Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:27:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Losing my respect for VR.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Losing my respect for VR.  (Read 25016 times)
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 12:50:16 AM »

i ask myself nowadays, if slash and duff were eventually going to go in another direction, then why the fuck didn?t the stayed by axl?s side, they would have made some madonna kinda like albums, some pop crap and they would have surely gone back to hard rocking after some failures, but they would be together........

so now, where are the musical differences??? Huh

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 12:57:11 AM »

ever heard of kiss my ass?

Ever heard of chill out?

You should have.

But you are flat out fucking stupid here.

Chill out.

Do you know what I do for a living dipshit?

See above.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RichardNixon
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 01:39:12 AM »

Great bands don't need to get gimmick producers to make something special or create a sound.? Pharrell to me sounds like a gimmick producer who is hot at the moment.? God forbid they use someone proven like Mike Clink.? I guess my point is, since when does Duff and Matt have to get a hip hop guy to develop a groove?? Maybe Adler is who they should get on drums.? He didn't seem to have a problem on Appetite with the Groove.? The name of this album should be "How VR got their Groove Back."

Use Mike Clint, you mean like Motley Crue did with "New Tattoo"? Which is probably what some people here want to hear.

Richard, I don't know a Mike Clint, just Mike Clink.? Duff and Matt tend to build shit up more then what it actually is.? Question is, will VR still be a hard rock band, or is this going to be their "Get a Grip,' album.

By "Get a Grip" you mean VR will go for the cookie-cutter singles and candy-ass baleds? Good lord, let's hope not. But I don't think that will be the case. I think it will be an awesome album. I hope it comes out this year.
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 02:03:37 AM »

so he goes hip-hop. hes like a ferrari without a driver.

all this does is reaffirm my belief he is nothing without axl.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 02:04:46 AM »

it's funny that you say that and have slash as your avatar

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 02:05:39 AM »

I think Slash should go back to his Snakepit era, the second Snakepit album is amazing........ i recon another one with a better singer would do really well! It was a fair effort without Axl!

Jonx
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 02:08:50 AM »

slash wasnt sucking pharrels dick for songs when i got the avatar, smartass.

Bono
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 02:13:52 AM »

Slash sucks Pharrels dick Shocked I guess that's the going rate for a producer these days. rofl
speed_stone
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 02:14:04 AM »

slash is a fucking joke now, stop giving him the attention he is so desperate for and let him witness axl's talent take over the world once again. nuff said.
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 02:18:00 AM »

Slash sucks Pharrels dick Shocked I guess that's the going rate for a producer these days. rofl

that and a nice snowblow kiss.

SADIS
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 03:03:17 AM »

Maybe Mike Clink wouldn't be the perfect choice but someone like Rick Rubin would. He's the perfect rock producer. I mean he has done amazing things for the Peppers, Jonny Cash etc.....he knows how to capture the essence of a band....
makane
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 04:40:00 AM »

The truth, unfortunately is, they should give Matt Sorum the booty and replace him with some "groovier" drummer.? If they do wan't a "groovy" sounding album. Matt just sounds like a machine (ie. UYI tour drum solo, Down on the Farm TSI, Civil War UYI tour, Rocket Queen UYI tour, just to name few)
Though I respect Matt for songs like November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Coma and Breakdown...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:52:05 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Origen
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 05:09:41 AM »

Axl can totally convert his look to Hip Hop, can have rumoured to have Shaquille O Neil rap on the album and Axl can go into a bar and request just one song and that is 50 cent - In Da Club, everyone is cool with that.

But when VR anounce they're having pharrell williams as ONE OF MANY producers who's going to contribute, people start losing respect for VR then?

That just isn't fair.
makane
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 05:36:13 AM »

Axl can totally convert his look to Hip Hop, can have rumoured to have Shaquille O Neil rap on the album and Axl can go into a bar and request just one song and that is 50 cent - In Da Club, everyone is cool with that.

But when VR anounce they're having pharrell williams as ONE OF MANY producers who's going to contribute, people start losing respect for VR then?

That just isn't fair.
He may look stupid, but he can bring some good music.
You don't think Axl's been bashed about hes looks and stuff? Atleast hasn't sell hes soul to MTV.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 06:05:48 AM »

slash is a fucking joke now, stop giving him the attention he is so desperate for and let him witness axl's talent take over the world once again. nuff said.

you are such an axl ass kisser, god you never do anything but bash anyone who was an ex member and say how much axl is the only one who can do anything.. These are supposed to be gnr fans on this board hihi
Evolution
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 06:11:52 AM »

Why does everyone think that the Pharrell collaboration will mean a hip-hop record?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2006, 06:14:50 AM »

VR is a joke. good day. Grin

how are they a joke? Didn't axl use moby, other producers,  and many session players...

Speed stone you are the type that just bashes, you are definetly one of those people that don't buy the albums of the ex members but you have a say... With the way you praise axl in every other post and bash the old gnr there's no way they had anyu chance with you to begin with..
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 07:57:26 AM »

Slash is a huge Nine in Nails fan so I don't know what you're talking about
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 08:00:30 AM »

Maybe Mike Clink wouldn't be the perfect choice but someone like Rick Rubin would. He's the perfect rock producer. I mean he has done amazing things for the Peppers, Jonny Cash etc.....he knows how to capture the essence of a band....

I rather try something new with Pharrell than Rubin who automatically go to if you want to do something different. Choosing Rubin as your producer back in the day was cool but now its not as fresh
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 08:13:28 AM »

Hello! Where have you been in the last 12 years? Where has Axl been in the last 12 years? He's done nothing and it does tell that who wasn't the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses. Axl collaborating with people from Moby and Critter to Shaq and Lionel Ritchie is 'improving', 'a unique experiment', 'evolving' and 'getting better'... oh, I almost forgot: it's also very artistic. But if Slash & Co are up to do something different then it sucks, they're sell-out and they are nothing without Axl. But...If they don't change, only rock, then 'they can't move on' and ' are nothing without Axl'. Fuck this shit. I'm not happy that VR's working with Pharrell, but I hope it'll turn out to be good. I hope Axl's album will be good. Stop this fucking tribal war.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: