Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:41:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book  (Read 18439 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »

Mike, why not just be happy you and some others are abe to go see GN'R in May?

because I bought tickets thinking those were the only shows, the first show was the 15th... If people can't see why this is wrong for some of us then I won't try explaining.. I have to take days off from work, but it was at least knowing I was going to see them first byt eh time I see them eevrything will be old news setlists news etc,.... I should have had the option to see them when I wanted not when tehy allowed me to..

people payed hundreds to brorkers because they wanted to see them first, now tehy have the third show, it's just wrong..

I 100% agree with you.? I'm pissed.? I'm also pissed that I killed myself trying to get tickets, which turned out to be MEZZ2 tickets, and now theres gonna be a ton of floor tickets available.? ARG!

you got fucked , let everyone not see the point.. they knew there was 4 shows, they should have told the first two first then the others.. Be funny if there is nonew shows added
So yeah, you fought for first dibs on higher seats when you could have bought those floor seats blindfolded for the third now

I just wanted to have the choice to pay for teh tickets I wanted to, not have to find out later my first show tickets are now teh third show..

chinese blues man you can't even see the point... They fuckin fooled the fans,. people spent hundreds on ebay for maybe some fucking shittier seat they could have bought easily..

i am not pissed they added shows ,usualyl added would mean shows later not before.. They knew this before the sale happened

the point is be glad you get to see the band and stop complaining.

Stop being such a fucking kid and understand the reality.. it's not about seeing the band, it was havingthe tickets I wanted.. I was in control of what I got, now the glory of seeing the first show is gone, that's what I wanted...

Oh if this was velvet revolver all of you would have been like that's fucking lame hihi

All I asked was that we had the chance to pick teh shows we wanted to and then fend later if we missed... There was no rush for the last two shows, there would have been easier selections.. There was a great exctiment about being first, that was the draw about the first show(15)..

Now I am going to buy yet another ticket.. Some of you can neevr just understand things, people have lives it's not just oh it's gnr or it's axl be glad..

Mike - in all sincerity, I mean no disrespect, and I understand your frustration - if it were me, I'd probably feel disappointed at the least, if not exactly the same myself. ?Even more, I came up empty-handed today, and would do anything to have scored some tickets this morning. ?I'm jealous that you're at least seeing *a* show, if not the one you'd prefer to see.

That said, your quote of "I was in control of what I got" made me smile - I think it's abundantly clear that the only one person has control of what you get with GnR, and that's Axl. ?Hell, even if I get tickets - and I'm really hoping I can come up with two - things like "will Axl show?", "will it be cancelled by the time I drive to NYC?," etc. will be recurring thoughts.

Like I said, though, I understand your point.

yeah man I get everything you say, I just was so glad I scored tickets for teh first show, now isntead I haev tickets for the third.. man it's like being into baseball going to the season opener, the third is still teh same team and all but it's not opening day..
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »

Just for the record, I'm not complaining about more shows being added - its great for those who didn't get tickets yet, because its two more chances for them to see a show. The band and management are hooking us up which is freaking awesome of them to do as they did not have to, and in a way, we certainly don't deserve it!

But I do have to wonder why they didn't just bother announcing the 12th and 14th first. I really can't see where they were coming from on that one. Again, not a complaint, more of a curiosity really. I don't know of any other bands that have announced tour dates like that.

My MAIN worry (again, a worry, not a complaint) is that Axl decides he doesn't want to do either the 15th/17th or both of them in favor of the earlier gigs. I'm sure he knows that he can't risk canceling them because it'd be a PR nightmare, but its happened before, and with GN'R, you can't assume anything until the band is on the stage. I don't feel safe/comfortable knowing that my show is the second of back to back nights.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

No kidding.. quit your whining and appreciate what you got..

ever hear of Treasure of the Sierra Madre?

T.T.
?.?.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2006, 08:24:42 PM »

But I do have to wonder why they didn't just bother announcing the 12th and 14th first. I really can't see where they were coming from on that one. Again, not a complaint, more of a curiosity really. I don't know of any other bands that have announced tour dates like that.

My MAIN worry (again, a worry, not a complaint) is that Axl decides he doesn't want to do either the 15th/17th or both of them in favor of the earlier gigs. I'm sure he knows that he can't risk canceling them because it'd be a PR nightmare, but its happened before, and with GN'R, you can't assume anything until the band is on the stage. I don't feel safe/comfortable knowing that my show is the second of back to back nights.

Realistically, management probably had the first two shows already booked, but based on the sale of the 15th and 17th showings. ?If sales were great which they were, they would go ahead with the 12th and 14th, if they werent good, then it would just be those two dates. So what Im saying is the 12th and 14th was not an idea that was thought of today, they planned it in advance, and based on the great sales for the 15th and 17th, theyre excuting their full plan. ?Plus if they were to cancel those shows it would not look good for GNR in NY again especially since how Axl has been there for a long time, I doubt club owners wouldnt think too much of him if he pulled another stunt like in philly.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2006, 08:24:59 PM »

because I bought tickets thinking those were the only shows, the first show was the 15th... If people can't see why this is wrong for some of us then I won't try explaining.. I have to take days off from work, but it was at least knowing I was going to see them first byt eh time I see them eevrything will be old news setlists news etc,.... I should have had the option to see them when I wanted not when tehy allowed me to..

people payed hundreds to brorkers because they wanted to see them first, now tehy have the third show, it's just wrong..

I 100% agree with you.? I'm pissed.? I'm also pissed that I killed myself trying to get tickets, which turned out to be MEZZ2 tickets, and now theres gonna be a ton of floor tickets available.? ARG!

you got fucked , let everyone not see the point.. they knew there was 4 shows, they should have told the first two first then the others.. Be funny if there is nonew shows added
So yeah, you fought for first dibs on higher seats when you could have bought those floor seats blindfolded for the third now

I just wanted to have the choice to pay for teh tickets I wanted to, not have to find out later my first show tickets are now teh third show..

chinese blues man you can't even see the point... They fuckin fooled the fans,. people spent hundreds on ebay for maybe some fucking shittier seat they could have bought easily..

i am not pissed they added shows ,usualyl added would mean shows later not before.. They knew this before the sale happened

Stop being such a fucking kid and understand the reality.. it's not about seeing the band, it was havingthe tickets I wanted.. I was in control of what I got, now the glory of seeing the first show is gone, that's what I wanted...

Oh if this was velvet revolver all of you would have been like that's fucking lame hihi

All I asked was that we had the chance to pick teh shows we wanted to and then fend later if we missed... There was no rush for the last two shows, there would have been easier selections.. There was a great exctiment about being first, that was the draw about the first show(15)..

Now I am going to buy yet another ticket.. Some of you can neevr just understand things, people have lives it's not just oh it's gnr or it's axl be glad..

Mike - in all sincerity, I mean no disrespect, and I understand your frustration - if it were me, I'd probably feel disappointed at the least, if not exactly the same myself. ?Even more, I came up empty-handed today, and would do anything to have scored some tickets this morning. ?I'm jealous that you're at least seeing *a* show, if not the one you'd prefer to see.

That said, your quote of "I was in control of what I got" made me smile - I think it's abundantly clear that the only one person has control of what you get with GnR, and that's Axl. ?Hell, even if I get tickets - and I'm really hoping I can come up with two - things like "will Axl show?", "will it be cancelled by the time I drive to NYC?," etc. will be recurring thoughts.

yeah man I get everything you say, I just was so glad I scored tickets for teh first show, now isntead I haev tickets for the third.. man it's like being into baseball going to the season opener, the third is still teh same team and all but it's not opening day..

And I get that. ?Be glad you're not me, though, and still trying to get two tickets to any of the shows.

All this quoting is getting to be too damned long...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:26:44 PM by bazgnr » Logged
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2006, 08:25:49 PM »

Burning hills, i know how you feel, i have tix for the 17th. However, i think the press is going to be all over these shows considering where they are, and that it's the first ones in the tour. He needs good press from all four shows or he can probably kiss any attempt at an american tour goodbye, especially knowing clear channel is promoting these shows.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2006, 08:29:42 PM »

How about peole try this on for size.. I bought four tickets from ticketmaster today because that was part of the plan of helping other to see the first show because we didn't want real fans getting jipped or shut out.. So myself bought those tickets and there were people shut out and now they haev tickets from me for regular price and will be handed over to them at the pre party at mustangharrys... So don't get on my fucking ass like I'm crying or some baby shit ,I bought extra tickets because i knew it would suck to be shut down, or someoen out of state or someone not with access to PC because he might work construction or not have a credit card.. So I spent the money to help others who now have seats for the first./third show; So let me bitch and moan a bit, if I had the option I would have bought the extra tickets to help others for the 12 instead...

It's not just about seeing the band, ?it was also about helping my fellow forum bro an sis, so at least think why I might be upset..
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2006, 08:29:55 PM »

Think about all of us that ran out and bought multiple tickets(ticketmaster or ebay) and planned afairs to see them the 15th because we wanted the first crack at seeing the return, getting the news, hearing the material first, etc.. Why couldn't tehy had just added two shows instead of undercut the people who thought they had first crack ,now the true fans have to buy more fucking tickets instead of maybe just going the 15th or 17th.. ANother fucking rat race for tickets and more money spent and we got fucking tricked..
I have been nothing but positive and helpfull to everyone, but this is fucking bullshit plain and simple that are taking off work to see the other shows and missing shit that was in teh plans when the weekend was free.. Should have made the shows after not before or told all four at once.. rant

dont get mad, GET GLAD ?beer

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2006, 08:30:18 PM »

I'm sure Axl knows and understands that. I'm not disputing that. But, it won't be hard for him to go "Well, fuck, I just played on Friday and Sunday, I don't feel like playing tonight. There's always Wednesday."

I highly doubt the Hammerstein would be disappointed if he showed up 3 out of 4 shows. They can always use the reasoning that most people are going to multiple shows and that missing one isn't a big deal because they'll just be going to the next one. That isn't the case in my book - I can only afford/make it to the show on the 15th, and it would suck if they axed it in the end.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »

And I get that. ?Be glad you're not me, though, and still trying to get two tickets to any of the shows.

All this quoting is getting to be too damned long...

Well man I might have one extra for the 15th, if so come to the pre party, that was my plan teh whole time
speed_stone
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2006, 08:33:34 PM »

you ungrateful fuck!!! your egoistical personality shines through, even through your everlasting and blatant negativity! think about the MILLIONS of fans worldwide who have never seen nor will never see guns n' roses live, you haven't only been to shows before but you are going to TWO this summer! show some fucking gratitude you selfish bastard! this really pisses me off, i just lost any last shred of respect i might have had for you.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 08:33:55 PM »

I see what Mike is saying...

I'm just concerned that GNR might cancel the 15th and 17th now. They can very easily decide that they'll be rehearsed enough because of the 12th and 14th and cancel the last two. I have a feeling that's what's gonna happen.? nervous

That is the first thing that ran through my mind

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »

I refuse to believe at this point with the band Axl would or could afford to just get up and decide one day to cancel any of these shows!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 08:35:27 PM »

I think for a band that hasnt played together in 4 years,overall this is too much right now. ?I only hope its not at our expense for those you have tix to the 15th and 17th shows. ?So time will tell how committed they are. ?If they want to make the most of this current GNR band, they wont cancel any shows, get CD out and keep touring, which pretty much was the plan in 02, just to tour. ?Even robins letter last year was the plan is to tour and to tour. ?So maybe everyones taking this current chance seriously, i just think its too much at one time .

Bono
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2006, 08:35:48 PM »

I agree with alot of what Mike said. They knew these shows were gonna sell out damn fast and we all expected more shows to be added but I have never seen more shows added at earlier dates. Not informing fans that the additional dates would be earlier in the month was poor judgement. Mike is no doubt happy to be seeing Guns but like Mike, I thought when trying to buy for the 15th it was going to for Gn'R's first show in 4 years, not their 3rd. ?I'm super pumped to be going(yeah I got tickets now, forever indebt to Mr. Intensity Cool) but it would;'ve bee nice had the enw shows been added after the 17th or at the very least we should have been informed of these shows before today because they were obviously planned well in advance. the bright side is that by the 15th all the kinks will be worked out and the band will be hititng on all cylinders. Slash and Duff are gonna need a few shows to wear off the VR rust. hihi
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:37:24 PM by Bono » Logged
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 08:36:54 PM »

I refuse to believe at this point with the band Axl would or could afford to just get up and decide one day to cancel any of these shows!!!

That is what most people are saying but with Axl's track record it's hard to stay 100% positive. ? On the flip side..Neemo and Backslash were saying that by Monday the show should be awesome cux they will have warmed up for 2 nights. ? ?As great as that sounds I am still scared nervous

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2006, 08:37:05 PM »

well good luck to eevryone for tomorrow's tickets... I was pretty mad when I saw new dates, just understand that.. I am anxious like evryone else, but I was efven more anxious because I thought I had first show tickets
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2006, 08:39:18 PM »

you ungrateful fuck!!! your egoistical personality shines through, even through your everlasting and blatant negativity! think about the MILLIONS of fans worldwide who have never seen nor will never see guns n' roses live, you haven't only been to shows before but you are going to TWO this summer! show some fucking gratitude you selfish bastard! this really pisses me off, i just lost any last shred of respect i might have had for you.

fuck off already, you're such an ass that could never get it..? Like I need the respect of an asswipe..? ?Big fucking deal not eevryone is going to see them, do you think I wa crying when they were going to rio first..? I was just like cool something we'll get news then

yeah it was ego fuckstick

I am giving three tickets to forum members
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:41:03 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2006, 08:39:59 PM »

I agree with alot of what Mike said. They knew these shows were gonna sell out damn fast and we all expected more shows to be added but I have never seen more shows added at earlier dates. Not informing fans that the additional dates would be earlier in the month was poor judgement. Mike is no doubt happy to be seeing Guns but like Mike, I thought when trying to buy for the 15th it was going to for Gn'R's first show in 4 years, not their 3rd. ?I'm super pumped to be going(yeah I got tickets now, forever indebt to Mr. Intensity Cool) but it would;'ve bee nice had the enw shows been added after the 17th or at the very least we should have been informed of these shows before today because they were obviously planned well in advance. the bright side is that by the 15th all the kinks will be worked out and the band will be hititng on all cylinders. Slash and Duff are gonna need a few shows to wear off the VR rust. hihi

i some what understand it alittle, if they announced that the first shows would be on the 12th and 14th, (fri and sunday). ?then added 2 more shows monday and wednesday. ?it would be alot tougher to sell those shows out. ?so they first announce the 15th and 17th, which sold out, now we all know the 12th and 14th are goign to sell out just because of the convience of the dates. ?again this isnt something that was thought of this morning, this probably was planned in advance.

speed_stone
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2006, 08:40:10 PM »

being disappointed when you have tickets to a fucking guns n' roses show should be against the law. it just goes to show what kind of people you are.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: