Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Losing my respect for VR.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Losing my respect for VR.  (Read 24943 times)
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« on: April 19, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »

I'm fairly un-happy about this whole new direction VR is following.

I won't be buying an album with Pharrell williams. I'm against selling out and his whoring out attitude. Its not about how many records you sell. Its about the quality of the record. Pharrell Williams doesn't get this. The guy appears on countless albums, just to get his name accross and make bank.

I saw VR live 3 times last year. And I doubt I will be seeing them again. If this is the road they will be taking, I'd advise Slash to bury the hatchet with Axl, and Start Gn'R up again.

I won't follow a band that conforms with the system. It isn't very Rock n' Roll.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »

Let me give you the company line from the GNR board:

"Stop living in the past, they are going in a new direction and taking it to the next level as a band. Go listen to ACDC if you want a band to just remake the same album a 100 times."

That said, I am sure VR won't be releasing a rap album anytime soon even if Pharrell is going to work with them a bit. If anything it might help spur some creativity bringing in someone totally from the outside.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:05:23 PM »

yet gnr was the most commercial radio friendly band in the world... Pharell williams gets work because he is talented, you don't get work because you suck.. I think people have no idea what they are talking about, talk after you hear it..
SADIS
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »

I'm not very fond of the fact that VR is working with Pharrel; not because he is a music-whore but because his best music is barely mediocre. He did some rock with his N.E.R.D.  project which was below Linkin Park level. I'm thinking more and more Slash is in GnR especially now he's also managed by Sanctuary......I cannot imagine Slash working with Pharrel.....I dunno man, something is indeed "stinky" concerning VR......

electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »

yet gnr was the most commercial radio friendly band in the world... Pharell williams gets work because he is talented, you don't get work because you suck.. I think people have no idea what they are talking about, talk after you hear it..

Normally I agree with you. But you are flat out fucking stupid here. Do you know what I do for a living dipshit? Second, what is talented to you? "Drop it like its hot", over and over again? Whoring yourself out to MTV viewers.

You think hes talented, becuase you probably watch him on MTV day in and day out. So, Is Gwen Stephanie talented, or is she just a sell out for throwing up gang signs and making a hip-hop album? Even though shes white and from the burbs?

I'm fairly certain, that this guy has no idea what good guitar tone is, or how to record it.?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:22:08 PM by electricmage » Logged
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 02:24:09 PM »

I'm not very fond of the fact that VR is working with Pharrel; not because he is a music-whore but because his best music is barely mediocre. He did some rock with his N.E.R.D.? project which was below Linkin Park level. I'm thinking more and more Slash is in GnR especially now he's also managed by Sanctuary......I cannot imagine Slash working with Pharrel.....I dunno man, something is indeed "stinky" concerning VR......

N.E.R.D was a fucking joke. They were this it group that no one bought into. When Carson Daily says you are the next big thing, run for the fucking hills.
makane
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 02:35:06 PM »

I also wonder how/why Slash would approve a collaboration with Pharrel Williams? If they are somehow "jealouse" of Axl's new work, why don't they do work with some class acts (Like Axl did), but a MTV sell-out Hip-hop producer? I highly doubt Pharrel can bring any "musical breaktrough" for Velvet Revolver. I hope they're not doing this for MTV airtime and turn into a Velvet Linkin Park Project. Still, I have my hopes for Slash knowing the right way to go, It's either Guns or Velvet, but I bet either way he goes, it'll be a good choice.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
SADIS
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 02:45:19 PM »

Normally I agree with you. But you are flat out fucking stupid here. Do you know what I do for a living dipshit? Second, what is talented to you? "Drop it like its hot", over and over again? Whoring yourself out to MTV viewers.

You think hes talented, becuase you probably watch him on MTV day in and day out. So, Is Gwen Stephanie talented, or is she just a sell out for throwing up gang signs and making a hip-hop album? Even though shes white and from the burbs?

I'm fairly certain, that this guy has no idea what good guitar tone is, or how to record it.?

I think Mike meant that Pharrell wouldn't get work if he sucked, not you.

I think Pharrell is talented in selling shit. He could make the TRL audience wanne buy Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" if they re-released it tomorrow. Pharrel is talented in selling stuff, but he ain't no musical talent.....
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 02:58:11 PM »

I think Mike meant that Pharrell wouldn't get work if he sucked, not you.

I think Pharrell is talented in selling shit. He could make the TRL audience wanne buy Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" if they re-released it tomorrow. Pharrel is talented in selling stuff, but he ain't no musical talent.....

exactly. There is a large difference. Somehow, I doubt 13 year old kids know the difference between talented, and salesmanship.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 02:58:52 PM »

how much influence do you think this guy's gonna have with the strong personalities / egos of Slash, Duff, and Scott.....if he says / suggests something they question, you don't think they'll have veto power.....come on now Shocked
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »

This Nashville star bullshit is getting to me also. And Scotts appearance with The douchebag from train on the same VH1 cindy Lauper special. Are these guys trying to sell more records by p.r.-ing themselves out to whoever wants them featured?
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 03:02:49 PM »

how much influence do you think this guy's gonna have with the strong personalities / egos of Slash, Duff, and Scott.....if he says / suggests something they question, you don't think they'll have veto power.....come on now Shocked

then why have him produce. Why not get Clink to produce. At least you know he'll make a solid rock album. Or John Paul Jones to produce. Josh Abrams worked didn't he? He made the muddiest sounding album of all time. And the level dropped because of it.
SADIS
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 03:14:49 PM »

then why have him produce. Why not get Clink to produce. At least you know he'll make a solid rock album. Or John Paul Jones to produce. Josh Abrams worked didn't he? He made the muddiest sounding album of all time. And the level dropped because of it.

Well, I think one of the main reasons is Scott. He wants to be famous so bad. He's a poser; he's more famous for his behavior than his music. I mean he did write some good stuff but he switches looks more than Madonna does..... he wants to be "hot" whereas Slash just wants to rock.....
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »

Well, I think one of the main reasons is Scott. He wants to be famous so bad. He's a poser; he's more famous for his behavior than his music. I mean he did write some good stuff but he switches looks more than Madonna does..... he wants to be "hot" whereas Slash just wants to rock.....

true. But then again, STP made him famous. They were huge in their heyday. Had he not drugged himself up so much, he might be living a different story.

I don't like Axl a whole lot. But at least he had some musical integrity. No matter where he wanted to go with it. He just wanted to do it. Not appear on TV all the time.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »

I'll tell you what, VR started rolling downhill when they decided to use Hoobastank as a supporting act.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 03:30:51 PM »

I'll tell you what, VR started rolling downhill when they decided to use Hoobastank as a supporting act.

After Matt blasted Hoobastank a few months earlier.  I'm not fond of seeing these guys on Nashville Star and Autorox and on all of these red carpet appearances.  I feel Scott and Matt in particular seem to be focusing to much on their image and current pop culture.

makane
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 03:40:41 PM »

After Matt blasted Hoobastank a few months earlier.? I'm not fond of seeing these guys on Nashville Star and Autorox and on all of these red carpet appearances.? I feel Scott and Matt in particular seem to be focusing to much on their image and current pop culture.
Too bad Matt and Scott ( in a kinda way Duff too) have become posers during the "rise" of Velvet Revolver, I guess that's just how it goes...
After thinking it for a while, I guess Axl's made the right decision to stay back and concentrate making good music instead of getting hes face everywhere.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 03:40:51 PM »

After Matt blasted Hoobastank a few months earlier.? I'm not fond of seeing these guys on Nashville Star and Autorox and on all of these red carpet appearances.? I feel Scott and Matt in particular seem to be focusing to much on their image and current pop culture.

yup
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »

I wasn't knocking your job, said if he was shit he wouldn't get a job..

Pharell knows how to sell  aproduct, he knew something like drop it like it's hot would be the new catch prase and he'd make money with snoop....

End of the day matt duff slash scott dave have to like what they are doing..

I like seeing the artists I enjoy doing things in the public eye.. It's like teh people knocking dave navarro or the guys doing rockstar... I rather see the people I like then gawk at a pic and pray for a spoken word..

I just rather wait for the music then to knock it down, pharell wasn't there when they were creating riffs or writing the songs, who knows what part he may play..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 04:22:42 PM »

I'll wait to hear it before a rip them or praise them Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: