Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book  (Read 18351 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 07:46:48 PM »

I can't be the only one concerned that Axl will blow off the shows on the 15th and 17th now..or even just the 15th (the only one that i will be able to go to.)

The 14th/15th is the only night they're playing back to back, and I have a feeling that will prove to be a problem for the band.

I have a feeling I'm going to be royally fucked come the 15th!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »

The good news is - there are now going to be a bunch of May 15th tickets on Ebay - probably for less than $200. ?Now, the people that wanted to see them that didn't get the presale tickets can go on Ebay and pick up 15th tickets for $100-$125 a piece probably. ?And you and I can buy the May 12th tickets. ?Everyone is happy.

But I agree - it's a major inconvenience.? But that's Axl Rose.

this is equivelant to buying a rookie card then finding out the next day it's his third season...

Listen all these people that are like well at least I am seeing them, well fuck that.. You think I got to eevry show they ever play, do you think I run all aroudnthe country.. You think I cried because they played vagas or whatever and I didn't get to see them... NO I just waited like evryone else till msg. same as I would have done for after eruope..
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »

Mike, while I completely see why you're pissed off, there's some of us here who can't even get to the shows. Sad Damn my stupid friends who don't want to/can't go and the fact that even though I'm 19, my parents don't want me at Penn Station myself! Grr. Can't wait to read the reviews though!

Ohh I am sure some HTGTH studs would protect you...  hihi
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »

I agree, I would be pissed too if I was Mike. ?There is something special about being at the 1st gig and watching Axl unveil the new line-up and possibly a new single.

Does anyone know if the 12th is confirmed and when tix go on sale
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 07:47:52 PM »

I can't be the only one concerned that Axl will blow off the shows on the 15th and 17th now..or even just the 15th (the only one that i will be able to go to.)

The 14th/15th is the only night they're playing back to back, and I have a feeling that will prove to be a problem for the band.

I have a feeling I'm going to be royally fucked come the 15th!

wel, run out and buy your next ticket being you got fucking screwed into thinking what you had was first..

I ran out to get tickets for the last two shows... yeah I always do that hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »

I agree, I would be pissed too if I was Mike. ?There is something special about being at the 1st gig and watching Axl unveil the new line-up and possibly a new single.

ding ding we have a winner give this man a cigar... That's the point, it's not like Im seeing some guy that tours or speaks ever, I wanted to be there to have it, instead I have old news tickets.. I'll enjoy the show but by trickery I bought the wrong tickets
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 07:50:08 PM »

4 dates at the same venue.  I hope they don't play the same set...

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 07:50:58 PM »

I agree, I would be pissed too if I was Mike.  There is something special about being at the 1st gig and watching Axl unveil the new line-up and possibly a new single.

ding ding we have a winner give this man a cigar... That's the point, it's not like Im seeing some guy that tours or speaks ever, I wanted to be there to have it, instead I have old news tickets.. I'll enjoy the show but by trickery I bought the wrong tickets

Sell your ones on the 15th and buy ones on the 12th...... you'll have no problem unloading the ones on the 15th.
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 07:52:08 PM »

Mike, why not just be happy you and some others are abe to go see GN'R in May?

because I bought tickets thinking those were the only shows, the first show was the 15th... If people can't see why this is wrong for some of us then I won't try explaining.. I have to take days off from work, but it was at least knowing I was going to see them first byt eh time I see them eevrything will be old news setlists news etc,.... I should have had the option to see them when I wanted not when tehy allowed me to..

people payed hundreds to brorkers because they wanted to see them first, now tehy have the third show, it's just wrong..

I 100% agree with you.  I'm pissed.  I'm also pissed that I killed myself trying to get tickets, which turned out to be MEZZ2 tickets, and now theres gonna be a ton of floor tickets available.  ARG!

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »

i like to think it would make sense for them to play back to back shows, bc when theyre in europe they ll be playing one night in one country only to fly to a different one and play the following night. so if they played back to back in ny at the same venue its not as challenging but they definetly need that confidence knowing they can perform at a high level on consecutive nights.

crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 07:52:19 PM »

The last thing GNR is gonna do is cancel these highly-hyped shows in NYC. They are obviously doing them to get alot of press and have fans come from all over. Their stock (touring wise) is still very low in America and thus they will be judged by their European and NYC dates to as their reliability. The promoters lost alot of money on the last tour and they are not going to do so again with some assurances and a bit of a track record.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 07:53:06 PM »

Better yet....all four shows will ROCK!  ok

To say what we are thinking.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »

I think all that needs to be said is Philadelphia.

Sold out show, insanely amazing show the night before at MSG, and then...a no-show.

Maybe I'm just a doubter because I was at the Philly show and saw this shit go down firsthand. I just hope I don't get screwed over by GN'R twice!  no

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 07:55:34 PM »

I agree, I would be pissed too if I was Mike.  There is something special about being at the 1st gig and watching Axl unveil the new line-up and possibly a new single.

I think the band should be afforded some slack - they certainly didnt have to add extra shows to give more fans an opportunity to see them, but they did and should be applauded for it.  Who knows what the details were...perhaps these were the only dates they could manage?  Besides, Im sure you can manage to trade your tickets with somebody from the 5/12 show.

I do see your point, I wanted to see the 15th show for the same reasons, but I dont think its anything to be that upset about.  Regardless of the date, youre going to see the band in a great, small setting - an opportunity we might not see again any time soon. 
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »

I wouldn't let my 19 year old go to Penn Station by himself either. ?Your dad is right. ?Smiley

I love the idea that they'll be sloppy the first couple of nights. ?These guys have had nothing to do but practice for about 10 years now. ?If they're sloppy that would be amazing.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »

Be glad you even get to see the band. To complain that they added more shows is severely fucked up imho.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 07:57:14 PM »

I think all that needs to be said is Philadelphia.

Sold out show, insanely amazing show the night before at MSG, and then...a no-show.

Maybe I'm just a doubter because I was at the Philly show and saw this shit go down firsthand. I just hope I don't get screwed over by GN'R twice!  no

-Gnr
+Clear Channel

They fucked up the tour with bullshit demands of Axl Rose.... trust me on this.
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »

I'm sure they only intended to play the 15th and 17th.  The two new dates were probably added after they saw just how pumped up the fans were, and they were probably the two dates that either fit in best with a) the band's schedule, or b) Hammerstein's schedule.  There's no reason to be upset.  The notion that some trickery was used is crazy.  They don't give a crap about doing that kind of thing.

And I wouldn't worry about Axl ditching one or both of the last two gigs.  The first four shows, at a place like Hammerstein in New York, which the fans are so pumped for, and with Axl's rep?  No way.

Put yourself in the shoes of guys who don't have tickets yet (like me!).  I'm just damn glad I still have a chance.  A few days ago all of us would have been happy to know we had just one ticket to any one of these shows.

a.k.a. KBear
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 07:58:29 PM »

Mike, why not just be happy you and some others are abe to go see GN'R in May?

because I bought tickets thinking those were the only shows, the first show was the 15th... If people can't see why this is wrong for some of us then I won't try explaining.. I have to take days off from work, but it was at least knowing I was going to see them first byt eh time I see them eevrything will be old news setlists news etc,.... I should have had the option to see them when I wanted not when tehy allowed me to..

people payed hundreds to brorkers because they wanted to see them first, now tehy have the third show, it's just wrong..

I 100% agree with you.? I'm pissed.? I'm also pissed that I killed myself trying to get tickets, which turned out to be MEZZ2 tickets, and now theres gonna be a ton of floor tickets available.? ARG!

you got fucked , let everyone not see the point.. they knew there was 4 shows, they should have told the first two first then the others.. Be funny if there is nonew shows added
So yeah, you fought for first dibs on higher seats when you could have bought those floor seats blindfolded for the third now

I just wanted to have the choice to pay for teh tickets I wanted to, not have to find out later my first show tickets are now teh third show..

chinese blues man you can't even see the point... They fuckin fooled the fans,. people spent hundreds on ebay for maybe some fucking shittier seat they could have bought easily..

i am not pissed they added shows ,usualyl added would mean shows later not before.. They knew this before the sale happened
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 07:58:41 PM »

Even though I agree - I'm not whining b/c I live close enough that I can change my plans and go on the 12th instead. ?What about some of these crazy people coming from all over the place who have bought plane tickets.

Rule #1 - never book plane tickets or hotel that is non-refundable when it comes to Uncle Axl.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: