Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: putting the new shows first is fucked up in my book  (Read 18264 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: April 20, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »

Think about all of us that ran out and bought multiple tickets(ticketmaster or ebay) and planned afairs to see them the 15th because we wanted the first crack at seeing the return, getting the news, hearing the material first, etc.. Why couldn't tehy had just added two shows instead of undercut the people who thought they had first crack ,now the true fans have to buy more fucking tickets instead of maybe just going the 15th or 17th.. ANother fucking rat race for tickets and more money spent and we got fucking tricked..
I have been nothing but positive and helpfull to everyone, but this is fucking bullshit plain and simple that are taking off work to see the other shows and missing shit that was in teh plans when the weekend was free.. Should have made the shows after not before or told all four at once.. rant
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:33:52 PM »

Think about all of us that ran out and bought multiple tickets(ticketmaster or ebay) and planned afairs to see them the 15th because we wanted the first crack at seeing the return, getting the news, hearing the material first, etc.. Why couldn't tehy had just added two shows instead of undercut the people who thought they had first crack ,now the true fans have to buy more fucking tickets instead of maybe just going the 15th or 17th.. ANother fucking rat race for tickets and more money spent and we got fucking tricked..
I have been nothing but positive and helpfull to everyone, but this is fucking bullshit plain and simple that are taking off work to see the other shows and missing shit that was in teh plans when the weekend was free.. Should have made the shows after not before or told all four at once.. rant
stop crying. ATLEAST YOU GET TO SEE THEM  Cry
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 07:34:31 PM »

Mike, why not just be happy you and some others are abe to go see GN'R in May?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:35:29 PM »

yeah, and now you may get to see them multiple times...   Cool
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »

I see what Mike is saying...

I'm just concerned that GNR might cancel the 15th and 17th now. They can very easily decide that they'll be rehearsed enough because of the 12th and 14th and cancel the last two. I have a feeling that's what's gonna happen.  nervous

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 07:36:21 PM »

When do we find out if the new shows are confirmed?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 07:37:35 PM »

I'm from Argentina dude, and I could offer Satan my two arms to see any of those concerts, and you're crying? No offenses dude, but you have to feel lucky... if you're pissed off, how do I and other fans from southamerica have to feel?

Be glad, you're going to be at a Guns N' Roses show. Enjoy it. We will have to keep praying and wait in the meantime.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 07:37:48 PM »

because I bought tickets thinking those were the only shows, the first show was the 15th... If people can't see why this is wrong for some of us then I won't try explaining.. I have to take days off from work, but it was at least knowing I was going to see them first byt eh time I see them eevrything will be old news setlists news etc,.... I should have had the option to see them when I wanted not when tehy allowed me to..

people payed hundreds to brorkers because they wanted to see them first, now tehy have the third show, it's just wrong..
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »

Hammerstein was booked after the 15th and 17th, and they need to get to Europe. SOOOO.... you either get a chance to buy more tickets to the 12th & 14th or you don't. What do you want? Do you want GN'R to cancel these ones so you can be the first to see them? Be glad you're going to anything at all. Perhaps the poor bastard you saw the other day who lives on the street saw an advertisement for one of the shows and he loves GN'R. Think about how envious he is of you that you get to go to one of the shows. Period. He doesn't. Furthermore, the 12th and 14th will really be warm-up shows compared to the 15th and 17th. By then they'll have perfected the sound, most of the songs, mic feedback areas, etc.

Many different ways to look at and respond to the way you're feeling right now. Is the cup half full or half empty? Be glad you can go for many reasons.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 07:39:38 PM »

they probebly underestimated the amount of interest in the 15th and 17th shows and realised that they didnt have the time to do 2 more shows after them coz of the arrangements in europe,so they had to book a couple more before them.

theres just no pleasin some fukin poeple is there ?rant

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 07:39:53 PM »

No offense, but Mike is entitled to feel this way, and to a great degree he is right. These shows were not just added today. They probably have been in works for awhile, but I highly doubt anyone had bad intentions. I agree with him on most points, I too spent a lot of effort, grief and hours getting my tickets to the Monday night shows justas he did. Also, I asked off work today for the 15/16 so I could fly from LA. I will be at the 1st show on the 12th now, which means I might sell my Mon night floorGA ticket.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 07:40:30 PM »

Quit crying man.....

What the little kids gonna have to do? hihi
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »

When do tix for the 12th go on sale?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 07:41:14 PM »

I had no problem waiting for a usa tour, I was like cool,at rio I would find out the news... I just don't like how after I mapped out my plans as many others did that we could had been told about weekends show that were first.. I just souldn't have went monday and weds if I knew about the other shows.. I made sure to be online to get tickets to the first shows, so now I am kind of pissed.. Plus you neevr know with ax;l, anything can happen, the shows can be gone by then..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 07:42:21 PM »

No offense, but Mike is entitled to feel this way, and to a great degree he is right. These shows were not just added today. They probably have been in works for awhile, but I highly doubt anyone had bad intentions. I agree with him on most points, I too spent a lot of effort, grief and hours getting my tickets to the Monday night shows justas he did. Also, I asked off work today for the 15/16 so I could fly from LA. I will be at the 1st show on the 12th now, which means I might sell my Mon night floorGA ticket.

thanks you are the only one who gets it...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 07:43:40 PM »

Nah, I understand your flustration dude, you wanted to be there for the opener and get the surprise... and paid good money to do so. But, you're still getting to see guns dude!!!
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »

The good news is - there are now going to be a bunch of May 15th tickets on Ebay - probably for less than $200. ?Now, the people that wanted to see them that didn't get the presale tickets can go on Ebay and pick up 15th tickets for $100-$125 a piece probably. ?And you and I can buy the May 12th tickets. ?Everyone is happy.

But I agree - it's a major inconvenience.  But that's Axl Rose.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »

i think its best that you and a couple of others are pissed off coz your plans got screwed than the other 7000 poeple not getting a chance at getting to see em. peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 07:45:15 PM »

Mike, while I completely see why you're pissed off, there's some of us here who can't even get to the shows. Sad Damn my stupid friends who don't want to/can't go and the fact that even though I'm 19, my parents don't want me at Penn Station myself! Grr. Can't wait to read the reviews though!

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 07:45:22 PM »

I agree with ya Mike. ?If I bought a ticket for the 15th, got all excited about being among the first to witness GNR 2006 take off, then find out all of a sudden theres going to be dates before at the same venue after i bought my ticket...that would kind of suck.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: