Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185363 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #880 on: November 20, 2005, 11:12:33 AM »

WHY NOT?

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #881 on: November 20, 2005, 11:18:47 AM »

If they really are putting out a Greatest Hits 2, ...what the fuck will be on it??? Seriously...Greatest Hits 1 had all of the real hits. So is this going to be just #1 along with another CD of tracks that the mainstream never truly gave a shit about??

I personally think it must be some sort of cover up. I can't even begin to describe how little sense it would make to put out GH 2 years in a row...

It's not really a "greatest hits" package anyway. It's a best of, meaning they will put the best songs (not just the singles) on the album.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #882 on: November 20, 2005, 11:37:59 AM »

Chineseblues, that sounds like something possible too, but why not something bigger like the start of Round 2? 

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #883 on: November 20, 2005, 11:41:13 AM »

Chineseblues, that sounds like something possible too, but why not something bigger like the start of Round 2? 

Because its not gonna happen, like ive told you allready. The album isnt ready so there is no "round 2" untill it is. Get it through you're head.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #884 on: November 20, 2005, 11:55:10 AM »

If they really are putting out a Greatest Hits 2, ...what the fuck will be on it???

Not that hard. One of many possibilities:

Ok, here's my take on the tracklisting. It's a "Best Of", so maybe they can put less known stuff, we'll see:

CD1 [Early Days]:

01- Welcome To The Jungle
02- It's So Easy
03- Nightrain
04- Paradise City
05- Reckless Life
06- Mama Kin
07- Sweet Child O'Mine
08- Rocket Queen
09- Patience
10- Used To Love Her
11- Shadow Of Your Love [demo]
12- Welcome To The Jungle [live]
13- It's So Easy [live]
14- Crash Diet [demo]
15- Don't Cry [demo]
16- Nightrain [live]

(Approx running time: 74 min.)

CD2 [Latter Days]:

01- Live And Let Die?
02- Don't Cry (Original)?
03- November Rain?
04- Civil War
05- Yesterdays
06- Don't Damm Me
07- Dead Horse
08- Knockin' On Heavens Door
09- Locomotive
10- Coma
11- Estranged
12- You Could Be Mine

(Approx running time: 76 min.)

We were talking as well about a CD1 with regular songs and a CD2 with unreleased tracks and demos. There are many, many ways to fill up these CDs.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #885 on: November 20, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »

Well, ask chineseblues he knows Shocked 

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #886 on: November 20, 2005, 12:10:14 PM »

You're the one claiming to be an insider  Roll Eyes
madagas
« Reply #887 on: November 20, 2005, 12:17:23 PM »

Chineseblues, how exactly do you know the album isn't "ready"?
conny
« Reply #888 on: November 20, 2005, 12:27:38 PM »

The album isnt ready

Bullshit.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #889 on: November 20, 2005, 12:30:31 PM »

If it was ready, everyone at Universal and Sanctuary would be just so happy to share that bit of information to the fans and to the world.

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #890 on: November 20, 2005, 12:34:14 PM »

I've read every single page of this thread, and my question is: ?Why are we expecting ANYTHING? ?Whether it's a GH or CD in "disguise," remember - this originated as a RUMOR. ?Remember how many rumors we've had to deal with in the last year that were NEITHER confirmed or denied. ?Has anyone found a site where you can actually BUY this? ?There is no concrete evidence that ANYTHING is coming out. ?

All I'm saying is that before we continue to speculate WHAT'S being released, we should first find out if there 100% IS something being released!

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #891 on: November 20, 2005, 12:34:50 PM »

?I know it's gonna be a special edition to South America for sure...this is the best place of the world where GNR has sold out all their tours n' albums from the start, the u.s.a ain't deserve a thing from GNR just cuz that country didn't support'em like the way it meant to be, even everyone is hearin' Shakira n' Ricky Martin over there THESE DAYS!!!!, Universal and Sanctuary will admit it soon !!! ? ? ? smoking
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #892 on: November 20, 2005, 12:57:25 PM »

If it was ready, everyone at Universal and Sanctuary would be just so happy to share that bit of information to the fans and to the world.

Bingo, if it was ready we would have a SOLID release date and the promotion would have allready started. The band is gonna need quite a bit of promotion for this album, it isnt like 1991 when the band was out on tour and they were on TV and in the papers everyday. Plus if it was finished and sent in to the label, someone somewhere would have heard about it by now.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #893 on: November 20, 2005, 01:05:11 PM »

i guess we will have some more information about this package this week. And it will put an end to our speculations.. so, lets wait and see how it turns out! This may not be CD, but it CAN be something more interesting then a normal GH package... Atleast, lets hope so..  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ssm_slash78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #894 on: November 20, 2005, 01:15:20 PM »

alot of u seem surprised about this ive seen it quite a few times before this.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #895 on: November 20, 2005, 01:15:34 PM »

Do you think CD will be ready for Rock in rio?
I really start to worry about it... Sad

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #896 on: November 20, 2005, 01:35:45 PM »

i guess we will have some more information about this package this week. And it will put an end to our speculations.. so, lets wait and see how it turns out! This may not be CD, but it CAN be something more interesting then a normal GH package... Atleast, lets hope so..  ok

That's it nytunz. ok save that I doubt about our speculations. it'll rather fuel them.
 hihi

I donno if both of them are all happy but I guess we're getting the bit sooner than later.

I wonder which bit comes first. info about the very best of package, about the CD release or the first single?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:46:50 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #897 on: November 20, 2005, 01:50:25 PM »

I donno if both of them are all happy but I guess we're getting the bit sooner than later.

Believe me, everybody - everybody - at Universal AND Sanctuary will be so happy when Chinese Democracy is officially ready. (I wasn't talking about GH2 in my previous post, I was talking about CD). They will be litterally ecstatic about it.

I wonder which bit comes first. info about the very best of package, about the CD release or the first single?

I'm willing to take a wild guess here and say we'll hear first about GH2... Wink

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #898 on: November 20, 2005, 04:29:28 PM »

I am really starting to think that there is definetely something big going on here now. I do not believe that it is going to be another Greatest Hits, but either: a cover up for the announcement of the album release date, a new single, or very unlikely the actual release of Chinese Democracy. The reason I am starting to think this is because: (a) There has been absolutely no word from Sanctuary or Merck. (b) Nothing from Geffen. (c) The band members have gone very quiet in the last week or two. (d) no word at all from the ex band members. (If it were going to be a release of old material they surely would have had something to say by now. (e) No tracklisting yet announced, mmn that seems very strange!

It all seems a little too odd to me that if it is really is going to be another Greatest Hits package, Geffen would surely have announced it officialy by now. Its not even listed on their website. This for a release that is only a month away for fucks sake! Not the best marketing for something from Guns N Roses. We keep hearing these rumours about it, that have apparently come from Geffen insiders, but yet there is still no real cast in stone official news. I know there have been things popped on Billboard, Amazon, MusicTap.net & Reuters (i dont know who they are, I guess its some trustworthy corporation in America). Could it be that little snippets are being leaked out of the record company on purpose to these organisations to get people talking and get the rumour machine revving up? But there is nothing official at all from the record company, the band or the management, to actually say this thing is coming out! Thats what makes me think there is something big going on here, much more than meets the eye and certainly more than another pointless Greatest Hits! Just my thoughts of course, I just wandered what all you people out there thought? Mike

Sorry to quote my own fucking post but I am really keen to know what all you fellow fans out there think on this, because it all just seems a little weird to me what is going on at the moment! Mike

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #899 on: November 20, 2005, 04:37:29 PM »

Something happened that changed my mind a bit...

I don't know if this is CD or greatest hits, but I'm pretty sure all of this waiting is coming to an end really soon...

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: