Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book  (Read 18436 times)
speed_stone
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2006, 08:41:43 PM »

you ungrateful fuck!!! your egoistical personality shines through, even through your everlasting and blatant negativity! think about the MILLIONS of fans worldwide who have never seen nor will never see guns n' roses live, you haven't only been to shows before but you are going to TWO this summer! show some fucking gratitude you selfish bastard! this really pisses me off, i just lost any last shred of respect i might have had for you.

fuck off already, you're such an ass that could never get it..? Like I need the respect of an asswipe..? ?Big fucking deal not eevryone is going to see them, do you think I wa crying when they were going to rio first..? I was just like cool something we'll get news then

yeah it was ego fuckstick

how i am an ass? or an "asswipe"? you're the most ignorant old person i've seen. you fuck off, i'm not gonna sit here and argue over the internet, i'm done with your pathetic ass. good day.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »

being disappointed when you have tickets to a fucking guns n' roses show should be against the law. it just goes to show what kind of people you are.

why can't you understand it's about being told you are rushing out to buy tickets for the first show and it's actually the third.? I am anxious to see axl rose, I'll be happy to see gnr if they ever reunite

I'm so old, i'm 29 hihi

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2006, 08:43:19 PM »

being disappointed when you have tickets to a fucking guns n' roses show should be against the law. it just goes to show what kind of people you are.

Understood but besides just the first show thing...forget about that. ?He will be doing a show sunday then monday, who knows if he will blow off monday's show...you just don't know with Axl...that's why some of us are having a hard time with it. ?Plus it's been a real stressfull week with this...this was sorta the last thing I think any of us wanted to see...but I am glad for people who didn't get tickets will now have 2 other chances.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2006, 08:47:33 PM »

I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed.  I bought a ticket to the May 15th show and made arrangements to get work off and fly in from LA to see it.  The element of surprise was very exciting.  However, and the energy of the band was guaranteed to be high because it was the first time they'd performed in over 3 years.  Now it will betheir third show in 4 days, at the same venue.  I'm sure the show will be great, but the anticipation and mystery surrounding who will be the third guitarist if there is one, what new songs they'll be playing, and all that is gone because I'll already know in advance.  If I'd known about the shows on the 12th and 14th, I would've gone to those shows, and I would have seen both of them because they're both on the weekend
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2006, 08:48:39 PM »

I'm just glad to have f*ckin tickets.

I don't think he'll be blowing off ANY shows somehow.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 08:48:49 PM »

I'm not gunna complain about more shows being booked , c'mon more shows are a blessing obviously!! But c'mon , it woulda made more sence to get the 12th and 14th dates set up FIRST & then announ ce the 15th and 17th dates!

I feel bad for those who bought tix to see the FIRST "comeback" show and maybe hear new material live "first" only to have these dates slapped in their faces.

But again , the more shows the better!  ok

jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 08:49:07 PM »

Understood but besides just the first show thing...forget about that. ?He will be doing a show sunday then monday, who knows if he will blow off monday's show...you just don't know with Axl...that's why some of us are having a hard time with it. ?Plus it's been a real stressfull week with this...this was sorta the last thing I think any of us wanted to see...but I am glad for people who didn't get tickets will now have 2 other chances.

Where is all this uncertainty about Axl coming from? ?Everyone seems to have this big fear that the smallest thing will set Axl off, and it seems like media bullshit to me. ?We've got no idea what happened at Philly but I'll bet you anything it wasn't cause Axl didn't feel like it or cause he wanted to watch a Basketball game. ?There's no way they are going to possibly say, hey we committed to these four shows but we don't need to rehearse anymore so lets just blow these next two shows over. ?

I have the feeling alot of people are getting sucked into this perception that Axl is so unstable that if someone looks at him the wrong way the whole show is going to be cancelled.

I'm not too disappointed, mainly because I'm planning on attending the show on the 12th. ?I'd feel pretty pissed if I was planning on attending both shows though... best case, just trade tickets so you can see them early and late

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2006, 08:52:14 PM »

Where is all this uncertainty about Axl coming from? ?Everyone seems to have this big fear that the smallest thing will set Axl off, and it seems like media bullshit to me. ?We've got no idea what happened at Philly but I'll bet you anything it wasn't cause Axl didn't feel like it or cause he wanted to watch a Basketball game. ?There's no way they are going to possibly say, hey we committed to these four shows but we don't need to rehearse anymore so lets just blow these next two shows over. ?

I have the feeling alot of people are getting sucked into this perception that Axl is so unstable that if someone looks at him the wrong way the whole show is going to be cancelled.

I'm not too disappointed, mainly because I'm planning on attending the show on the 12th. ?I'd feel pretty pissed if I was planning on attending both shows though... best case, just trade tickets so you can see them early and late

The uncertainty comes from his history obviously...no doubt there may have been good reasons for his cancellations...maybe not...whatever the case it still makes me nervous...and I have to agree with everyone else who feels disappointed that wanted to see the first show and now it's the 3rd show.   I wanted that first time they take the stage energy also.

check it out!!
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2006, 08:54:59 PM »

man, how about the people who showed up at the concert and the band never did?  Thats something to bitch about, not adding shows.

To sum it up, more shows = good
more gnr= good
No shows = bad
cancelled shows = bad
no gnr=bad
axl not showing up= bad

now i hope that clears it up, the only bitching i wanna hear from now on is "fuck, i went to the show and they cancelled it"(well i dont wanna hear that) other than that We have no reason to complain. and i am not a teen whos mommy is paying for this, i too have a life and a job and the fact that 2 more shows were added did nothing to affect my situation whatsoever, its not like they moved the shows or something.
speed_stone
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2006, 08:56:09 PM »

man, how about the people who showed up at the concert and the band never did?? Thats something to bitch about, not adding shows.

To sum it up, more shows = good
more gnr= good
No shows = bad
cancelled shows = bad
no gnr=bad
axl not showing up= bad

now i hope that clears it up, the only bitching i wanna hear from now on is "fuck, i went to the show and they cancelled it"(well i dont wanna hear that) other than that We have no reason to complain. and i am not a teen whos mommy is paying for this, i too have a life and a job and the fact that 2 more shows were added did nothing to affect my situation whatsoever, its not like they moved the shows or something.

excactly.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2006, 08:56:27 PM »

Wow. Some people sure have easy lives if this is something to complain about. Jeez...
Bono
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2006, 08:57:18 PM »

That's so wrong Speed_Stone. In my case there is no way I can make the show on the 12th or 14th but, BUT if I could have made those shows and they announced them after the fact I would also be a bit ticked off. The idea of seeing Guns' first show in 4 years was what made the show on the 15th so appealing. That's why I tried so hard for tickets to the 15th rather than the 17th. now add in the fact that those of us who live out of town(Alberta, Canada in my case) has to take time off work for the shows on the 15th and 17th. Had we known there would be two shows on the weekend alot of people would have likely tried for those tickets. like I said earlier NEVER have I seen shows added at earlier dates than the original dates. Gn'R management as well as the promoters had these new shows planned well in advance, don't kid yourself. To not announce them sooner was a bit decieving. ?I am overly pumped to be going on the 15th and like I said I wouldn't be able to make the shows on the 12th or 14th anyways but I'll admit when those two shows were added I also felt a bit jobbed that I was now going to the 3rd show. Plus hey the show on the 12th is a Friday night. Who wouldn't want to go to that show instead had they had ?the opportunity or knowledge of it.
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2006, 08:57:31 PM »

I honestly don't care about being the first to see them back, but it would have been a nice bonus.  I just want to see them and I'm concerned now with 2 shows before this that something will piss Axl off and I won't get to see them on the 15th.  Its not like its unprecidented.  I don't understand the people on here saying stuff like "oh he won't pull a no-show because it'd be bad press for the tour", Axl is a brilliant musician but he's completely unstable.  He doesn't give a fuck if there's bad press, unless someone gives a bad show review and sets him off.  I'm glad there's more of an opportunity for people to get tickets but I feel like it might be less of an opportunity for anyone with tickets to actually see the band.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2006, 08:57:35 PM »

The uncertainty comes from his history obviously...no doubt there may have been good reasons for his cancellations...maybe not...whatever the case it still makes me nervous...and I have to agree with everyone else who feels disappointed that wanted to see the first show and now it's the 3rd show.? ?I wanted that first time they take the stage energy also.

Think about it for one second... what history. ?St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver, Philly. ?These are the only shows that Axl had some part in cancelling. ?The other shows are either the consequence of the above shows being cancelled or were cancelled with lots of notice. ?Of the above shows, two of them were cancelled in the middle of the concert due to technical difficulties/fans riotting and were beyond the control of Axl to stop. ?Vancouver was cancelled by the promoter without any say from Axl and Philly is anyone's guess. ?Why people are imagining that Axl is going to just cancel two shows cause he doesn't feel like playing is beyond me. ?I've never heard of Axl giving anything but his best at a concert.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »

No-one with tix to the 15th can honestly say that they feel 100% comfortable knowing that its the second show of back to back performances. I really hope Axl comes through for us all, and I know that he will - but history makes me always have that sliver of doubt in my mind...

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bono
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2006, 09:01:56 PM »

Wow! Do you realies how naive that sounds. Axl has a long history of not showing up or walking off stage minutes into a show. Where have you been? it's not media bullshit. Missing shows without explanation means there was no acceptable explanation. Axl has done it far too many times in the past for people not to be a bit concerend. I've travelled before to a show that never happend so hell yeah I'm concerend with a repeat of Vancouver in New York.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »

No-one with tix to the 15th can honestly say that they feel 100% comfortable knowing that its the second show of back to back performances. I really hope Axl comes through for us all, and I know that he will - but history makes me always have that sliver of doubt in my mind...

Well said!! 

check it out!!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »

I'm sure Axl knows and understands that. I'm not disputing that. But, it won't be hard for him to go "Well, fuck, I just played on Friday and Sunday, I don't feel like playing tonight. There's always Wednesday."

I highly doubt the Hammerstein would be disappointed if he showed up 3 out of 4 shows. They can always use the reasoning that most people are going to multiple shows and that missing one isn't a big deal because they'll just be going to the next one. That isn't the case in my book - I can only afford/make it to the show on the 15th, and it would suck if they axed it in the end.

If Axl doesn't show on Monday we'll be reading about MikeGuiliana handcuffed and dragged out of Hammerstein by several police officers following one of the worst riots since the Los Angeles 1991 race riots. HAHAHA!!! hihi ?hihi ?hihi
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:06:32 PM by pasnow » Logged
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2006, 09:05:27 PM »

also people, u gotta realize that the room could be booked for other stuff too(private partys, etc..), the fact that tickets were selling is the reason they added the shows and the 12th and the 14th were probably the only dates they could get in.  I know that avenged 7fold will be playing their the 19th and the 20, and who knows there could be a million things going on at the hammerstein on the 18th and between the 21st and the 26th.  Its not like the place is empty every day theres not a concert, I believe that(as i stated earlier in this post) the success of the presale is what caused the new shows(obviously) and the only dates that made sense were the ones they picked, probably because there was nothing else going on there. Now lets stop the bitchin and start prepin for what will be the 4 most incredible shows the hammerstein has ever seen, and we will make sure of that!!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:09:55 PM by dman1991 » Logged
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2006, 09:07:11 PM »

Who cares if they added two new shows.  They're playing again and that's awsome.  I would love a album announcement though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: