Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book  (Read 18372 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »

Mike,

Don't sweat it.  It's Guns N' F'in Roses man!  In a small venue no less!  I've been posting for awhile mentioning how jealous I am of the European folks being able to get the first tour in years.  These shows give us something in America.  Be positive.   peace 
  When I saw them in Boston, 2002, it wasn't the first or last show...just then best!  (in my biased eyes  Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2006, 11:50:43 PM »

Now we're complaining about more shows?

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2006, 11:58:51 PM »

of course, its mikeguiliana.  He's been doing this for years.  Nothing is ever good enough, always something to whine about.

unless of course your name is Slash, then you can do no wrong.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2006, 12:03:24 AM »

of course, its mikeguiliana.? He's been doing this for years.? Nothing is ever good enough, always something to whine about.

unless of course your name is Slash, then you can do no wrong.

It's not just him, alot of us have been voicing our opinions and are dismayed.   We are paranoid GNR fans and some of us really wanted the first show and we are afraid of anything going wrong with the back to back situation.  It's been a stressfull day and this was a shock well at least to me.  I know this was rumored before the sale of the 15th and 17th shows...but I guess most of us thought it was exactly that..a rumor.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2006, 12:06:06 AM »

They should annouce a show on the 10th next week...just for good measure.

comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2006, 12:27:52 AM »

I won't say anyone is wrong or right to feel how they do - it's their own reaction based on their views, so it's right to them.  You won't be able to argue anyone out of their own inner feeling(s).  That being said, I think mike will be at least a smidgen less upset as soon as the first notes are played at the show he's at. 

Don't let it ruin your day, man.
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2006, 01:38:37 AM »

I know this is getting a bit off-topic but if anybody was at the ACC in Toronto they know that it felt like a riot would break out any moment. They cut off beer sales and random fights were breaking out all over the arena. There was also a considerable police presence....nearly two hours after Mixmaster Mike's set GNR hit the stage. Travelling to Toronto is one thing, but there are alot more expenses involved in going to NYC...although I would enjoy it even without GNR I would be pissed to make this huge effort just to have them not show.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2006, 01:44:45 AM »

people complaing should be ashamed, really.  Undecided

Just be happy man. Axl is obviously gonna take his third return seriously by booking all these dates. It doesn't matter if he would book 8 more dates in the Ballroom. It's gonna be very fucking special to see this man out and about again either way.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2006, 01:53:47 AM »

Just be happy man. Axl is obviously gonna take his third return seriously by booking all these dates. It doesn't matter if he would book 8 more dates in the Ballroom. It's gonna be very fucking special to see this man out and about again either way.

I'm not really complaining,  I'm psyched for the show.  It's just that I wish they would have scheduled the 12th and 14th shows first, then the 15th and 17th.  There is something about being at their first show back that was really exciting to me.  Not to say I'm not still excited, but hey, I'm spending a lot of money to fly from LA to NYC, stay in NYC for two nights, taking three days off from work, and for all that I would have liked to see the first show.  As long as GnR takes the stage the night I'm at Hammerstein, believe me I'm happy, but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't prefer to be at the show on the 12th  smoking
EccoTides
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2006, 02:06:33 AM »

Just be happy GNR will be back on stage - Yes, there's the romantic notion of catching the first show. But considering the 4-year layoff we've had to endure, I'll take what I can get.

And furthermore - Who's really all that shocked? "Fucked up" is the first phrase that comes to mind when I think of the world of GNR, and considering what went down in 2002, these new shows aren't anything worth dwelling on negatively.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:08:16 AM by EccoTides » Logged
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2006, 02:21:26 AM »

Think about all of us that ran out and bought multiple tickets(ticketmaster or ebay) and planned afairs to see them the 15th because we wanted the first crack at seeing the return, getting the news, hearing the material first, etc.. Why couldn't tehy had just added two shows instead of undercut the people who thought they had first crack ,now the true fans have to buy more fucking tickets instead of maybe just going the 15th or 17th.. ANother fucking rat race for tickets and more money spent and we got fucking tricked..
I have been nothing but positive and helpfull to everyone, but this is fucking bullshit plain and simple that are taking off work to see the other shows and missing shit that was in teh plans when the weekend was free.. Should have made the shows after not before or told all four at once.. rant

Have a fuckin cry. Guns aint been to Australia in 13 fuckin years, and when they do show up I wont bitch about going to a show coz they played the night b4 or some shit. Atleast you get to see em man so wake up.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2006, 02:40:45 AM »

I'm not really complaining,  I'm psyched for the show.  It's just that I wish they would have scheduled the 12th and 14th shows first, then the 15th and 17th.  There is something about being at their first show back that was really exciting to me.  Not to say I'm not still excited, but hey, I'm spending a lot of money to fly from LA to NYC, stay in NYC for two nights, taking three days off from work, and for all that I would have liked to see the first show.  As long as GnR takes the stage the night I'm at Hammerstein, believe me I'm happy, but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't prefer to be at the show on the 12th  smoking

thats an understandable attitude.  yes  but 'this is fucked up how dare they fuck the fans over like this' is IMO being ungreatful for all the trouble they went thru to even do the pre-sale.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2006, 03:09:42 AM »

People will always find something to complain about.

First it was "No word from anyone, no album..."

Then it was "Europe before the US? WHAT THE FUCK?"

Then it was "We won't get any tickets, we need a pre-pre sale"

Now it is "I WON'T GET TO SEE GN'R FIRST"...

GROW THE FUCK UP.

badapple81
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2006, 03:16:28 AM »

I am an Aussie and I would give my left nut to be at the 2nd or 3rd show and wouldn't even care if it was the 17th show.
I can see your point though to some degree.

I'm with you there dude.

Some people always find something to complain about.

Axl and co. can't do anything right.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2006, 03:38:54 AM »

I "was" excited about seeing the first show back

But I'm also happy more of you will get the chance to just see GNR

I'm still excited about seeing what I'm seeing.

Just wish they put the 12th and 14th tickets on sale fist, but I ain't gonna bitch.  At least this way I'm not camping out for multiple days waiting for the 15th show.  Good thing I'm busy the 12th any way. 

Good for you with the money and time to travel around the country attending Every GNR show, that's gotta be nice.

I think that a lot of people went all out on ebay and shit to be able to see the 15th for the 1st show reasons and that does suck that they got ripped off by scalpers and misinformed by everything else
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2006, 03:51:23 AM »

People will always find something to complain about.

First it was "No word from anyone, no album..."

Then it was "Europe before the US? WHAT THE FUCK?"

Then it was "We won't get any tickets, we need a pre-pre sale"

Now it is "I WON'T GET TO SEE GN'R FIRST"...

GROW THE FUCK UP.

I completely agree - how quickly some people's attitude towards the band/management can change.  I was incredibly lucky to get a ticket for both nights and because I'm flying from the UK, have no way of changing plans and trying to get tickets for earlier.  But, am I complaining, no, because I'm finally getting to see the band I love in the type of small venue that I thought I could only dream about.  So what, if it's not the first show - as you said Christos, what about all the people who thought RIR would be the first show - are they on here complaining?  Some people can't appreciate what they've got.

Something I learnt a long time ago about supporting GNR was to appreciate the unpredictability - and yes, I've been on the receiving end of a cancelled show.  Axl is the greatest frontman in the world and I, for one, appreciate the fact that he will only go on stage when he feels able to give 100%, whenever and wherever that may be.  If I want safe predictability, I'll go and support someone else who is happy to run through the motions each night.

Oh and just a thought for those who are putting so much store in seeing the first show - ever considered that GNR might play a West Coast warm-up or two before NY - just as they did in '91?  Grin

Roll on 15 May - I can't wait.   peace

cyllan

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2006, 04:41:18 AM »

remember out ta get me rant from the ritz where he's saying about people telling you how to live your lives and how  to act, etc?? Well you people are telling me that shit and I don't need it either... I may have come on strong and the same few nobbers came in to run and tell me I was crying or whining because it's guns n fucking roses or just be glad you have a tickets... Well I say I am very glad I have tickets, but also fuck what some of you said.. Many people voiced their opinions agreeing with me and have the decency to understand the fact that 2 warm up shows were announced so people scrambling to get 2nd mezz tickets for the 15th could have no easily gotten floor level instead. People like myself bought tickets not only because of who the band was, but also because they were under the impression they were seeing the band first.. Stop acting like oh it's gnr just be happy, fuck it, if I was under the impression that I was paying my own fucking money to see something first then I have every right to be upset if they decide to false advertise and slip two shows in before the ones that were supposed to be their two warm up shows..

Yet you people are heartless. maybe the people that wanted to see the first show wouldn't have traveled if they knew they had tickets for the 3-4th shows... People were coming near and far not only because it's this band, but because they wanted to be the several efw that got to see this band in their return, maybe catch some news first, hear the material first, hear about cd first, have that nervous energy in the band, and so on....

So really stop fucking acting like anyone is bitching because everyone is glad they have their tickets, it's just they should have announced the first shows first, is that to hard to get... Would it have killed them to say the 12th and 14th are first (weekends shows, remember jobs people, remember people have kids like myself)..

Instead of being a bunch of it's gnr be lucky why not say hey man you have a point they shouldn't have added shows prior to the others.. They could have 15 shows every night at the hammerstein and I would be extremly happy, but don't announced the last shows first and have people going nuts for opening tour tickets.. Some of you people are selfish because you think just because it's axl rose and shit that anything is acceptable... people have lives and things revolver around events, having to break off things that didn't have to be is fucked up...

and jim bob no everything slash does is no  acceptable, unlike you I'm not  afucking kiss ass, if he does something fucked up I'll be the first to say it.. If velvet revolver did this you'd all be saying that's fucked up, what aboutpeole flying in that thought they had first crack, they only sold it this way because they were afraid of not selling enough tickets, they are jealous of axl hihi, they pulled a bait n switch... Now the false advertising the management pulled is just not right ..

Listen they fucking know the die hards ran out for tickets for monday the 15th and some ended up with the 17th, well guess what they know now that another pre sale will happen and those same die hard who wanted to be first will run adn buy tickets for the 12th too... It was a real bait n switch and people who bought multiple tickets because they were under the impression that was the first show is just wrong,...

1) they could have just announced the weekend shows, then ADDED the last shows..
2) they could have announced all four at once....

But stop acting like they can do no wrong and all anyone does is complain.. Instead of the first show I have a 3rd which is a back to back night (14-15th) Also stop saying axl would never mess up this because of his bad press in the usa... has it ever stopped him before?. Anything that could go wrong can go wrong

Again I am very happy I got tickets, I will try today for 12th tickets, but if I had known I would have saved a few days work on the weekends.. I didn't say anything bad about the band, so stop saying that shit.. I am mad about the  shows being slid in before.. You just don't get more shows at the hammerstein, they were booked by the band already, just give everyone an even playing field.. Announce the shows in proper order
Megaguns
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2006, 04:47:47 AM »

cmon people stop being such babies about this, If GnR came to Australia and did 10 shows id be glad to just see one whichever night. Trust me that there are some huge GnR fans all over the world who will not get to see them live ever.
  So stop your bitching and be thankful for what you have got.  peace   ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2006, 04:56:25 AM »

does everyone from aunstralia miss the point... If they were playing in australia and I lived in nyc I wouldn't even be like oh I want to go to see them there or if someone was upset about shows being switched just be glad you are going.. I would understand your point and see what your frustration was about... If the warm up shows happened in cali or florida I wouldn't be sitting around wishing I was going same way I wasn't wishing I was going to rio.. Like most I was just glad to know they were touring and news was on the way..

So I am glad I have tickets to any of the four, I am just letdown because I went crazy to get tickets for teh 3rd show instead of the first which was how they made it.... For anyone to say they ran out and bought tickets to see the first show an dthen by night you find out its going to be the third would be a letdown to anyone, there's more to life then just saying hey I got tickets, it was about the decency of knowing the shows in proper order...

A good deal of people traveling would have done it on the 12th or 14 instead of the 15-17th so at least have compassion for some and stop always thinking because you're seeing axl makes everything right..

I didn't cirlce the globe in 2001-02, I patiently waited for msg and that was it... And if they added a second show before msg at msg I wouldn't have even cared because it's wasn't the band's first show since 02 with many unanswered questions...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2006, 05:07:54 AM »

Mike,

? Don't sweat it.? It's Guns N' F'in Roses man!? In a small venue no less!? I've been posting for awhile mentioning how jealous I am of the European folks being able to get the first tour in years.? These shows give us something in America.? Be positive.? ?peace?
? When I saw them in Boston, 2002, it wasn't the first or last show...just then best!? (in my biased eyes? Wink )?
?

man I am happy, I'm glad I'm getting to see axl and company.. I am just let down that the tickets that were made out to be first are now third is all, and it would have been easy for me to get better tickets for the third show if I knew there were two others before.. That's all I'm saying,. I will have fun, but today I am going to try and get 12th ticks...

I also bought four tickets for the 15th to help a few forum fans who were shut out, seeing them first was special to those people too.. So don't think I am selfish, I wasn;'t only thinking about me... I would have bought four tickets to the 12th instead ok
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: