05:45:20 PM »

Are we in agreement that theyre is DEFINITLY an album coming out on the 20th? Because I think thats how it is. GH2 or not..

The WTTJ cd is listed on amazon now.. so.. it seems like a disk is definitly coming out.

Im not expecting C.D. anymore.. but it could happen...

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #915 on: November 20, 2005, 05:47:26 PM »

I don't think there is anything big going on here. I think the best thing we could get out of this release is a worthy GH with remastered or at least good sounding demos and unreleased tracks. Their silence is weird, but that wouldn't be the first time they announce something out of the blue...Do not forget that last time (for GH1), Geffen issued a press release less than 4 weeks before its European release: press release: 02.19.2004/ actual CD release in Europe: 03.16.2004 (03.23.2004 in the States).

DemocracyRose
« Reply #916 on: November 20, 2005, 05:57:03 PM »

Do not forget that last time (for GH1), Geffen issued a press release less than 4 weeks before its European release: press release: 02.19.2004/ actual CD release in Europe: 03.16.2004 (03.23.2004 in the States).

Maybe Axl, Duff and Slash will sue again after an announcement from Geffen??
badapple81
« Reply #917 on: November 20, 2005, 06:23:29 PM »

They won't sue as they failed on their last attempt with GH.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #918 on: November 20, 2005, 06:49:57 PM »

Not Necessarily.

Lets do some brainstorming, mates.

Say, 'all the band needs' is ready. Maybe some mundane issues are still to be fixed. (stuff like, hand it over to whom? and in what condition?) But Anyway the band decided that it's time and that they should drop the small one this year and then the big one early in the next year, and now sets a date for the announcement.
It'll be the day the w8 starts publicly.
meantime, any new release with the band name will sell like hot cakes.
in that case What would the people that have power over the songs with the band name do?

Just a thought. As anything can happen at anytime, anything is imaginable. Tongue
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #919 on: November 20, 2005, 07:00:07 PM »

Nothing came up on search, but if someone's already posted this I apologise:

Slash consumes several large vodka and cranberrys and still looks remarkably sober. We discuss the two versions of Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits Vol II. One is done by Axel's management. Slash says the track listing is good but the politics from Axel's management leave a lot to be desired. The other is done by Universal. Slash tells me he hasn't approved either, so who knows what'll come out.

http://rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/november-2005/diary-november-2005.html
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: