Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gnr scam show
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gnr scam show  (Read 2501 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: April 24, 2006, 12:40:12 AM »

from www.classicmetalshow.com

Despite published reports to the contrary, GUNS N' ROSES will **NOT** be performing at the 307 Jazz & Blues Club in Lafayette, Louisiana on May 26.

According to The Daily Advertiser, the managers of the 307 venue ? who allegedly sent in a deposit for the May 26 gig last Friday ? were contacted by Axl Rose's booking and management company this past weekend, asking why they were disseminating false information.

"We both came to the conclusion that it (the booking) was fraudulent," Chad Fouquier, 307's entertainment coordinator, told The Daily Advertiser.

The representative said it was the victim in a scam in which a booker not affiliated with Rose signed them up for a show and tried to take their money. The fact is, Axl Rose will not make a Lafayette stop.

The venue's management chalks up their naivet? to the high they were on after being contacted by big names following their April 1 DR. JOHN show and hearing about a promotional tour Rose was planning to repair his image.

To secure the performance, 307 had to send in a deposit. Fouquier is hesitant to give names but said the money went to a Chicago-based company. While Fouquier called it a significant amount, he would not divulge the actual dollar amount. However, 307 lucked out by sending it on Friday.

"The good news is they might have gotten a little sloppy when they had us deliver the deposit on Good Friday," Fouquier said. "(It) hasn't been cashed, and we stopped payment on it. We ended up walking away scott-free on the whole deal."

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Bono
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:46:50 AM »

That's crazy.  But it does make me think Axl should tour small clubs doing acoustic shows only. A low lit room with Axl strumming on guitar and softly singing the songs. hihi then again maybe not
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 02:50:32 AM »

I'm sooo surprised it didn't turned out real  hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 04:24:49 AM »

didn't we have a bullshit show like this a year or so ago when some guy claimed his bar in georgia or something was going to have them there hihi
Origen
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 05:16:20 AM »

didn't we have a bullshit show like this a year or so ago when some guy claimed his bar in georgia or something was going to have them there hihi

Yeah we did, and Izzy was ment to get on stage with him  hihi
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 08:28:50 AM »

best one was the fake tour in croatio or what ever country ... with the posters and the scammers selling tickets on the streets

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 08:33:08 AM »

best one was the fake tour in croatio or what ever country ... with the posters and the scammers selling tickets on the streets

I thought it was in budapest  hihi

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 08:41:12 AM »

I thought it was in budapest? hihi

Budapest is the capital of Hungary and has nothing to do with Georgia or Croatia or France etc.

Anyway, CITR was right about the venue.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 08:52:04 AM »

I thought it was in budapest? hihi

Yea the Budapest incident was a few years ago.  People went to jail over that one.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 10:10:38 AM »

Didn't the bar owner from Georgia provide the name and address of the booking agent he sent money too? Wasn't it a Chicago based company (this whole thing sounds very familiar)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 10:44:06 AM »

Didn't the bar owner from Georgia provide the name and address of the booking agent he sent money too? Wasn't it a Chicago based company (this whole thing sounds very familiar)

Funny, I think I remember it the same way...but I'm not sure.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »

whew...I saw the title and got really scared, thought it was one of the NY shows.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 11:00:56 AM »

All three telephone numbers listed on the contract for Bryant Entertainment were out of service. A fourth number, which Grim said he used to reach Bryant on Thursday night, had a recording saying the subscriber was no longer receiving calls. The contract listed the company's offices at addresses in Winter Park, Fla., and Chicago Ridge, Ill. But cross-checking these addresses found the Florida address to be home to a chemical company and the one in Chicago a private residence.

April 26th, 2005
Ga. Fans Disappointed by Axl's No-Show

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 12:02:41 PM »

What's the old saying? 'Never give a sucker an even break'

Seems there are a few small club owners who are big time suckers. ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Continental Drift
VIP