Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who's playing with Axl?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's playing with Axl?  (Read 8501 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 12:42:32 AM »

So the first show is only a few weeks away and they still don't have a lead guitarist? Good lord!
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 02:10:21 AM »

they have lead guitarrist, just not the "killer" kind of lead guitarrist.

If you analyze the 2002 tour, BH definitevely kicked ass, although i found him kinda stupid, i admit that he played the more difficult GN?R solos, and did it with a great level and actually, yes, he improved some of them. As for fortus he did a good job playing the solos he played, but finck.......... damn, just made me sad, couldn?t reach the slash?s level in any single solo..... well he did decently in the SCOM intro... at least hihi and yes he?s a fucking freak, sorry, don?t like him, thanx to him and probably BH, people called it the axl?s circus at some point, so go guess

i also think that if there?s going to be a surprise, like slash in the band, which i doubt it, it may not be in these shows, but most likely in the Rock in Lisbon gig.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 02:16:41 AM »

The band are actively looking for a new guitarist

how do you know that??? you dont know that.....
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 04:45:05 AM »

There is no way the line up is not set at this point, they would not have confirmed dates this close if there was any doubt about who is playing. They need to blow people away this time. Sloppy performances with a guitarist who's been playing the the band for 2 weeks will not work.
shaun
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 06:13:07 AM »

.  .. ...the demons in his head thats who Grin
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 07:24:03 AM »

Hillel Slovak.  Nice name.  He was great.

you're damn right he was! Wink

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »

I think they have a 3rd guitarist, but they're keeping it quiet.  And I'm not entirely confident that the 3rd guitarist would be at the New York dates, just to fuck with the fans a little more.  Everyone would come back from the shows and say "there's no 3rd guitarist, what a rip off!"  Meanwhile, there's a "surprise" announced for Lisbon.  Do you think they'd blow the surprise two weeks early in New York?  I'd doubt it.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 07:54:51 AM »

Everyone would come back from the shows and say "there's no 3rd guitarist, what a rip off!"?

What? So if there was not a 3rd guitar player you would consider it to be a "rip off"? What about Robin and Richard man? they don't count for you?
Besides as far as I know, the band or Axl or the Management have never said "there will have a 3rd guitar player", they have never promized anything on that, that's just fans speculations. If it didn't happen, I personately wouldn't consider it as a "rip off" at all.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:08:25 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 07:58:13 AM »

I'm not going...

But people are expecting a surprise in New York and I don't think it's happening, that's all I'm saying.  And if there's a 3rd guitarist and he's not announced by the New York dates, I don't expect him to be there.  I'm sure some people will be disappointed about that, nesquick.

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »

The band are actively looking for a new guitarist

how do you know that??? you dont know that.....

Yes I do.  ok hihi
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 08:01:41 AM »

I'm not going...

But people are expecting a surprise in New York and I don't think it's happening, that's all I'm saying.? And if there's a 3rd guitarist and he's not announced by the New York dates, I don't expect him to be there.? I'm sure some people will be disappointed about that, nesquick.

I don't think so. People won't go to the show to see who the 3rd guitar player is, that will not be their main interest. People will go to the show to listen to GNR music, to see Axl and the band. They will enjoy it, and you will see the following day the HTGH fans reviews will be awesome, 3rd guitar player, or not. That's not that important.? A 3rd guitar player is not vital for the band. It might be "a plus" (or not), but the legacy of the band or the music or anything else doesn't depend on whether we will see a 3rd guitar player or not. This band can continue and rock like motherfuckers with 2 guitar players, 1 bass player, 1 drummer, 2 keyboardists and Mr Axl Rose himself.

Don't consider a (possible) 3rd guitar player as the messiah.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:12:09 AM by nesquick » Logged

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 08:08:43 AM »

This band can continue and rock like motherfuckers with 2 guitar players.

That remains to be seen.  Original GNR could have done it.  We haven't seen this incarnation of GNR with 2 guitarists, they've yet to prove themselves as a 2 guitarist band.  I'm not saying that Finck and Fortus can't handle it, I just haven't heard them as a 2-man unit.  And neither has anyone else in here for that matter.  Meanwhile, the new songs were written for 3 guitarists.  Certainly, if they have been actively pursuing a 3rd guitarist, they have not been prepared to function as a 2 guitarist band.  That may have all changed over the past few weeks and the songs may have been reworked, but as of yet it remains to be seen if they can and will function with 2 guitar players.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 08:10:58 AM »

"The Blues" worked great with 2 guitar players in 2002  ok

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 08:24:16 AM »

Well just to add fuel to the fire......

If the band is rehearsing in L.A. now, it is interesting that Buckethead has a few solo dates in San Diego (I'm going), L.A., and San Jose this week.

I doubt he's in, but its an interesting coincidence.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 08:25:04 AM »

"The Blues" worked great with 2 guitar players in 2002? ok

One song out of how many? at least 11? ? ok

I'd like to hear what they can do if they choose to go the 2 guitarist route. ?I just don't think it will happen for the full tour. ?It may or may not happen in New York, and people would either like it or dislike it (you know not everyone will agree). ?I tend to think that the lineup may not be complete at New York, contrary to common belief here. ?If there's a surprise announced for RIR, I can't see them blowing it in New York... unless the surprise is something totally different. ?But of course, those are just my thoughts.
 peace

yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 08:27:48 AM »

maybe the surprise is Tracy and Roberta are back?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 08:29:09 AM »

With or without a third guitarist in nyc I would be happy... I just don't want to hear buckethead's parts played unlike how they would sound on cd..
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 08:31:06 AM »

With or without a third guitarist in nyc I would be happy... I just don't want to hear buckethead's parts played unlike how they would sound on cd..

Without a third guitarist the only way you'll hear the songs played how they will sound on CD is if all Buckets parts have been re-recorded.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 08:46:51 AM »

So the first show is only a few weeks away and they still don't have a lead guitarist? Good lord!

Exactly.  It's a recipe for disaster.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 10:23:29 AM »

They don't have one that we know of.

If Buckethead's parts stay on the album it's crucial they get a third guy in to cover that. I'm sorry but Finck and Fortus certainly don't have the chops to handle those parts. Great guitar players, but no. Buckethead is, for all intents and purposes, a gimmick guitarists. He stands out not only because he's a wierdo with a bucket on his head, but because he can shred the fuck out of a guitar like few other people can. His allure would have worn off a long time ago if anyone could play like that.

They need a "technique" guy to handle those parts. Fortus? He's too much in that Stones/Izzy kind of vibe, more feel than technique. Finck? Judging from what I have heard him play already there's no way he can play that fast either, he's much more melodic and not as much into flash as Buckethead was.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: