Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Losing my respect for VR.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Losing my respect for VR.  (Read 25012 times)
Here Today...
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »

I'm not certain they are "posers." we haven't heard word since they suppossedly started recording.  maybe its not working with pharrell, because i honestly cant see it working. so how about we just wait and see what is said or what happens or wait till the new album comes out before we loose or gain respect for them. if you want to judge them or their musical talent, look at their previous album. remember, we havent heard anything and they are suppossedly recording for over a week now...hmmmm 

I smoke my cigarette with style
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 06:37:30 PM »

ok. I'll get the album, that's for sure.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 07:00:37 PM »

I really don't understand why people are turning this whole pharrel issue into such a big deal, I dont care who produces the album. If it sounds good then great if it doesn't then that's too bad better luck next time. It's all about the music for me beer
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 07:18:24 PM »

electricimage, stop double posting... have you heard of the "Edit" button?

So Slash plays with Michael Jackson, but once he gets Pharrell to PRODUCE a song, he's suddenly "going down the wrong path"?

Like most of the sensible people here, I will wait to hear what the record sounds like before I trash it.  It sounds like you're more concerned with the band's reputation and what you can tell your friends (e.g. "I don't like that band, they're a bunch of posers... but THIS band here isn't") then what the actual music sounds like.

^ There, I made my point and I don't need to post again right after myself.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »

the outcry there would be if Chinese Democracy was being worked on and or produced by Pharrell, SNoop or any1 else like that.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 07:44:38 PM »

the outcry there would be if Chinese Democracy was being worked on and or produced by Pharrell, SNoop or any1 else like that.....

Well, of course we know the Shaq situation.  And there was that Nas rumors a couple years back. Grin

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 08:24:51 PM »

axl's already dressed the part..  hihi
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 08:34:32 PM »

Pharrell Fucking Williams...

Could it be worse...?

Let me tell you something rght now - Pharrell will NEVER produce a rock band well. VR are going to be the new Crazytown...
RichardNixon
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 08:45:35 PM »

I'm actually really excited about the new VR album and the direction they are taking. It appears as though it will be more groove-oriented, but I'm sure it will feature Slash's signature solos and some great hooks. I think we can hear more of a "Big-Bang Baby" sound to this album, which is totally cool by me. I can't wait to hear it.

Remember how people were saying that "Chinese Democracy" would sound like "Pretty Hate Machine" and it didn't (going by the demos). Well, I doubt "Libertad" will sound like a hip-hop, radio friendly bling album either, so take a chill pill.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 08:52:22 PM »

But you are flat out fucking stupid here.

Chill out.

Do you know what I do for a living dipshit?

See above.

On topic..

I'm not too thrilled with the Pharrell talk,? nothing that'll keep me from giving the record a fair listen though.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RichardNixon
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 08:54:38 PM »

So what if they are working with Pharrell? Good for them. If you are are that closed minded, put on your "Dr. Feelgood" album and don't buy the new VR, you mullet-heads!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 11:25:05 PM »

Great bands don't need to get gimmick producers to make something special or create a sound.  Pharrell to me sounds like a gimmick producer who is hot at the moment.  God forbid they use someone proven like Mike Clink.  I guess my point is, since when does Duff and Matt have to get a hip hop guy to develop a groove?  Maybe Adler is who they should get on drums.  He didn't seem to have a problem on Appetite with the Groove.  The name of this album should be "How VR got their Groove Back."
RichardNixon
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 11:28:44 PM »

Great bands don't need to get gimmick producers to make something special or create a sound.? Pharrell to me sounds like a gimmick producer who is hot at the moment.? God forbid they use someone proven like Mike Clink.? I guess my point is, since when does Duff and Matt have to get a hip hop guy to develop a groove?? Maybe Adler is who they should get on drums.? He didn't seem to have a problem on Appetite with the Groove.? The name of this album should be "How VR got their Groove Back."

Use Mike Clint, you mean like Motley Crue did with "New Tattoo"? Which is probably what some people here want to hear.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 11:36:22 PM »

Great bands don't need to get gimmick producers to make something special or create a sound.? Pharrell to me sounds like a gimmick producer who is hot at the moment.? God forbid they use someone proven like Mike Clink.? I guess my point is, since when does Duff and Matt have to get a hip hop guy to develop a groove?? Maybe Adler is who they should get on drums.? He didn't seem to have a problem on Appetite with the Groove.? The name of this album should be "How VR got their Groove Back."

Use Mike Clint, you mean like Motley Crue did with "New Tattoo"? Which is probably what some people here want to hear.

Richard, I don't know a Mike Clint, just Mike Clink.  Duff and Matt tend to build shit up more then what it actually is.  Question is, will VR still be a hard rock band, or is this going to be their "Get a Grip,' album.
speed_stone
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 11:47:34 PM »

VR is a joke. good day. Grin
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 11:56:54 PM »

VR is a joke. good day. Grin

Not much sense in posting in this section then... Roll Eyes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 12:05:41 AM »

God forbid they use someone proven like Mike Clink.?

No offense to your good self or Mike Clink for that matter but he hasn't produced anything too interesting since AFD. 

I loved his work in '05 with The Glitterati but that's about it..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Here Today...
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 12:31:02 AM »

VR will still be a hard rock band, come on they are not going to turn to a hip hop group! lol its funny to even think about it.  he's just a producer, that doesnt mean hes going to be rapping on every song or something.  just wait till the album comes out and we will see how it is, then make all ur opinions.

I smoke my cigarette with style
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 12:36:58 AM »

electricimage, stop double posting... have you heard of the "Edit" button?

So Slash plays with Michael Jackson, but once he gets Pharrell to PRODUCE a song, he's suddenly "going down the wrong path"?

Like most of the sensible people here, I will wait to hear what the record sounds like before I trash it.? It sounds like you're more concerned with the band's reputation and what you can tell your friends (e.g. "I don't like that band, they're a bunch of posers... but THIS band here isn't") then what the actual music sounds like.

^ There, I made my point and I don't need to post again right after myself.

ever heard of kiss my ass? I doubt people are going to read a post twice to see if i edited it. Didn't think of that did you, you wanna be moderator hack.

And I could care less about the VR rep. Stop assuming and pretending like you are the smart one here. You aren't making things better.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 12:38:08 AM »

So what if they are working with Pharrell? Good for them. If you are are that closed minded, put on your "Dr. Feelgood" album and don't buy the new VR, you mullet-heads!

the Crue is a hack band.

OOOPS. Double Post...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: