Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what i would like answered on the 12th...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what i would like answered on the 12th...  (Read 8989 times)
88 Days
« on: April 24, 2006, 09:29:31 PM »

if axl addresses the leaks at all in a way that he seems mad about it happening, i can finally shake the (uncertain) feeling that somehow he knew about the leaks and that's why he listed the leaked tracks (TWAT and better) plus the blues as some of his favourites. i know it's unlikely, but you never know with axl. and don't bother bashing me for feeling that this isn't all a coincidence, axl has been known to be a very clever planner and businessman so you never know with him. thoughs?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »

I don't think it's coincidental at all that the exact songs he listed in an interview leaked a month later. I doubt he'll directly address the leaks, he may introduce some of them jokingly, like "Some of you all may've heard this one before (*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*)". Something like that, sarcastic. Don't expect him to go on a tirade about how some fuckin' 20 year old intern at Interscope stole a cd or something...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
88 Days
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »

I don't think it's coincidental at all that the exact songs he listed in an interview leaked a month later. I doubt he'll directly address the leaks, he may introduce some of them jokingly, like "Some of you all may've heard this one before (*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*)". Something like that, sarcastic. Don't expect him to go on a tirade about how some fuckin' 20 year old intern at Interscope stole a cd or something...

i don't at all, but knowing axl and his rants it's not out of the question that he will throw in an one-liner about how "some fuck" made the songs available to the public or something, possibly in a humorous way. we'll have to wait and see though peace
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 09:46:25 PM »

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting answers to questions like these on the 12th:

Who's in the band?
What songs are they playing?
Any previously unheard new material?
When's the CD coming out?

The stuff that's already been leaked - how, by whom, etc. - isn't so big of a deal to me...
88 Days
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 09:48:59 PM »

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting answers to questions like these on the 12th:

Who's in the band?

The stuff that's already been leaked - how, by whom, etc. - isn't so big of a deal to me...

i'm sure we all are very interested in having the above questions answered, and some of them we obviously will have answered, but some of us are also curious as to how the leaks happened and especially axl's thoughts on them, as leaked material from the mythic chinese democracy has sparked curiosity worldwide and is of great interest to gnr fans.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 09:52:52 PM »

Who's in the band?

Yoy'll get the answers to these.

Not this one. (at least nothing concrete) soon, soon.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 10:00:51 PM »

Who's in the band?

i'm sure we all are very interested in having the above questions answered, and some of them we obviously will have answered, but some of us are also curious as to how the leaks happened and especially axl's thoughts on them, as leaked material from the mythic chinese democracy has sparked curiosity worldwide and is of great interest to gnr fans.

Totally understand that.  I'm curious myself, just anxious for more forward-progress, if that makes any sense.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 10:03:30 PM »

If Axl doesn't ?say when CD is coming I think it will be dissapointing to everyone in the audience. ?I've seen GN'R three times and will see them more but I want to know when this album is coming. ?Otherwise, get back with the old guys and do shows with them. ?There would at least be a purpose to touring then. ?Alot of old rockers tour and play the same songs and that's great. ?I'll keep on going to see the Stones, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Motley Crue ?whoever but then at least let everyone know there will be nothing coming out. ?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 10:06:10 PM by amundsma » Logged
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 10:12:32 PM »

I see Axl talking a LOT during these shows. I'm sure he has a lot he wants to get off his chest.
I could be wrong though. He might just kinda joke around a little bit. We WILL find out SOON!!!

I'd like to hear him say "I have in my hands 1 copy of a certian cd you've been waiting for. Have fun" (as he throws it into the crowd) no

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 10:18:58 PM »

I'd like to hear him say "I have in my hands 1 copy of a certian cd you've been waiting for. Have fun" (as he throws it into the crowd) no

Can anyone say riot!   Grin
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 10:48:16 PM »

im hoping he answers these questions

1. why does my missus always leave toe nails in the sink

2. how come every time im late for work i get stuck behind a fucking bus  rant

3. who keeps nicking my fucking sock out of the washer leaving me with about 15 single odd socks  rant

4.when is CD coming out

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

What happened in the 2002 tour, is the answer I'm looking for.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »

He should hand out a 13 song CD demo as we exit the building.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 11:07:41 PM »

What happened in the 2002 tour, is the answer I'm looking for.

His perspective on this should be quite interesting, but I wonder how much he'll talk about this and any other topic we've been craving. ?I hope he brings the same type of positive vibe to the shows that he seems to be feeling right now (based on the fact that he's been out an about more now than I can remember). ?I hope he doesn't blame everyone in the world for why its "taken so long for him to be here tonight", for while there may be obsticles, obviously much of the stalemate has been his own doing. ?Don't want him to dwell on that.  I want it to be about here we are and we're going to be around for awhile now!

I at least want to hear about when he expects CD to drop (give me a season at least), whats up with the band and something hopefully about the first single. ?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:09:25 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 11:11:56 PM »

Technically, this is supposed to be the warm-up to the big jaunt that will be leading up to the release of Chinese Democracy.  I don't see him just doing all these European festivals for the hell of it.  GnR is not at that point yet; Axl doesn't consider it a nostalgia/touring-only beast.  This is supposed to be an active, vital band with new material coming.  So I am super curious to find out (in person, no less) which new songs he will decide to play.  I keep thinking that tt can't just be a repeat of 2002's set list; there'd be no point to that.  Although, really, anything is possible.

Can't wait for the bootlegs. We can only pray for soundboard recordings.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 06:18:01 AM »

Who's in the band?

i think its been said b4 but everyone but bh is in the band. AND NOT FUCKING SLASH!!!!!!!

Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 06:29:54 AM »

Who's in the band?

i think its been said b4 but everyone but bh is in the band. AND NOT FUCKING SLASH!!!!!!!

Most likely, you're right...but at this point; nothing would suprise me.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 06:31:07 AM »

i don't want to hear a chinese democracy release date unless it's in the next 2-3 weeks after the ny shows because that would mean it's really coming out. when a possible release date came around it always got cancelled. maybe the next time we hear about the release date it will be definitive.

about the different things happening in gnr world (leaks, lawsuits...), he will probably make some jokes about it (like the izzy's amps in 2002), i think he's not going on a rant.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 06:57:43 AM »

Whatever the answers, I hope they start to make the band relevant again to more than just the people on these boards.  I'm hoping for a smooth tour, new music, an impending release date, and a wake up call to the general public that, this time, GnR is back for good.  Here's hoping...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 08:47:03 AM »

more than anything, I'd just like to see the reunion talk die down, and when everyone sees the band on stage, they will hopefully have accepted that the old ex-members are gone and aren't coming back and appreciate the band for what it is  ok
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: