Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Losing my respect for VR.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Losing my respect for VR.  (Read 24975 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »

Axl can totally convert his look to Hip Hop, can have rumoured to have Shaquille O Neil rap on the album and Axl can go into a bar and request just one song and that is 50 cent - In Da Club, everyone is cool with that.

But when VR anounce they're having pharrell williams as ONE OF MANY producers who's going to contribute, people start losing respect for VR then?

That just isn't fair.
You cant be serious can you? WHo exactely is cool with all that? Some fans on a gnr board? Axl, his look, his alleged directions, his band, etc have been bashed for the past 6 yrs. WHats unfair now bitch? Whats unfair is that for the most part unless the album is mindblowing people will bash for the simple reason the tophat isnt playing on it. WHats unfair now? The fact that Shaq simply just came in and jammed with the band for FUN gets misconstrued as him being on the album.

Axl may like hip hop, techno, etc but his roots are rock.   And as evident in the new songs he sticks with the rock but does it in away that makes it sound modern and has multiple influences. And most of all...it works!
When was the last time you think Slash and or Duff sat down by themselves all alone and listened to a rap album because they wanted to for their own craving? Probably never.

the reason people are calling out Vr is simply because they talked abut being this straight ahead in ur face down and dirty senior citizen rock band. So now when they announce they are changing their direction and philosophy people raise an eyebrow...

me personally i could careless if they use pharrel. If its good its good. But all I know is that if Axl annouced that hes using a rap star to help with his album, all you tophat disciples would be bashing the fuck out of him...and you know thats true. Hip hop braid wearing wigga wanna be starts now!....i can see it all....but thats ok because when all is said and done your all gonan find out for yourselves that Axl will deliver the best ROCK album in quite sometime. In your face, old school,modern,new school rock....with a little bit of everything. and best of all without talking...just walking the walk..

but hey atleast slash...and now vr are active ok
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:15:42 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2006, 12:25:37 PM »

^^dude, axl's been threatening us with this album for the last 6 years.  just like with VR, i'll reserve jusdgement on the final product until I hear it.  If, that is, I ever hear it ok

But I am going to see one of NYC shows, so hopefully he plays some new stuff.....from what I've heard of GnR's new stuff, a few songs are great, some of it I would skip over if it was on a CD
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2006, 01:21:09 PM »

Here we go again..

Old vs. new, Axl vs. Slash.

Moved or locked, take your pick.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

This is different.

Shaq wasnt contacted to collaborate with Axl.

Shaq is a fan, Axl is a fan of Shaq's, Shaq was in the same studio and stopped by and was just fuckin around. It was never a serious collaboration.

But When VR go and get the flavor of the month to try and produce a hit they start falling into the WANNABE category and not the so called "dangerous rock band" they proclaimed to be.

Pharrell sucks and is a poser and this makes me sick.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
88 Days
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »

This is different.

Shaq is a fan, Axl is a fan of Shaq's, Shaq was in the same studio and stopped by and was just fuckin around. It was never a serious collaboration.

But When VR go and get the flavor of the month to try and produce a hit they start falling into the WANNABE category and not the so called "dangerous rock band" they proclaimed to be.

amen!!! my feelings excactly! well put.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2006, 10:54:23 PM »

Devils advocate would say this is no different than Axl reaching out to Moby when Moby was "the flavor of the month"..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2006, 05:31:23 AM »

Devils advocate would say this is no different than Axl reaching out to Moby when Moby was "the flavor of the month"..

what month was this?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2006, 10:17:16 AM »

what month was this?

Whatever month Axl sought him out. : Roll Eyes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2006, 08:20:49 PM »

This is different.

Being they have been in the business for so long and slash has worked with people like michael jackson and now lenny kravitz aboard too how do you know they aren't friends too..? Wether you like the people or not it is possible with clive davis and all that these guys do know eachother or with slash's ways of being with people who aren't just rock.. How do we know pharell isn't a fan of any of them?  No one can even say what is going to happen
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »

seeing duff and scott( who i like less and less all the time) on that Country show really rubbed me the wrong way......

Here Today...
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2006, 02:16:27 PM »

seeing duff and scott( who i like less and less all the time) on that Country show really rubbed me the wrong way......

why? lol, i thought they were great!

I smoke my cigarette with style
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2006, 03:45:04 PM »

it was just so not rock n roll....

i mean come on..... you know its true
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this, these guys do have other interests in life.. I love rock but I do like other avenues of music
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2006, 03:43:25 PM »

Think about Aerosmith and the re-make of Walk this Way with the rappers (forgot their name). That worked well and spurred Aerosmith's comeback. Not that VR needs a comeback, but the point is that cross-fertilization of music styles can work and be successful.
makane
Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2006, 04:16:59 PM »

Think about Aerosmith and the re-make of Walk this Way with the rappers (forgot their name). That worked well and spurred Aerosmith's comeback. Not that VR needs a comeback, but the point is that cross-fertilization of music styles can work and be successful.
I've always hated Aerosmith for that, they do everything to be succesful, whatever they have to do for it. Whatever happened to making good music, sell or not? Yeah, with VR too, it can be succesful, but what about the "real fans" who are in it for the music(not the ones who speak to cellphone while "listening" to music)?
Too many bands nowdays goes on just for the succes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 04:18:44 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2006, 07:10:20 AM »

yet gnr was the most commercial radio friendly band in the world... Pharell williams gets work because he is talented, you don't get work because you suck.. I think people have no idea what they are talking about, talk after you hear it..

i don`t like how you`re calling gnr commercial radio friendly...

mtv didn`t want to play gnr in the beginning and they didn`t really have any radio friendly songs except for scom and don`t cry i think....

and well...  i like the fact that VR is going  in another direction with their new record (if it actually comes out....). i was seriously dissapointed with contraband and i hope they`ll do better this time around. 

however, i guess they`ll dissapoint me this time again Undecided

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2006, 10:25:18 AM »

I'd advise Slash to bury the hatchet with Axl, and Start Gn'R up again.

IIT WILL NEVER HAPPEN FUCK SLASH!!! The new band is better then the old finck and richard are fucking awesome together and tommy is the best bass player ive seen in a long time. This just shows that axl made slash!  Slash sucks with out him and cant write shit with out axl by his side. While axl is selling out shows and everyone is talking about him, thelatest news on slash he filed for a divorce.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2006, 10:43:02 AM »

In that Opie and Anthony INterview Duff talks about going back to the roots of Rock and Roll....and trying to get some early Stones type of writing goin' on....I dunno I love Slash, Duff, Scott....Matt to a lesser extent and Dave's past a cheivemnts are pretty impressive too.....I'll never lose respect for these guys...but maybe we should wait to hear the material before judging ok

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »

In that Opie and Anthony INterview Duff talks about going back to the roots of Rock and Roll....and trying to get some early Stones type of writing goin' on....I dunno I love Slash, Duff, Scott....Matt to a lesser extent and Dave's past a cheivemnts are pretty impressive too.....I'll never lose respect for these guys...but maybe we should wait to hear the material before judging ok

the thing is ..... i heard contraband...

i`m a really open minded guy when it comes to music, so i`ll give them another chance ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2006, 11:49:36 AM »

I liked VR's 1st album on some things. It was a good album but my dislike for thier decision making is causing me to grow away from them. I can't understand how Slash would want a more dance feeling in the songs . I know he's jammed with Micheal Jackson and others , but it just feels wrong for this band.

Its like VR's selling out faster than we can speak. Wieland and McKagen are on Nashville Star ? What the fuck ? My mom watches that show and seeing them there made me grit my teeth.

I'll play the new album at F.Y.E but I'm not expecting much sad to say.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: