Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Nazi Moderators
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nazi Moderators  (Read 42489 times)
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2006, 05:19:42 PM »

I've never had a problem with this site or with the mods. Everything is really organized, unlike some websites I've been to. This particular site has been doing very well for 10 years (right?). So I think they must be doing something right.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

You don't seem to get it.

Most of the mods don't dictate what people should talk about. For example, you're free to talk about Canadians going to the NYC shows, but please make sure you do it in the right place.

The only time mods might interfere with what's being talked about is when the subject is breaking the rules (for example two people are talking to each other and they're just throwing insults at each other).

Or when somebody is posting personal information about a band member, posting links to illegal downloads etc etc.

Occasionally a useless thread will get locked because it was clearly just started as a "joke" or to annoy.

I guess you don't like that either, but I'd rather have relevant threads in the GN'R section than 30 "Look at this pic OMG! LOL!" threads.

There was a thread posted today about cowbell in the GN'R section. To me it looks like it was another attempt at being funny by the poster who started it. I'm still waiting for his reply to the question he asked. If he fails, I will lock it. If you start a thread asking for peoples' opinions on a subject, why not post your own while you're at it?

Seems like some people don't see the difference between a blog, a chat room and a message board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
88 Days
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2006, 07:10:04 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=29021.0 <---- locked

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=29022.0 <---- remains open by jarmo's decision

makes sense, jarmo. thanx.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2006, 07:13:02 PM »

You guys have way to much time on your hands.? Jarmos site=Jarmos rules.? End of story.? He's had this board for 10 years and it's the most popular board on the net.? Obviously he's doing something right.? I don't understand the arguments. no?

88 Days
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2006, 07:16:47 PM »

it was MY fucking thread, that's why i asked the question. i thought that was what this section was for?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2006, 07:29:09 PM »

it was MY fucking thread, that's why i asked the question. i thought that was what this section was for?

Listen, Jarmo has gotten pissed at me and I have gotten pissed back at him a couple times.  But it's like someone coming into your house that you own and start talking shit and doing stupid stuff.  It's his house, his rules.  Why don't you just PM if you have issues instead?  You might get a better answer.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »

As for rosesofvelvet, come back here when you celebrate YOUR 3 year anniversary and let us know how that's going......
Rainx, the minute I seen this guy mention ROV, I had a feeling you or chineseblues would have something to say. Its like you guys search threads and forums where either me or ROV are mentioned. Get over it.

next time you have something to say jackass keep my name out of it you obsessed little troll.
Beowulf
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2006, 08:29:31 PM »

Listen, Jarmo has gotten pissed at me and I have gotten pissed back at him a couple times.? But it's like someone coming into your house that you own and start talking shit and doing stupid stuff.? It's his house, his rules.? Why don't you just PM if you have issues instead?? You might get a better answer.

You seem to underestimate the appeal of causing a dramatic scene.  hihi
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »

Actually no I don't see a problem with everyone posting stuff like that - first of all, it probably wouldn't be as bad as you thingk with teh # of new topics.  And secondly, those topics (if there AREN'T alot of Canadians, Irishmen, Scandanavians etc) will die down and not last long.  What WILL survive is what people on the board really care to talk about, NOT what the mods think they do....

Dudes... nothings gonna get through to this guy....

gnrevolution.com
lookingforbigfoot
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2006, 10:00:15 PM »

Yeah I'm a lost cause.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2006, 10:23:22 PM »

Well brother its true.

Jarmo's point was exellent. If everyone made a "any *insert nationality* going to NY?" the forum would be reduced to trash.

True, its doubtful that EVERYONE would create a thread like that.. but why bump an important topic for one 2-3 people will respond to?  Like Jarmo said, create a "If your canadian going to NY, PM me" signature. Or even just (god forbid) post in the 50 (DUN DUN DAA!) page NY thread.

A board will run well if people use common sense. When I have a question I search for it.. I may PM people.. I might even just ask it in a random thread. I don't go and create a new topic just because I want to. Its about thinking about whats good for the community. Does the forum really need me asking this question? Should I clutter the forum with this? Is this helpful to others?

Questions like that are important. Especially if you want to be taken seriously on this forum. It's run exellently and its sad to see that recently its been flooded by people who seem to have no respect or common sense. Im not saying that your one of those people, but maybe thats why your topic got locked, maybe the mods are on edge? And so what if they are.

If the mods being "nazi's" means I dont have to read another

"Whats your favorite new song?" thread
or a
"Questions for Axl" thread
or a
"what would be cool for a new guitarist even though im basing this off absolutly NOTHING" thread
or a
"i think CD will be loaded with COWBELL!" thread

then im totally ok with that.

And yeah its true, they haven't locked the cowbell thread, or the new questions for axl thread... but thats ok.

Bottom line, its Jarmo's site. And he can do what he wants.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2006, 12:22:40 AM »

As for rosesofvelvet, come back here when you celebrate YOUR 3 year anniversary and let us know how that's going......
Rainx, the minute I seen this guy mention ROV, I had a feeling you or chineseblues would have something to say. Its like you guys search threads and forums where either me or ROV are mentioned. Get over it.

next time you have something to say jackass keep my name out of it you obsessed little troll.
Didn't take you very long. Even having my online status hidden doesn't keep you and these other goons from looking for me. It seems like you would finally get tired of it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2006, 12:26:42 AM »

Let me explain it to you once again before you get banned for the tenth time: Stop bumping your own threads and they might remain open.

Anybody can see what you did in that thread.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Brody
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2006, 12:31:28 AM »

You couldn't be farther from the truth, and you obviously just came here today for the purpose of starting trouble and getting attention for something else......

You under estimate the fact that Jarmo has run a forum for 390 years, and he's seen how quickly something can sloppy and a bitch for the regulars to read. Mygnrforum is a fucking mess, dude, horribly organized, information not marked at all. You might think that means it's busier, it just means it's a lot harder to read and manage. As for rosesofvelvet, come back here when you celebrate YOUR 3 year anniversary and let us know how that's going......

What does this have to do with my site!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2006, 08:06:46 AM »

Actually no I don't see a problem with everyone posting stuff like that - first of all, it probably wouldn't be as bad as you thingk with teh # of new topics.? And secondly, those topics (if there AREN'T alot of Canadians, Irishmen, Scandanavians etc) will die down and not last long.? What WILL survive is what people on the board really care to talk about, NOT what the mods think they do....

Once again, follow your own logic:

If people WANT that type of thing, they'll gravitate toward forums that allow it (as you should do, if this is that big a deal to you), and this forum will die.

Again, you want the boards moderated FOR YOU.  That's just not going to happen here.... If you'd like a forum where that's done...you should look into running your own.  Others have done it...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2006, 08:09:08 AM »

You guys have way to much time on your hands.? Jarmos site=Jarmos rules.? End of story.? He's had this board for 10 years and it's the most popular board on the net.? Obviously he's doing something right.? I don't understand the arguments. no?

Exactly my point.

In one breath bigfoot advocates "survival of the fittest" and in the next he' saying exactly the opposite (change the board).

Again, it's just as simple as you put it:

Jarmo's site=Jarmo's rules.

Together again,
lookingforbigfoot
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2006, 08:50:31 AM »

OK, this just proves my point that people don't fully read through multi page threads on topics...I already responded to that whole "well by your logic the board will die then"....

Eh hem....

Try to follow your own logic here, OK?

If you don't like the rules, go post at one of the myriad of forums you mention above.

If enough posters felt the same way, this forum would, effectively, die.

And the "other' forums would prosper.

So, essentially, by asking jarmo to change the way the boards are moderated to suit YOU, you are effectively doing exactly what you're accusing jarmo of (in your brain)...not letting "survival of the fittest" take place.

Of course, the real point is that this forum WON'T die because, quite frankly, it's the best and busiest on the net.  And the rules are pretty much the same as they've always been.  Under them, the site has not floudered but, really, prospered.

You can read the Admin section to see that whining about the mods accomplishes nothing.  Nothing.  You asked why you shouldn't be allowed to voice your opinion on the subject?  The answer is: you should.  Of course, then everyone should be able to voice THEIR opinions on YOUR opinion (that priviledge is not yours, alone).  What you SHOULDN'T do is expect that opinion to change anything.  What you SHOULD do is shit or get off the pot.  Either abide by the rules or go elsewhere.

Because people usually follow the path of lease resistance...even if that means stickin around the board you've been on for years as it slides downhill...there are alot of people here already, the board is very active, and what better place to have a truly great board with truly open dialogue?

Oh, as for being 1000's of miles away I'll be in NY on GnR weekend for anyone who's interested...and like my thread that was locked said, I'd LIKE to see any Canadians that made it down...and I'm sure most of them would have seen that title in a thread - however I'm sure most did NOT read every post throuth 50 pages about a show in New York...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2006, 09:14:06 AM »

OK, this just proves my point that people don't fully read through multi page threads on topics...I already responded to that whole "well by your logic the board will die then"....

Oh no, I read it. It's just nonsense. I've been on boards (not GnR) where moderation changed, or got too strict for posters tastes.? Know what happened? The forums died.?

It wasn't that I didn't read your response.? It's that I obviously needed to repeat myself because you're just not getting the point.

There's a reason WHY the board is so active. Again, use your own logic. Saying it's because "it's the path of least resistance" is a cop out ( and the same COULD be said of your suggestion to just let things go along with no forms of organization...it would be "the path of least resistance".... ), and one proven to be untrue in a vast number of cases/forums in the past.? It also doesn't explain why membership CONTINUES to grow.  You want "survival of the fittest", you got it!

This board is not going to be moderated FOR YOU.? Why should it be?? The MAJORITY of posters (obviously, because they're still here, active, and posting) like things this way. YOU don't.? So, given that, and given jarmo owns the site and can moderate any damn way he chooses (just like we, if we don't like it, can leave).....

We're right back to you following your own logic.

YOU want "survival of the fittest" in the discussion areas because it suits your "agenda" of getting your post up.

You DON'T want "survival of the fittest" in the forum, as a whole, because it DOESN'T suit your "agenda" of getting your post up.

It's that simple, really.

So you have a decision to make:

Follow the rules or leave.

Why is that so hard to understand?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 09:18:47 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2006, 09:43:09 AM »

Didn't take you very long. Even having my online status hidden doesn't keep you and these other goons from looking for me. It seems like you would finally get tired of it.

hmm you post something about me when i havent done anything and you expect me to not respond? you really are a moron.  ok
Brody
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2006, 10:13:29 AM »

Could some1 just tell me what what my site has to do with this!! you guys seem to bring it up alot! I never visit your site nor mention you guys! whats with all the hate towards my site that comes from you guys!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: