Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Thank you Axl/Band/Merck/Management
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you Axl/Band/Merck/Management  (Read 7643 times)
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 03:51:55 PM »

Thanks Merck, Axl, Mysteron and whoever was in this thing. ?Makes it all worth while

Kyle

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 03:52:29 PM »

Thank you Gun N' Roses and Management!! Today's presale worked PERFECTLY! ?

Your the best!!! ?The waiting has been worth it! ?love ?love

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 03:54:48 PM »

Thank you to everyone involved...this really worked out great!  I can't wait for the shows!  I'll see you at all 4!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 03:56:54 PM »

Just to add my voice to the chorus, I cannot thank everyone enough who was involved in the presale.? I got my floor tickets for the 12th, and couldn't be happier.? After being shut out yesterday, I was more than a little bitter at missing out on what-I'm-sure-will-be a killer run of shows, and it's just amazing that Jarmo, Mysteron, management, etc. co-ordinated this second group of shows and pulled the whole thing off so well.

And thank you to everyone who was talking to me about tickets to the first two shows prior to the second pre-sale today.? It's great to know that people on this board - arguments and occasional insults aside - step up and help one another out like this when it really counts.? *That's* what being a fan is about, and it's greatly appreciated.

See you on the 12th!

(I just posted this in another thread, but thought it was worth repeating, as this one was slightly more on-topic)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:13:03 AM by bazgnr » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 03:57:23 PM »

Thank you to everyone involved...this really worked out great!? I can't wait for the shows!? I'll see you at all 4!

you lucky SOB.
I wont:( till may 31st.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
moondance_1
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

Thanx to all involved in the pre-pre-sale and all your hard work and headaches with details,and stuff. Can't wait to see the shows! Hugs,moondance_1  smoking

Frankly,My Dear...........
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 04:08:51 PM »

Thanks to everyone in the GNR camp that made this happen peace beer

DOUBLETALKINGJIVE Kiss

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Cousin It
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A big thanks to those responsible for making this happen. What an awesome gesture by the band and its management. The fact of the matter is they could have made a pretty penny with the information that they provided us for free, as many bands charge a fee for access to their presales. ?beer

6/11/91, 12/16/91, 07/17/92, 11/22/02, 05/14/06, 05/15/06, 11/13/06, 11/20/11, 11/26/11, 2/23/12, 5/13/14, 7/12/16, 7/14/16, 8/13/17, & 7/31/21
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 04:10:51 PM »

Just to add my voice to the chorus, I cannot thank everyone enough who was involved in the presale.  I got my floor tickets for the 12th, and couldn't be happier.  After being shut out yesterday, I was more than a little bitter at missing out on what-I'm-sure-will-be a killer run of shows, and it's just amazing that Jarmo, management, etc. co-ordinated this second group of shows and pulled the whole thing off so well.

And thank you to everyone who was talking to me about tickets to the first two shows prior to the second pre-sale today.  It's great to know that people on this board - arguments and occasional insults aside - step up and help one another out like this when it really counts.  *That's* what being a fan is about, and it's greatly appreciated.

See you on the 12th!

(I just posted this in another thread, but thought it was worth repeating, as this one was slightly more on-topic)

I'll second every word of that. Nice job.

I'm not a sentimental guy usually but I say in all honesty the gesture (presale orchestrated to allow all the long time "sufferers" first crack at tix) is acknowleged and highly appreciated by myself and I am sure many others here.

See ya on the 12th!

Greetings from Tampa,

Mick

Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 04:19:39 PM »

Thanks to everyone involved in the pre-sale! I was very depressed yesterday after not getting tickets for the 15th  no

But after the new shows were scheduled i had hope again, and this morning I was in the best mood ever after getting tickets, and I was even more happy after seeing my fellow gunners get the tickets and not those fuckin' scalpers. Thanks everyone, and see you at the concert.  beer
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 04:26:50 PM »

Cheers beer

Thanks for working hard to get tickets into the hands of dedicated fans! I've got tickets for all four shows... can't wait!

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »

thanks axl for finally touring Kiss
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »

Thanks.  I am not able to go to any of the shows.  But, thanks for getting back out there.  We all miss great music. 
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 04:36:36 PM »

Hats off to GN'R + Management  ok
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 04:37:31 PM »

Thanx Axl!

- Jae
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 04:42:23 PM »

Thank you indeed.  Their efforts in ensuring that tickets went to the die-hards were unprecedented. 

May 12th can't come soon enough...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 04:43:54 PM »

thanks again to the band, mgmt, and the people who helped make this happen... i wrote this the other day but ill throw it in here again cause im really pumped for these shows.....

These two shows are shaping up to be the two of the most special and symbolic nights in GNR history imo. Look at the reaction by us the fans towards the band and each other. It's amazing to me. People will be flying from all over to witness these two amazing and intimate nights. GNR in a club!, in NEW YORK CITY! Honestly there isn't much more that can get better than that in regards to this band.

These 2 nights will be the launch of hopefully a full fledged comeback of one of the greatest bands in the world. These 2 nights will hopefully be the genesis of the Chinese Democracy era. These 2 nights will probably contain the most die hard of die hard fans all in one location supporting their favorite band ever at a GNR concert.

And to me that is probably the coolest thing about these 2 shows. If we all get our way, a good part of the GNR community will all be in attendance to see these 2 shows. The people who have been on these boards for years now supporting, hating and challenging this band and Axl will have the chance to "let it all out" before our little hobby, our little obsession, our "little" band goes off again. 

But hopefully going off for good now. Kind of like their going off into the mainstream now.  Of course GNr are huge. But in reality out of all those millions that are fans of the band, great fans of the band, we are kind of a notch above that in a way. We are indeed that "support group".

I dont want to sound gay or exaggerate here but we as a community have experienced a lot with this band. A lot of ups and downs. Most of it created by our own but also by Axl as well. We as a community have gone back and forth with each other over a million debates regarding everything to do with this band. From pointless to relevant and  informative discussions and topics. We all know how comical and heated it can get in these threads and forums. We all have our moments and differences with each other yet we are all willing to help each other out. We are all willing to just distribute amongst ourselves. To me that shows how special this night means to everyone. The way in which GNr and mgmt are handling this {with a presale} tells me they understand as well. Everything seems to be making sense now. Something that doesn't happen often in our community with this band. As a result of all of this, it just make these 2 nights seem magical.

Most of all...we the fans and the band all seem on the SAME PAGE. Everything seems to be  clicking.

But to wrap it up....we as a community will all hopefully be in attendance these 2 evenings. We will all TOGETHER share the same experience. It wont be like the last tour where only a handful of each of us were at different shows. We will all be there together. We will all sing along to the leaked songs and have none look at us strange.

We will all be there supporting the band we love jump starting them with an energy that hopefully no other GNR crowd or rock n roll crowd has yet given.

Something that cant be explained. An energy that only us the die hards, us the support group can give out and understand. All that joy,anticipation,frustration,patience,excitement,dissapoint,etc can all just be unleashed at that stage.

Other than seeing Chinese Democracy be considered one of the greatest albums ever {when its all said and done} these 2 nights are shaping up to be the pinnacle for the GNR community. I have been thinking about these shows non stop. I cant wait to wait online all day and meet everyone and just talk gnr in person instead of thru a dam computer. I can wait to be there up close in an intimate setting to watch the band. I can wait to go thru the gate. I cant wait for 9 o'clock to roll around and then hear rumblings of Axl not showing up. I cant wait to watch the lights go dim. I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE OPENING NOTES TO JUNGLE and the crowd going ballistic. I then cant wait for the unexpected, the rants, the performance...etc. u get the point...its gonna be amazing. It truly will be.

And for me atleast it will only be this "amazing" because of all of you. So THANK YOU!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 04:44:47 PM »

Thank you all very much. ?I love being a gnr fan! ?You guys are all cool in my book! ?can't wait for the 14th!

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 04:47:23 PM »

Thanks Axl! Merck! management! Everything.

When, you come back from europe, please tour the western portion of the u.s.
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

thanks a lot GNR/management!! you guys rock!!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: