Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New songs on the tour?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs on the tour?  (Read 13934 times)
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2006, 10:22:59 PM »

They played Rhiad once i think in Detroit?   I could be wrong on the location though

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2006, 10:24:32 PM »

They played OMG at RIR and it was way better than on the soundtrack.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2006, 10:29:09 PM »

To do the '02 set list would be LAME!!!
They need some new songs.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »

I think one thing that we can all agree on is that the set list that the band plays at these shows will be a huge indicator of what's going on with the release of Chinese Democracy. If we get a ton of new songs we have never heard before, then it is fairly safe to say that Chinese Democracy is coming "soon" because if we hear 5 or more new songs we will have heard pretty much the entire album and I'm sure Axl would only do that if the release was coming up in the near future.

If on the other hand we only hear 1 new song we've never heard before it could still mean that the album is coming out soon and Axl doesn't want to give away too much, but it would more likely mean that the album is still not done and while Axl hopes to get it out in the near future he has doubts about being able to do it based on past delays.

I just hope Axl comes out at the show and gives a firm release date for the album so that we don't have to sit here after the concerts and debate about meaning of the set list.

But if I had to pick the set list, I would have them play 2 songs we've never heard + all the leaked tracks + CD, The Blues and Madagascar + the must play songs like Jungle, SCOM, PC, NR + a few songs from the illusion albums that they didn't play during the 2002 tour.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2006, 10:32:03 PM »

Imagine if they did that..

Give ashow or two with all new. One or two of the NY shows. They are warmup shows, so even better.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2006, 10:40:46 PM »

I'd imagine we'll get The Blues and Better, plus a couple we haven't heard yet. We won't be hearing OMG, Rhiad, or Silkworms, I'm 99% certain. And There Was a Time, as much as I love it, doesn't strike me as a track that would work very well live.

But that's just me.

TWAT instead of Nov. Rain would be ok with me.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2006, 10:43:15 PM »

Imagine if they did that..

Give ashow or two with all new. One or two of the NY shows. They are warmup shows, so even better.

Theoretically, an all new song show would be cool, but I bet the audience  wants to hear some  golden oldies too. So I think they would get "impatient." Especially if some  of the new songs were not that great.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2006, 10:43:23 PM »

Remember that GN'R played a lot of new material in the summer before UYI came out. ?I predict they will do the same here. ?I really don't think he wants to do 2002 v2 this time around. ?Its a great opportunity to preview some of the material and we will likely hear at least Maddy, Blues, TWAT and Better plus I'd say another 2 songs we haven't heard at all. ?As they play more dates into the european tour, I'm guessing they'll play a set will include more new material then we might hear at any one particular show in NY.

I personally would like to see a show that includes approx. 6 songs from (hopefully the soon to be released) CD, 6 songs from AFD, 6 songs from UYI and Patience. ?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2006, 10:48:23 PM »

Remember that GN'R played a lot of new material in the summer before UYI came out. ?I predict they will do the same here. ?I really don't think he wants to do 2002 v2 this time around. ?Its a great opportunity to preview some of the material and we will likely hear at least Maddy, Blues, TWAT and Better plus I'd say another 2 songs we haven't heard at all. ?As they play more dates into the european tour, I'm guessing they'll play a set will include more new material then we might hear at any one particular show in NY.

I personally would like to see a show that includes approx. 6 songs from (hopefully the soon to be released) CD, 6 songs from AFD, 6 songs from UYI and Patience. ?

I don't think we can base any set list predictions off of what happened during the pre-illusions tour since the world is a very different place now and the internet has made the spreading of bootlegs so much easier. However, I do agree that we might see more and more new songs added to the set list as the tour goes on and the release of Chinese Democracy gets closer, so there might only be 1 or 2 new songs at the new york shows, but more at dates later in the summer.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »

Yeah, I once did a count, now I don't remember, but I think that in summer '91 it was like 60-70% new songs.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »

I don't think we can base any set list predictions off of what happened during the pre-illusions tour since the world is a very different place now and the internet has made the spreading of bootlegs so much easier. However, I do agree that we might see more and more new songs added to the set list as the tour goes on and the release of Chinese Democracy gets closer, so there might only be 1 or 2 new songs at the new york shows, but more at dates later in the summer.

I can't imagine that anyone would not buy CD because they have some bootleg versions of some of the songs from these concerts. ?These shows are a great promotional tool for the band to showcase the new material and get media and thus the general population hyped up about the release. ?I could understand that if the entire album in its finished format was leaked that there would be people that wouldn't go out and spend the money. ?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2006, 11:08:56 PM »

Although I admit hearing "Better" would be interesting, I would rather/love to hear There Was A Time live.  Cue the epic guitars! 

Catcher in the Rye would be a great moment for Axl to sit down at the piano and play a few.  Perhaps as a nice lead-in to November Rain or even (dare I hope?) Breakdown.

I'm really curious to see/hear how many UYI tracks are played (not counting the covers of Live & Let Die or KOHD). 
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2006, 09:23:40 AM »

If I could hear any new song played on this tour it was be TWAT. In fact, not only is that the one song I would love to hear live, but it would be 100x more awesome if they extended it....make the song 9 minutes with a huge solo in the middle. IRS would be great to hear live as well.

Now here's a question for the ages though...what do you think Axl will do if he sees fans in the audience singing the new songs? Will he accept the fact that against his wishes, tracks here leaked and listened to, or will he blow a fuse, throw down a mic, and get pissed?  Huh

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2006, 03:29:08 PM »

They played Rhiad once i think in Detroit?? ?I could be wrong on the location though

You are right.  ok I think the only new songs we are going to hear are, 

Oh My God
Better
The Blues
Madagascar
Silk Worms
Chinese Democracy
I.R.S.
Riyadh And The Bedouins
There Was A Time
Catcher In The Rye

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »

I'm anticipating 2-3 songs we have not heard...If these shows are indeed a "showcase for CD", as they are being billed, I think the show should reflect that...We already had the '02 tour to re-visit the past...Play a sprinkling of old hits, some UYI material that was not played previously, and new tracks...Let's finally allow this band to stand on the merit of their own work.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2006, 04:59:49 PM »

They played Rhiad once i think in Detroit?   I could be wrong on the location though

You are right. ok I think the only new songs we are going to hear are,

Oh My God
Better
The Blues
Madagascar
Silk Worms
Chinese Democracy
I.R.S.
Riyadh And The Bedouins
There Was A Time
Catcher In The Rye

Well, isn't there a longshot that they are recording a video for the first single?  In that case, they could play any of those songs (which would be cool, because the final versions of the leaks will be heard) and also one brand new one, which would be the first single.

4 back-to-back nights at the same venue (which has a good look), it could be for getting live concert footage of the band to splice into a new video?
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2006, 05:05:43 PM »

If I could hear any new song played on this tour it was be TWAT. In fact, not only is that the one song I would love to hear live, but it would be 100x more awesome if they extended it....make the song 9 minutes with a huge solo in the middle. IRS would be great to hear live as well.

Now here's a question for the ages though...what do you think Axl will do if he sees fans in the audience singing the new songs? Will he accept the fact that against his wishes, tracks here leaked and listened to, or will he blow a fuse, throw down a mic, and get pissed?? Huh

I wondered this myself, I think it'll be quite interesting particularly at the NY shows full of GNR board members who will almost all have heard the leaks and who played a major part in the spread of the songs. I think it's almost a certainty he'll mention the leaks at these shows, whether he's going to be annoyed about it or joke about it who knows?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2006, 05:12:50 PM »

I wondered this myself, I think it'll be quite interesting particularly at the NY shows full of GNR board members who will almost all have heard the leaks and who played a major part in the spread of the songs. I think it's almost a certainty he'll mention the leaks at these shows, whether he's going to be annoyed about it or joke about it who knows?

I think he'll at least mention it too, and I hope he'll crack a joke about it. Because I plan on singing at the top of my lungs, old songs and new Cool

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »

i hope they play more songs from chinese democracy then we already heard  ok

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2006, 08:43:48 AM »

Dude, there is a huge difference between playing a few new songs (they got it spot on in Rio and the rest of the tour) and playing an entire show of new material.

Anybody that is downloading the bootlegs, letting the songs grow on them, is probably going to already be planning on buying the album anyway.

A whole show? No.

But playing the whole album, straight through, bookended by the classics?  I could get into that.

Hell, Green Day did it with American Idiot and it worked.  Crowds went nuts....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: