Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hunting Accident
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hunting Accident  (Read 4191 times)
Markus Asraelius
« on: April 24, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »

Okay, so this weekend my oldest sister April (who turned 28 on April 15th) told me that my dad took all of her sons hunting. Now, Aaron who is 12 is the only one who was old enough. There was also a 6 and a 3 year old. The 6 year old held a gun, fired and almost shot the 3 year old.

Now, what is your guyses opinion on this?

I mean, I think this is way wrong to even take them hunting let alone let one of them hold a gun.

So, my sister told my dad that if he ever took them hunting again, then he would not be allowed to take them hutning again which I think is appropiate but I don't think she'll keep her word.

I don't know, I'm just ranting here and I'm absolutely furious at him.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 02:28:05 PM »

...a 28 old with a 12 year old son... nervous

anyway...why didn't she stop him for taking them with him in the first place?
I think it's wrong 12year, 3year or 55 year old.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »

I don't think any 6 or 3 year old should be around guns.  I think in most states it is 12 years old to hunt. I'm not sure how the law is if they have to be with some one over 18 but I'm pretty sure they have to.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 02:36:16 PM »

Hunting or not is way irresponsible to let a kid handle a gun, keep those things away from kids, thank God nothing worst happen, you are ok on being Mad at him  rant

No man can be my equal
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 02:36:26 PM »

My oppinion is - Only in America!

Seriously though, I think 12 years old is way way too young to be firing guns and a 6 year old is just unbelievable. If that happenned here it would make front page news and rightly so.

Also:
my sister told my dad that if he ever took them hunting again, then he would not be allowed to take them hutning again

is not really any form or punishment or theat.

I'm with you, I think they shouldn't have even gone hunting, nevermind fired a gun, and to bring a 6 and 3 year old into this environt is insane.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »

She didn't know that they went. She knew that the 12 year old goes sometimes but she didn't know that they went with her two younger sons.

As for the fact that my sister is only 28, people here to need to mind their own business. That's not what this thread is about.

On a sidenote, my sister doesn't like it that he even takes her 12 year old.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 02:53:53 PM »

IMO 12 is about right for learning how to handle a rifle.... can teach aptience and skill , and if they are good it comes to a competion sence that this is something that m good at.... I was 12 when I first fired a weapon..... granted it was not hunting... it was on a controled range with cadets. The range was controled and operated for the Military, so its even more of a different mind set, Do i own a gun now... nope.... some of the mystery or most of the mystery behind fire arms is gone.

If a child can be shown the proper way to handle a weapon it tends to lead to a greater respect with them.

same can be true with drugs and alochol.... take away the mystery and what is left?

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 03:05:26 PM »

Okay, so this weekend my oldest sister April (who turned 28 on April 15th) told me that my dad took all of her sons hunting. Now, Aaron who is 12 is the only one who was old enough. There was also a 6 and a 3 year old. The 6 year old held a gun, fired and almost shot the 3 year old.

I don't think it's a good idea to take kids that young hunting. They shouldn't be exposed to guns and killing at that stage of life. It may confuse them, because they don't understand the fundamentals of survival and the concept of killing for food.

Also, there's too much room for error/accidents with guns. So children shouldn't be in that kind of environment.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:07:43 PM by journey » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 03:57:25 PM »

How in the hell did a six year old get a hold of the gun??!!!??
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 04:17:59 PM »

I don't think it's a good idea to take kids that young hunting. They shouldn't be exposed to guns and killing at that stage of life. It may confuse them, because they don't understand the fundamentals of survival and the concept of killing for food.

Also, there's too much room for error/accidents with guns. So children shouldn't be in that kind of environment.

you are totally right. children at really young ages don't have tha capacity to distinguish right from wrong. they don't really realise that they are doing a wrong thing. we have all the movies with people shooting each other and all the violence around so they try to do what they see others do. they don't think it's wrong because they saw others do it.
and to take your children hunting at 12 or 6 or 3 it's just stupid. not being disrespectful but... it's stupid

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »

How in the hell did a six year old get a hold of the gun??!!!??

Not sure. But, I'm guessing that my dad allowed him to shoot it.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 07:16:53 PM »

I don't think it's the worse thing ever.? ?When I was 8 years old, I went to the gun club that my parents were members of and I learned how to shoot all types of guns.? I won several awards there too.? By the time I was 10, I could take the guns apart and clean them etc...? I have no fear of guns.? I think the problems start because people hide things from kids now so when they do get to see them, they are curious and know nothing about them so accidents happen.? Then again, I'm older than most of you and people weren't nearly as paranoid when I was growing up as they are now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:57:20 PM by Cornell » Logged

Why don't you just....
Sterlingdog
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 08:28:12 PM »

My opinion is that she is the mother and should be in charge.  That she "doesn't like" him to take even the 12 year old hunting is irrelevant.  If she doesn't like it she needs to put her foot down and not allow it to happen.  She's 28, not a child who has to listen to her daddy. 

If I were you, I would probably report the incident to CPS.  Your responsibility is to those kids and their safety.   Now I wouldn't blame you if you did nothing this time, since your sister told him not to do it again.  But if he does, someone needs to report it and put a stop to it. 

How will you feel if you do nothing, and next time one of the kids does get hurt or even killed? 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 11:08:44 PM »

A kid got killed in an accident similar to this in the valley when I lived there. I can't remember the details, but the father was found guilty in court and was going to prison for it. Before begining his sentence he drove up the canyon and killed himself.
alexh0618
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 12:24:42 AM »

I think it is wrong to be able to fire a gun when you are 12. I mean c'mon, when the kid shoots it, the kick from the rifle probly pushes a him back like 5 ft. What an awesome country I live in!  hihi
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 03:44:41 AM »

as much as we hate guns, you guys have to admit that it gives you a helluva pysched feeling to hold a gun and shoot it ....

but yeah, hunting's bad and all that jazz.

but yeah, adults or kids, lets keep away from da gunz.

Goldie
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 05:46:14 AM »

I am opposed of hunting at any age. However, I feel a bit better about it if the hunter actually eats the meat it killed. 12 years old is old enough to learn to hunt, but not actually hunt and the other two WAY too young to even be out in the woods with guns. My stepfather has been showing my daughter his hunting guns to educate her and he plans next year to have her watch him shoot them on thier property at targets for more education, but there would be no way in hell I'd let her go actually hunting.
BTW~ Better not let the Prez find out about those kids. They'll be in Iraq so fast!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 08:10:31 AM »

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 08:38:28 AM »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of children hunting under the age of 12.  Especially if they're going to be shooting a gun.  It's just not safe.  By the time a kid is 12 years old, he or she is more aware of the consequences of his or her actions.  Before anyone can shoot a gun, regardless of age, he or she must learn to respect the gun and learn the responsibilities that go along with using one.  Using a gun should be seen as a privilege, and with privilege comes responsibility.  A six year old child just does not understand this concept and therefore should not be expected to know how to use a gun responsibly.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 09:34:24 AM »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of children hunting under the age of 12.  Especially if they're going to be shooting a gun.  It's just not safe.  By the time a kid is 12 years old, he or she is more aware of the consequences of his or her actions.  Before anyone can shoot a gun, regardless of age, he or she must learn to respect the gun and learn the responsibilities that go along with using one.  Using a gun should be seen as a privilege, and with privilege comes responsibility.  A six year old child just does not understand this concept and therefore should not be expected to know how to use a gun responsibly.

do you know realize what this number is about .. T W E L V E
at twelve you play nintendo.
By the time a kid is 12 years old, he or she is more aware of the consequences of his or her actions ... we're talking about guns rigth ?
by the time he's 12, a kid will understand that he can kill someone with a gun ?
does he understand death at 12 ?

12. at 12, you shoot imps and hell baron in doom 3, you put a gun in my hand at 12 i go on killing spree ... same at 18 .... Smiley

puh-lease.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: