Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:00:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What about Billy Howerdel?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What about Billy Howerdel?  (Read 4637 times)
Ryno2323
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 25, 2006, 06:14:55 PM »

Hey guys-

First time poster but have been visiting and reading for 5 years now. What do you guys think of Billy Howerdel being the alleged 3rd guitarist? I know he did some work on the live era cd, and apparently, at least according to an article Maynard gave in France promoting the new Tool album, he basically has said that A Perfect Circle is done. Just a thought.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 06:21:14 PM »

I have no clue who that is. 
Ryno2323
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:29:12 PM »

He's the A Perfect Circle Guitarist and founder. If you read some of the notes on Live Era you will see him in there. If anyone has ever seen A Perfect Circle Live, you know how good he is.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »

I have no clue who that is.?
'

he used to be a sound engineer for GnR then he quit and formed A Perfect Circle with ex-gunner drummer Josh Freese and TooL frontman, Maynard James Keenan.

The guitarist for TooL confirmed that APC was finished in the latest edition of Guitar World as well

I dunno what Howerdel will do i was wondering that myself....maybe he was on hiatus from GnR until Axl got his shit together hihi

GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 06:33:41 PM »

He doesn't have a Buckethead style, but He can play a guitar pretty well.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:35:32 PM »

He doesn't have a Buckethead style, but He can play a guitar pretty well.

duhhhh, i never even clued into that possibility...i was thinking he may go back as a sound engineer.....but he's had lots of cool experience touring for a big band hasn't he.....interesting idea yes

Ryno2323
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:36:10 PM »

There is also an interview from a couple of years ago when A Perfect Circle was touring in which Maynard basically bashes Axl for having Billy Howerdel working for Guns and not having the forthought and ingenuity to see what a great songwriter he was. I remember reading, on this board actually about 5 years ago, there was a rumor circulating that he filled in a lot of the guitar parts on live era in the areas that needed a little more production. He left and started A Perfect Circle. This was also around the time when Josh Freese was in the band who incidentally became the drummer for APC.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 06:38:34 PM »

There is also an interview from a couple of years ago when A Perfect Circle was touring in which Maynard basically bashes Axl for having Billy Howerdel working for Guns and not having the forthought and ingenuity to see what a great songwriter he was. I remember reading, on this board actually about 5 years ago, there was a rumor circulating that he filled in a lot of the guitar parts on live era in the areas that needed a little more production. He left and started A Perfect Circle. This was also around the time when Josh Freese was in the band who incidentally became the drummer for APC.

I thinki have the magazine with that article ok I'll see if i can dig it out if anyone wants to read it ok

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 06:49:54 PM »

bbilly is great but
1. he doesnt have the style that is needed by the 3rd guitarist
2. he wont do it... he left cuz he was bored.. he doesnt wanna be in the shadows again, after APC
3. axl wont call him after he quit as engineer

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 06:54:53 PM »

i know, after A Perfect Circle released Emotive in November 2004, Maynard said that Billy Howerdel was the main man behind that record. He wanted to test things before starting on his "Solo" project. I dont know if Billy was going to make a new band, or just a solo thing. But i remember he said he had some plans on making something else.. There is also a couple of songs Billy wrote for a Video Game. Its pretty hardcore, and he is a damn good guitarist. I think he could have layd down a really cool sound in GNR. On the videogame soundtrack he plays damn great! Maybe he is a better "shredder" then we know...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 07:17:56 PM »

As far as I know, APC isn't done. Where did you guys hear this?
I know the band is forced to take loooong breaks while the Tool (fucking awesome) thing is happening, but I never heard anyone say APC was done for good.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 07:22:09 PM »

I know the band is forced to take loooong breaks while the Tool (fucking awesome) thing is happening, but I never heard anyone say APC was done for good.

What Maynard said in the interview i read. Was that A Perfect Circle had released theyr 3 albums they had on contract. And that he did not belive that they would release anymore albums, but the would maybe do 2 - 3 more tracks in the future..

on the other hand. U never know with Maynard. Dident he say something like "there wont be anymore Tool albums, coz the world is going down in a couple of years" or something like that..  rofl He sure is funny that little devil..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 07:23:23 PM »

Billy is an awesome guitarist. I wouldn't mind seeing him in GN'R. I mean, look what he's done with APC. Those albums are great! Also, included in APC's
"thank you" section of the first album you'll find Axl Rose.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 07:26:17 PM »

Tool Guitarist Adam Jones says it in the latest edition of Guitar World ok

Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

I have an old article(2002) from Guitar One that says he was GNR's guitar engineer then went on to become their guitarist. It also says that the songs from the first APC album were actually songs that Axl rejected(and Billy was getting bored) so he left with his songs to start APC.
Throatrake
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »

Thanks for the info., Nytunz &Neemo. Kinda sucks if there's no more APC, but hopefully that means more Tool.

I guess this clears up Howerdell's schedule up for a while. If he doesn't join G&R, maybe Axl will join APC! drool

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »

Thanks for the info., Nytunz &Neemo. Kinda sucks if there's no more APC, but hopefully that means more Tool.

I guess this clears up Howerdell's schedule up for a while. If he doesn't join G&R, maybe Axl will join APC! drool

Yeah i think it sucks too Throatake I thought EmOtIvE sucked....kind of a shitty album to leave things off on IMO Undecided

Also Josh Freese is touring with NIN right now isn't he?

Throatrake
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »

Emotive, although a great word, was a suck ass cd. One great song though (Passive)

Howerdell is great and I will check out anything he does in the future.

I also didn't know Freese was touring with NIN. Nice. What's that, the 2,000th band he's played with? hihi

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 08:18:10 PM »

I also didn't know Freese was touring with NIN. Nice. What's that, the 2,000th band he's played with? hihi

yeah he's been around....but I'm not sure if he is touring with NIN....i read that he was...but I'm not an NIN fan so I dunno if it is true or not.  Maybe one of the multitudes of NIN fans around here can let us know peace

benchiefjr
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 10:50:29 PM »

yeah he's been around....but I'm not sure if he is touring with NIN....i read that he was...but I'm not an NIN fan so I dunno if it is true or not.? Maybe one of the multitudes of NIN fans around here can let us know peace
I believe he is...which he should because Dave Grohl made  up the parts to the new NIN cd, so I'm assuming they need to get an equally (or more) talented drummer to perform them live ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: