Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:23:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  help with Brain's work
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help with Brain's work  (Read 1518 times)
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: April 24, 2006, 06:57:43 AM »

I've been trying to know more about him (it seams him n Axl are the only ones don't have their one site) anyways i dont know primus or praxis very well, i didn't like BH solo works all that much, and don't think Brain's work really shine in there, so need help please, give me songs ou live shows were you think  Mantia is at his best outside GNR.
I did a serch on the board but beasides is he in or out of the band, is he just in for the money, i didn't find all that much.

I tried with a sort of a boyfriend of a friend who is a primus fan, doesn't like Brain at all, "Primus best work was done without that Motherf***, no soul bla bla, forget about him" and then he just went on bashing new GNR n Axl, of witch the guy knew nothing about and ...well my husband had to drag me home Grin.
Any Primus fan's in here and do you agree?

88 Days
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 07:05:36 AM »

i don't know where you can find his work except on buckethead's albums and with praxis, but this thread contains some interesting links where you can witness his awesome drumming, check them all out there's like 3 videos: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=13899.0

hope that helps Smiley

and i'm sure we will watch brain really shine in the future, on tour and when CD finally drops! peace
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 07:19:24 AM »

I've seen thouse, wanted more but thanks anyway, very good to see it again.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:43:45 AM »

Im a Primus fan, and Im a huge fan of the work Brain did with them!
check out song like: Electric Uncle Sam, Laquer head, The Antipop, Greet The Sacred Cow, Mama Didn't Raise No Fool, Dirty Drowning Man, Camelback Cinema, Power Mad.

now you might not like the songs, cos they can be rather bizarre Grin but you wanted to hear his drumming, and he does a very great job on all these tracks! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 04:20:50 PM »

great, thanks Hillel i'm going to get them
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 04:22:27 PM »

check out Antipop...its a really good album....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 04:25:46 PM »

go on a buckethead board and download the out of print Giant Robot NT album...not to be confused with the commercially available Giant Robot album, which had nameless studio musicians ans shitty production..Brain really shines here.
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 08:40:03 PM »

I gotta say, the two albums Brain did with Primus might be their weakest.  And it's not even Brain's fault really, he plays well (not as good as Herb, but then again Herb was one of the best drummers in modern rock).  Antipop is still a pretty good album, but their best albums are Frizzle Fry and Pork Soda.

The Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains album blows both Antipop and The Brown Album out of the water
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »

Oh I forgot, I guess it was 3 albums.  I'm not counting Rhinoplasty though, because that was mostly covers.  It's good too, but not essential
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 09:01:14 PM »

Here's a little something. I love this dude.

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/Brianmantiagogobeat.html

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 08:54:09 AM »

I gotta say, the two albums Brain did with Primus might be their weakest.  And it's not even Brain's fault really, he plays well (not as good as Herb, but then again Herb was one of the best drummers in modern rock).  Antipop is still a pretty good album, but their best albums are Frizzle Fry and Pork Soda.

The Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains album blows both Antipop and The Brown Album out of the water

Pork Soda? my least favourite original studio album. best albums are Frizzle Fry, Sailing the Seas Of Cheese and Antipop.
Brain and Herb are completely different drummers so it's imporrible to compare them, they are both magnificent in the way they each play.
I also think Antipop (Brown Album too) is much better than CCBBB, was a bit disappointed by that album.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: