Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:43:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book  (Read 18357 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 07:59:13 PM »

Mike, why not just be happy you and some others are abe to go see GN'R in May?

because I bought tickets thinking those were the only shows, the first show was the 15th... If people can't see why this is wrong for some of us then I won't try explaining.. I have to take days off from work, but it was at least knowing I was going to see them first byt eh time I see them eevrything will be old news setlists news etc,.... I should have had the option to see them when I wanted not when tehy allowed me to..

people payed hundreds to brorkers because they wanted to see them first, now tehy have the third show, it's just wrong..

I 100% agree with you.  I'm pissed.  I'm also pissed that I killed myself trying to get tickets, which turned out to be MEZZ2 tickets, and now theres gonna be a ton of floor tickets available.  ARG!

you got fucked , let everyone not see the point.. they knew there was 4 shows, they should have told the first two first then the others.. Be funny if there is nonew shows added
So yeah, you fought for first dibs on higher seats when you could have bought those floor seats blindfolded for the third now

I just wanted to have the choice to pay for teh tickets I wanted to, not have to find out later my first show tickets are now teh third show..

chinese blues man you can't even see the point... They fuckin fooled the fans,. people spent hundreds on ebay for maybe some fucking shittier seat they could have bought easily..

i am not pissed they added shows ,usualyl added would mean shows later not before.. They knew this before the sale happened

the point is be glad you get to see the band and stop complaining.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »

My deal isn't that what was the first show is now the 3rd show. I'm getting to see them and that's what matters - my deal is Axl might decide he doesn't want to do the gigs on the 15th and 17tg after all, and then we're outta luck. Its happened before, and I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 08:03:31 PM »

?Yeah Mike,I know what you mean. It's like buying tix to an event movie (Batman,Star Wars,etc.) for the first day FIRST show....and then getting word that "Oh wow! There's gonna be a midnight 1st show instead!!" However,these tix cost much more than that.

?But,yeah at least we will be seeing them. I'd rather have my 17th ticket in hand then having nothing and reading on this board for days as to how fun it is/going to be. That would drive me in-fuckin'-sane.

I think all that needs to be said is Philadelphia.

Sold out show, insanely amazing show the night before at MSG, and then...a no-show.

Maybe I'm just a doubter because I was at the Philly show and saw this shit go down firsthand. I just hope I don't get screwed over by GN'R twice! no

I think everyone is clear on my Philadelphia show thoughts...... rofl.....but,I think you'll be okay BH,as I heard on MMR (an overnight DJ said) that Tommy said at the Soul Asylum show that "Axl is much different than just a few years ago." ?Maybe he's tightened up and got his shit in order and is ready to fuckin' rock!!
 ?Let's hope!!!!

? MATT
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 08:04:04 PM »

because I bought tickets thinking those were the only shows, the first show was the 15th... If people can't see why this is wrong for some of us then I won't try explaining.. I have to take days off from work, but it was at least knowing I was going to see them first byt eh time I see them eevrything will be old news setlists news etc,.... I should have had the option to see them when I wanted not when tehy allowed me to..

people payed hundreds to brorkers because they wanted to see them first, now tehy have the third show, it's just wrong..

I 100% agree with you.? I'm pissed.? I'm also pissed that I killed myself trying to get tickets, which turned out to be MEZZ2 tickets, and now theres gonna be a ton of floor tickets available.? ARG!

you got fucked , let everyone not see the point.. they knew there was 4 shows, they should have told the first two first then the others.. Be funny if there is nonew shows added
So yeah, you fought for first dibs on higher seats when you could have bought those floor seats blindfolded for the third now

I just wanted to have the choice to pay for teh tickets I wanted to, not have to find out later my first show tickets are now teh third show..

chinese blues man you can't even see the point... They fuckin fooled the fans,. people spent hundreds on ebay for maybe some fucking shittier seat they could have bought easily..

i am not pissed they added shows ,usualyl added would mean shows later not before.. They knew this before the sale happened

Stop being such a fucking kid and understand the reality.. it's not about seeing the band, it was havingthe tickets I wanted.. I was in control of what I got, now the glory of seeing the first show is gone, that's what I wanted...

Oh if this was velvet revolver all of you would have been like that's fucking lame hihi

All I asked was that we had the chance to pick teh shows we wanted to and then fend later if we missed... There was no rush for the last two shows, there would have been easier selections.. There was a great exctiment about being first, that was the draw about the first show(15)..

Now I am going to buy yet another ticket.. Some of you can neevr just understand things, people have lives it's not just oh it's gnr or it's axl be glad..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 08:05:49 PM »

Yeah Mike,I know what you mean. It's like buying tix to an event movie (Batman,Star Wars,etc.) for the first day FIRST show....and then getting word that "Oh wow! There's gonna be a midnight 1st show instead!!" However,these tix cost much more than that.

that sums it up right there/.. it's not like I don't feel like I can ejoy the show, I just am pissed that someone sold me premiere tickets to the third showing, then they say hey those super hard tickets to get are now not wortht eh same..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 08:07:14 PM »

Even though I agree - I'm not whining b/c I live close enough that I can change my plans and go on the 12th instead. ?What about some of these crazy people coming from all over the place who have bought plane tickets.

Rule #1 - never book plane tickets or hotel that is non-refundable when it comes to Uncle Axl.

yeah people coming from out of town that might not have had to miss work now are stuck.... people need to realise not everyone is some kid living with his mommy that has zero things besides gnr..
nadia
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 08:07:21 PM »

As long as they don't cancel any, the more the better in my opinion.
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 08:07:24 PM »

cmon people, now were bitching about being able to see guns n roses, give me a break, i dont know how these new dates affect anything, u can still get ticks for those if u have to see them first, personally i would much rather see the last show than the first, thats when everything really comes out!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 08:07:40 PM »

Man you have no idea do you? So you dont get to go to the first show now, so what? Would you rather not see them at all? No one is forcing you to buy more tickets, it's completely up to you. Besides, I posted yesterday about 2 other shows possibly being added. So it's not like not like everyone didnt know that it was a possibility.
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 08:09:27 PM »

Even though I agree - I'm not whining b/c I live close enough that I can change my plans and go on the 12th instead.  What about some of these crazy people coming from all over the place who have bought plane tickets.

Rule #1 - never book plane tickets or hotel that is non-refundable when it comes to Uncle Axl.
I dont understand why u have to change your plans? just act like the new shows were never announced, just because there is 2 earlier shows doesnt mean u have to go them, who told you that you have to cancel reservations because there is 2 news shows?   
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 08:11:07 PM »

Man you have no idea do you? So you dont get to go to the first show now, so what? Would you rather not see them at all? No one is forcing you to buy more tickets, it's completely up to you. Besides, I posted yesterday about 2 other shows possibly being added. So it's not like not like everyone didnt know that it was a possibility.

Oh you posted that, so I should have known that.. You just don't understand, I wanted the choice to pick what show I went to, peole have went the extra mile because they wanted to witness the return first.. people are missing work, taking time off from their weekday lives to get here when they could have seen them on the weekend and not lost job time..

everyone is so care free like oh you are getting to see them.... That's fine man, I could have at least had a choice, it's fucked up to add shows before the ones they listed after people rushed to be first and booked things from a far
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 08:11:57 PM »

Some of you can neevr just understand things, people have lives it's not just oh it's gnr or it's axl be glad..

Mike, I understand, it would be great to see them the first night. In hindsight they should have announced the earlier dates FIRST, then the latter two shows. I was let down completely at the Philly show. I found out about 11:15 it was off. Now that YOU will never understand. I see you post here alot saying, "Who knows, anything can happen with this band" Well, came back to haunt you eh? Cool

I know you hate this shit, but try and look at it not as "I'm not seeing GnR on the first night" but "I'm finally seeing GnR again!!!".

Good luck though, I want a thorough review of the show and band from you the following day. We're counting on you.? peace
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:13:59 PM by pasnow » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 08:13:41 PM »

Realistically, management probably had the first two shows already booked, but based on the sale of the 15th and 17th showings. ?If sales were great which they were, they would go ahead with the 12th and 14th, if they werent good, then it would just be those two dates. So what Im saying is the 12th and 14th was not an idea that was thought of today, they planned it in advance, and based on the great sales for the 15th and 17th, theyre excuting their full plan. ?Plus if they were to cancel those shows it would not look good for GNR in NY again especially since how Axl has been there for a long time, I doubt club owners wouldnt think too much of him if he pulled another stunt like in philly.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »

Oh you posted that, so I should have known that.. You just don't understand, I wanted the choice to pick what show I went to, peole have went the extra mile because they wanted to witness the return first.. people are missing work, taking time off from their weekday lives to get here when they could have seen them on the weekend and not lost job time..

everyone is so care free like oh you are getting to see them.... That's fine man, I could have at least had a choice, it's fucked up to add shows before the ones they listed after people rushed to be first and booked things from a far

you still have the choice, you can obviously sell the tickets you have now and then buy ones for the 12th. The funniest thing is, the only people who are complaining are the ones who always have something negative to say about the band. They add more shows and you still complain, is there anything they can do that will please you?  Roll Eyes
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 08:14:41 PM »

I 100% agree with you.? I'm pissed.? I'm also pissed that I killed myself trying to get tickets, which turned out to be MEZZ2 tickets, and now theres gonna be a ton of floor tickets available.? ARG!

Stop being such a fucking kid and understand the reality.. it's not about seeing the band, it was havingthe tickets I wanted.. I was in control of what I got, now the glory of seeing the first show is gone, that's what I wanted...

Oh if this was velvet revolver all of you would have been like that's fucking lame hihi

All I asked was that we had the chance to pick teh shows we wanted to and then fend later if we missed... There was no rush for the last two shows, there would have been easier selections.. There was a great exctiment about being first, that was the draw about the first show(15)..

Now I am going to buy yet another ticket.. Some of you can neevr just understand things, people have lives it's not just oh it's gnr or it's axl be glad..

Mike - in all sincerity, I mean no disrespect, and I understand your frustration - if it were me, I'd probably feel disappointed at the least, if not exactly the same myself. ?Even more, I came up empty-handed today, and would do anything to have scored some tickets this morning. ?I'm jealous that you're at least seeing *a* show, if not the one you'd prefer to see.

That said, your quote of "I was in control of what I got" made me smile - I think it's abundantly clear that the only one person has control of what you get with GnR, and that's Axl. ?Hell, even if I get tickets - and I'm really hoping I can come up with two - things like "will Axl show?", "will it be cancelled by the time I drive to NYC?," etc. will be recurring thoughts.

Like I said, though, I understand your point.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 08:15:37 PM »

What a bunch of fucking crybabies we have here today!!!! Noone told you to buy tickets, and the other posters were right, there were rumors of earlier shows before these even went on sale. As for the over paying of tickets when more will now be avalible, that's your own decision. I bought one from stubhub before hand, then i got two this morning. I am never going to get what i paid for the ticket back, but no one forced me to do so. A few weeks ago, everyone was bitching because they are touring europe first, then we these aweomse shows in a small gig, and people were pissed over the presale, which was a gift that management was under no obligation to provide for any of us, especially considering so many bitch and complain about axl/merck all the time. Then people complained they couldn't get tickets. Well now we have two more shows to go to, people that didnt get them can go to these, and they again provided us a presale. We will get to see guns n roses in a setting few have ever been able to, they are back after 4 years, and above all THEY DON"T OWE YOU CRAP!!! The tickets would sell no matter what, they didn't need to help us out and they did. So shut up and stop whining before they never help us out again. I swear some of you must be 12 years old. Noone said take off work and avoid other plans. There are roughly 14,000 tickets for 4 shows in the u.s., which may be all the U.S. gets this year, so be grateful you can even go.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »

Well, anyone who paid hundreds on Ebay is a dummy.  Why would you do that yet when the general sale hasn't even happened yet?  That's buying a ticket from a scalper when the event isn't sold out!!!  Yeah, makes sense!!!!

Think about all of us that ran out and bought multiple tickets(ticketmaster or ebay) and planned afairs to see them the 15th because we wanted the first crack at seeing the return, getting the news, hearing the material first, etc..

I'm trying to cry about this, but somehow I can't bring myself to.  Tongue

I'm teasing.  I get your point.  But you are over-reacting.  The main thing here is to see your fave band in a great venue like Hammerstein perform a warm up gig with new songs.  Who cares really if you weren't the first to see them unless you just wanna brag to everyone about it?  The new songs will still be new a few days later.  It'll still be the first time you hear them so the magic should still be there for you.  And they will probably even sound better since they will have shaken off some of the rust.  The only thing you lose out on is probably Axl's biggest day of ranting about the shit that's happened the past three  years.  rant

But it sounds like you're buying the new tickets too.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  You will be out only $65 because you live in NY.  So it's really not that bad.

Let's put things in perspective.  I live in Canada.  I had no tickets today because I couldn't get a day off work to fly down to see either of the 17th or 15th shows.  Last night and this morning I would have given my left nut to be able to get that day off to see one of these shows.  I still have a shot and my left nut is still intact.  What a relief!  Grin

I'm sure you can see where we are coming from too.

a.k.a. KBear
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 08:17:17 PM »

Even though I agree - I'm not whining b/c I live close enough that I can change my plans and go on the 12th instead.? What about some of these crazy people coming from all over the place who have bought plane tickets.

I dont understand why u have to change your plans? just act like the new shows were never announced, just because there is 2 earlier shows doesnt mean u have to go them, who told you that you have to cancel reservations because there is 2 news shows?? ?

because the attraction is it was first,.. it would be like telling some star wars geek hey those tickets you just spent a week in line for and are missing work for are the third day.. It's about being first, getting the news first.. it was about buying tickets knowing you were getting to do eevrything first... That's how I feel and people should respect that, I wouldn't have bougth tickets for work days if I knew there were earlier shows.. They could have said all four at once, whgy wait until after we bought them...? Not like they just booked the shows this minute..

I know you hate this shit, but try and look at it not as "I'm not seeing GnR on the first night" but "I'm finally seeing GnR again!!!".

yeah I am seeing axl again, that is very cool.. One day I hope to see gnr again..

you still have the choice, you can obviously sell the tickets you have now and then buy ones for the 12th. The funniest thing is, the only people who are complaining are the ones who always have something negative to say about the band. They add more shows and you still complain, is there anything they can do that will please you? ?
yet you are the one that would never see the reality of someone's point that isn't pro axl.. I said the added shows is great because it gives us four but we should have been told the first shows first... What's so hard to get, the 15th selling point was being first show abck

gunner man another person that doesn't see the reality.. ANother just be glad you ge to go.. I wouldn't have bought weekday tickets if there was a choice..
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 08:18:24 PM »

you still have the choice, you can obviously sell the tickets you have now and then buy ones for the 12th. The funniest thing is, the only people who are complaining are the ones who always have something negative to say about the band. They add more shows and you still complain, is there anything they can do that will please you?? Roll Eyes

Yeah, announce a tour like every other  band on the planet.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 08:18:54 PM »

Some of you can neevr just understand things, people have lives it's not just oh it's gnr or it's axl be glad..

Mike, I understand, it would be great to see them the first night. In hindsight they should have announced the earlier dates FIRST, then the latter two shows. I was let down completely at the Philly show. I found out about 11:15 it was off. Now that YOU will never understand. I see you post here alot saying, "Who knows, anything can happen with this band" Well, came back to haunt you eh? Cool

Good luck though, I want a thorough review of the show and band from you the following day. We're counting on you.? peace
I feel for eevryone in philly, I went to msg I was pumped shit was going so well.. Man don't expect the reviews from me I'll be sleeping hungover.. peace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: