Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Nazi Moderators
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nazi Moderators  (Read 42477 times)
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2006, 02:10:19 AM »

a topic called "Axl's tits"

Now, you're onto something there!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2006, 02:17:38 AM »

but this is a GNR section of a GNR board and is used for news on GNR and nothing else.there are places on this board for every type of topic.i cant see what the problem is.bigfoot started a thread about canadians goin to the 2006 tour and was told to do it in the TOUR section,wheres the nazi in that
I agree every topic should be in the right section..... I have no problem with that and even hate it when people don't do it. ?Tongue But I was talking about threads being closed because a similar thread had been started before. It just creates huge threads in which sub-topics get lost.

would you rather come here and siv through 50 100page long threads to find what you were after or look through probebly about 8-10 threads for all the latest news on GNR?coz if similar topics werent merged then the board would be full of topics about the same subject
I'm not here to debate..... I'm not even gonna get into the "if you don't like it get out of here" kinda thing. I like a lot of things about this web site and the only thing I don't like so much is exactly that the threads are over watched.
I give people a little more credit than that.......
And just to answer your question, I really don't believe people would start two threads about the same topic just to be annoying. And if they did, one of them would eventually be forgotten and just one would remain updated. That's common sense and I believe most of us have it!

And I'll always agree with moving the threads to the right section!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 02:24:45 AM by xxMarcelaxx » Logged
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2006, 02:27:41 AM »

but this is a GNR section of a GNR board and is used for news on GNR and nothing else.there are places on this board for every type of topic.i cant see what the problem is.bigfoot started a thread about canadians goin to the 2006 tour and was told to do it in the TOUR section,wheres the nazi in that
I agree every topic should be in the right section..... I have no problem with that and even hate it when people don't do it. ?Tongue But I was talking about threads being closed because a similar thread had been started before. It just creates huge threads in which sub-topics get lost.

would you rather come here and siv through 50 100page long threads to find what you were after or look through probebly about 8-10 threads for all the latest news on GNR?coz if similar topics werent merged then the board would be full of topics about the same subject
I'm not here to debate..... I'm not even gonna get into the "if you don't like it get out of here" kinda thing. I like a lot of things about this web site and the only thing I don't like so much is exactly that the threads are over watched.
I give people a little more credit than that.......
And just to answer your question, I really don't believe people would start two threads about the same topic just to be annoying. And if they did, one of them would eventually be forgotten and just one would remain updated. That's common sense and I believe most of us have it!

i understand what your sayin but poeple do start multiple topics about the same thing.take this one for instance,theres already is a topic about "hey mods,why did you move my topic".if bigfoot had searched (and read the rules) then he would have found it.but if the mods were slacker here then it would be even harder to find certain topics which would result in even more topics about the same thing.ive done it myself,but it doesnt change the fact that the rules on this board make it the best run board. peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
lookingforbigfoot
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2006, 02:30:32 AM »

No you missed the point dude - you don't go and drink and drive...you live and let live...live and LET live. ?(or like some smartass I'm sure will post live and let die) the point being LET! ?LET people do. ?Don't make them...andwhile we're on teh point about "hey hey why don't I just drink and drive and kill people" I'm not gonna get into a philosophical debate with you but punishment as a form of deterrence is one of the least effectiev manners of enforcement there is. It's good in alot of other ways - mainly a way to maintain control and a hierirchal system - but as a form of preventing crimes etc, deterrence by punishment isn't effective.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2006, 02:39:20 AM »

No you missed the point dude - you don't go and drink and drive...you live and let live...live and LET live. ?(or like some smartass I'm sure will post live and let die) the point being LET! ?LET people do. ?Don't make them...andwhile we're on teh point about "hey hey why don't I just drink and drive and kill people" I'm not gonna get into a philosophical debate with you but punishment as a form of deterrence is one of the least effectiev manners of enforcement there is. It's good in alot of other ways - mainly a way to maintain control and a hierirchal system - but as a form of preventing crimes etc, deterrence by punishment isn't effective.

Huh  Huh  Huh  oooookkkkkkkk.

ill tell you what,ill opt for the easy option......LIVE AND LET DIE  hihi

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 02:42:21 AM »

Dude you going to be in new york on the 12th - 15th? I wanna give you a smack...

Please don't smack anybody. We're supposed to love each other. Now let's all hug. Smiley
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 02:53:39 AM »

this is like every story, there are 2 sides to every coin. i for one really agree with bigfoot, i think this board is very very athortarian (spelling??). i visit other boards not related to gnr, that are very organised and dont find half the bitching/hassle/ difficulty in finding relevance in threadsas there are pages of shit to trawl through.

bigfoot and others like him aren't a problem........what is a problem is some fuckin tit who has 3000 odd posts thinking that they have some god given right to berate "newbies"...what a crock. i have been coming to this board or (or actually the EZ board that it was at the time) since '99 i think.

now just because i don't have a lot of posts doesn't mean im a newbie, fact is i been watching the board a lot longer the say 75% of the people here....that doesn't give me any devine right either, but it does aloow me and others who don't post that often, though who do read often, the right to an opinion and to post that opinion in a way that they see fit. thats whats called DEMOCRACY (no not a chinese one!) ok

hope this post made sense to anyone that read the 4 pages previous, and please always think before saying things like "fuckin' newbies....." this should be a welcoming place, not one of the most hostile boards on the net

beer

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 02:58:50 AM »

Dude you going to be in new york on the 12th - 15th? I wanna give you a smack...

Please don't smack anybody. We're supposed to love each other. Now let's all hug. Smiley

I dont know who you are bigfoot , but Ill be at all the shows in NYC, you wanna smack someone, look for me, you dissed a friend of mine, dont take very kindly to that..!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see who hits the floor punk.

Anyway, on topic, your whole argument is completely rediculous, and and you obviously  are more comfortable jsut talking crap than being on a board that is structured IMO, one of the best GNR sites, maybe you missed getting a GED or something. I dunno.

BUt I do know the reason for rules is to keep things organized, to keep things in a orderly fashion.

Jarmo has runa great site here for many yrs, and to call his tactic Nazism , tells me you really dont know what the word means. And its ignorant. BUt seeing as you are still not banned obiously your whole argument is fucked.

If ya dont like how things are run, like others say create your own board, or just post whatever you wish where others like your rants of nonsence. Im on basically all boards, moderated many, and rules are inplace for reasons.  You dont like em, oh well , follow them or  just go.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 03:01:01 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 03:05:40 AM »

No, I disagree with you...you're trying to force the "real" conversations instead of letting the people of the board vote for what they want with their responses...social engineering, power tripping, whatever you want to call it...true, it's your board it's your right, I really just wish you would take the high road and lighten up a bit.

Power tripping?

That's a classic one. Just because I like to have some kind of order in the place instead of chaos, I'm a nazi on a power trip....

Moving this post (that was getting quite a response) to this section will effectively kill it - who the hell comes to this section?? like you wanted to.

Obviously you have a very weird idea of what I want and what you think I want.

Dude, it used to be a better board, you're going overboard, and yeah you're gonna have a bunch of yes men and posters without brains of their own agreeing with you, but mygnrforum, roses of velvet, and others are more active now because people like me are moving away from this board and your mods' overzealous cencensorshit.? It'll carry on but as a die hard gnr fan who likes seeing people's opinions expressed freely, you're killing the board man.

Can't please everyone, that's been my policy since day one.

A lot of people prefer other boards, that's cool. I don't care about that. I don't count how many members we have or compare to others.

All I know is that there are people here who do prefer this place to others. Maybe because we actually have rules and don't let bored teenagers, who think they're tough by acting "cool" on the Internet, run the place.

By the way, in most cases, the ones who call us nazis or say we're on a power trip are people who got their thread locked. Wonder if you had cared this much if I had let your "Who's going to NYC from Canada" thread be open?? Roll Eyes

One more thing to all the fans who say GN'R were against all rules blah blah blah. They made their own fucking rules and if you didn't live by them, well..... Ask Steven Adler what happened.  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 03:11:20 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 03:13:07 AM »

this is like every story, there are 2 sides to every coin. i for one really agree with bigfoot, i think this board is very very athortarian (spelling??). i visit other boards not related to gnr, that are very organised and dont find half the bitching/hassle/ difficulty in finding relevance in threadsas there are pages of shit to trawl through.

bigfoot and others like him aren't a problem........what is a problem is some fuckin tit who has 3000 odd posts thinking that they have some god given right to berate "newbies"...what a crock. i have been coming to this board or (or actually the EZ board that it was at the time) since '99 i think.

now just because i don't have a lot of posts doesn't mean im a newbie, fact is i been watching the board a lot longer the say 75% of the people here....that doesn't give me any devine right either, but it does aloow me and others who don't post that often, though who do read often, the right to an opinion and to post that opinion in a way that they see fit. thats whats called DEMOCRACY (no not a chinese one!) ok

hope this post made sense to anyone that read the 4 pages previous, and please always think before saying things like "fuckin' newbies....." this should be a welcoming place, not one of the most hostile boards on the net

beer
the only bitching here is the poeple who get their dumb threads locked.if it was in the right section or if it had any relevence to the section it was in then there would be no bitching......the situation is "think before you start a thread"

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 03:15:10 AM »

As for rosesofvelvet, come back here when you celebrate YOUR 3 year anniversary and let us know how that's going......
Rainx, the minute I seen this guy mention ROV, I had a feeling you or chineseblues would have something to say. Its like you guys search threads and forums where either me or ROV are mentioned. Get over it.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2006, 03:31:33 AM »

a topic called "Axl's tits"

Now, you're onto something there!!

"Teat suckler extraordinaire, the story of Axl's teats and the women who loved them."

Coming soon to a forum near you.........
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2006, 04:03:54 AM »

beer
the only bitching here is the poeple who get their dumb threads locked.if it was in the right section or if it had any relevence to the section it was in then there would be no bitching......the situation is "think before you start a thread"

fair enough, but daily we see people express an opinion and its met with "fuck you..." or my fave "Source!". i know we get a lot of cunts on here trying to bullshit, but people get flamed here a lot for no reason, other than someone disagrees with their opinion. Undecided

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2006, 04:05:13 AM »

SLC isnt allowed to go around posting pictures and nothing else. As funny as it is... hes not allowed to do it all the time because its a RULE. It has a PURPOSE... to keep the board an actual MESSAGE board.

Poor bastard needs to spend all of his time coming up with funny MESSAGES now... ?Undecided

"Teat suckler extraordinaire, the story of Axl's teats and the women who loved them."

Coming soon to a forum near you.........

At least there's a purpose. ?hihi
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2006, 04:09:33 AM »

Hey...  Cheesy

Great, another one just called me a nazi.

Well, as someone said, there are 2 sides to every story.

Read mine (As I'm the 2nd side to THIS story), and then let me know what you think...

1st of all a GREEK cannot be a Nazi. Read history.

Now let's recap...

Section:

Guns N' Roses
Everything GN'R related, including discussions about present members.
Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Jim, Pandora, Ignatius

bigfoot posts the following new thread:

TITLE: CANADIAN THREAD

Any Canadians making the pilgramage to any shows?  Post here...

Now someone PLEASE tell me where do you see the relevance in the section's description and the message this guy posted.

My answer before locking his thread:

Go to the On Tour section and post at the show's thread you're interested in going to.

(IRONY MODE ON) Now, that's what I call NAZI... (IRONY MODE OFF)

Let's all take a look at the ON TOUR section's description:

GN'R On Tour!
Show info, setlists, reviews etc. Set up meetings at the shows here! Post show/venue info and questions. Dedicated to everything concerning the upcoming tour/shows. Only confirmed shows.

Do you see me starting a new thread about Greeks who are going to any shows?

No.

Why?

Because there are rules.

Why follow the rules?

Because this is isn't YOUR board. You get access here for free. Now, someone owns this board.

Who?

Jarmo. He sets the rules.

Like them?

Stay.

Don't?

Leave.

I don't see any nazis in this case.

All I see is someone who obviously can't read and then whines because his thread got locked and he can't get any attention.

And ofcourse, after I've proved my point I could very easily lock your thread. But I won't.

I'll let you humiliate yourself even more.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 04:32:04 AM by Christos AG » Logged

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2006, 04:24:27 AM »

beer

fair enough, but daily we see people express an opinion and its met with "fuck you..." or my fave "Source!". i know we get a lot of cunts on here trying to bullshit, but people get flamed here a lot for no reason, other than someone disagrees with their opinion. Undecided

as far as the "source!" part goes, i don't think that asking fo a source on a news someone posted is that bad. this band has a lot of rumours surrounding it and it will get uglier as the shows will get closer so we can't have different threads for each person that maybe heard somethin being said about gnr.

i am reading the gnr section to find things gnr related not the meetings from different people in different countries. haw would u like it if every country had a thread in the gnr section about meetings? there would be the first 2 pages only with that and no gnr news.

as far as the 50 page threads, i agree, sort of. there's a lot of people quoting 4-5 posts and just say i agree or yes or just add a smiley. that's wrong. maybe the mods should delete those posts too because in the rules it clearly says not to post those kind of things.

but, in the end, i still chose this board cos it's the most organized one.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2006, 04:35:07 AM »

As far as I know, when you agree to register at some board, you also agree to follow the rules. Of course, the adm/mods assume you would actually read the board rules.

There is democracy, of course, but don't mistake it to shit in the room. You have to be social, respecting the majority of other people's desires and needs. You may think its right to post whatever you want, but this is a free place to all GNR fans, so it needs to work for all of them, not just for you.

You don't like the rules? Fine, move on, go to another board and be happy. You're not obligued to be here either. Now, that's democracy: if you don't like how jarmo run the forum, you don't have to stay here. But bitching and whinning about a rule that worked very well for the others in the past years is dumb.

Also, for people complaing about huge threads: use the search function. Is not that hard.

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2006, 04:51:51 AM »

Also, for people complaing about huge threads: use the search function. Is not that hard.

no it's not that hard, but when you finally find the post you're looking for and you'll want to find the post that goes on with that disscussion you'll find it 3 pages later because the thread is filled with posts like i agree, you're right, ok and stuff like that. people should think twice before posting yes

godiva
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2006, 05:46:04 AM »

The reason I prefer this board over others is because it is moderated this way. I fully understand US fans getting excited about these great NY gigs, but I'm happy their eagerness to post was channeled by the moderators, making it easier to read for other fans.

I'm quite new here, although I have been lurking the forum for some time before posting, and I have to say everybody has been most welcoming.

There are a lot of GNR forums on the internet. I am sure everybody can find one they like  beer Good luck searching for a board with rules that you an appreciate.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2006, 07:02:33 AM »

no it's not that hard, but when you finally find the post you're looking for and you'll want to find the post that goes on with that disscussion you'll find it 3 pages later because the thread is filled with posts like i agree, you're right, ok and stuff like that. people should think twice before posting yes

I agree 100%.

Post that quote five other posts and just say "I agree" do not contribute anything to the discussion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: