Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who's playing with Axl?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's playing with Axl?  (Read 8500 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« on: April 20, 2006, 06:46:59 PM »

You would think sometime soon we would find out who is going to be with him.  Hopefully, we find out in the next 10 days.  Mysteron?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »

We'll know by May 13th Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 06:55:07 PM »

Richard Fortus for sure? - all the GNR tour dates are on his website
Robin Finck (I guess)
Tommy Stinson
Dizzy Reed (The good old Dizzy, 16 years in GNR)
Brain (??)
Pittman (??)

and maybe, maybe, maybe a possible special guest (Slash? Izzy? Duff? Matt?). But it's unlikely.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 06:57:06 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:02:45 PM »

That is the one million dollars question  ok

we have to wait and see...

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »

I just hope Brain is still the drummer. Lots of people don't really see how much important a good drummer is in a Rock band. It's definitely a key force.
Drummers are always very underrated.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 07:09:25 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 07:10:51 PM »

You would think sometime soon we would find out who is going to be with him.? Hopefully, we find out in the next 10 days.? Mysteron?

Band line up is same as 2002 minus Buckethead.

The band are actively looking for a new guitarist - although no one has been confirmed yet.  ok
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 07:13:49 PM »

must be a kick in the face for robin and richard, or not? i mean, can't they handle buckets parts?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 07:20:50 PM »

as long as axl is there it doesn't really matter to me anyways, I couldn't tell you who was up there anyways..
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 07:23:12 PM »

I just hope Brain is still the drummer. Lots of people don't really see how much important a good drummer is in a Rock band. It's definitely a key force.
Drummers are always very underrated.

brain's in!

now you know me better
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »

Anyone think a good band to play with GNR is Atreyu .... i think its a killer combo but thats my own opinion i also like the idea of avenged playing beer

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 08:57:11 PM »

must be a kick in the face for robin and richard, or not? i mean, can't they handle buckets parts?

No, they can't.  It's not that Finck and Fortus aren't good or talented players, but Buckethead's one of the most talented guitarists ever to play and that's not an exagerration.  His precision and speed, along with versatility are all very high and he's also a great writer.  Fortus and Finck are skilled players and good songwriters, but are not capable of playing Buckethead's parts.  That's not really an insult, it's just the plain truth, there aren't many people out there capable of playing the way Buckethead does
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 09:01:33 PM »

No, they can't.  It's not that Finck and Fortus aren't good or talented players, but Buckethead's one of the most talented guitarists ever to play and that's not an exagerration.  His precision and speed, along with versatility are all very high and he's also a great writer.  Fortus and Finck are skilled players and good songwriters, but are not capable of playing Buckethead's parts.  That's not really an insult, it's just the plain truth, there aren't many people out there capable of playing the way Buckethead does

yep, it's the truth.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 09:07:53 PM »

Hillel Slovak.  Nice name.  He was great.
Bono
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 09:10:09 PM »

I think it'd rock if Soul Asylum opend for Guns. Tommy will be there anyways so why not bring the rest of Soul Asylum along hihi. Plus Soul Asylum are an amazing live act.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »

No, they can't.? It's not that Finck and Fortus aren't good or talented players, but Buckethead's one of the most talented guitarists ever to play and that's not an exagerration.? His precision and speed, along with versatility are all very high and he's also a great writer.? Fortus and Finck are skilled players and good songwriters, but are not capable of playing Buckethead's parts.? That's not really an insult, it's just the plain truth, there aren't many people out there capable of playing the way Buckethead does

yep, it's the truth.

what the hell r u talking about?? firstly "bucketheads" parts are mostly slash's parts and finck and fortus can easily handle that. Secondly, if ur talking about bucketheads parts on the new songs, theres certainly nothing ive heard in any live new guns n roses song that bucket played that they can't handle. Sure bucket's good, but he hasnt done anything that the other two cant play. I mean im sure finck and fortus could play anything buckethead could - maybe they couldnt create it - but they could copy it, like all good guitarists. (except satriani nobody can copy him cept steve vai)

ANyway i personally think they should get tracii guns. i mean we'll never see slash in guns again realisticly. so the guitarists should be tracii guns and izzy. i dont mind fortus but i hate finck. coz hes UGLY and a FREAK
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:15:25 PM by m_rated96 » Logged
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 09:45:23 PM »

No, they can't.? It's not that Finck and Fortus aren't good or talented players, but Buckethead's one of the most talented guitarists ever to play and that's not an exagerration.? His precision and speed, along with versatility are all very high and he's also a great writer.? Fortus and Finck are skilled players and good songwriters, but are not capable of playing Buckethead's parts.? That's not really an insult, it's just the plain truth, there aren't many people out there capable of playing the way Buckethead does

yep, it's the truth.

what the hell r u talking about?? firstly "bucketheads" parts are mostly slash's parts and finck and fortus can easily handle that. Secondly, if ur talking about bucketheads parts on the new songs, theres certainly nothing ive heard in any live new guns n roses song that bucket played that they can't handle. Sure bucket's good, but he hasnt done anything that the other two cant play. I mean im sure finck and fortus could play anything buckethead could - maybe they couldnt create it - but they could copy it, like all good guitarists. (except satriani nobody can copy him cept steve vai)

ANyway i personally think they should get tracii guns. i mean we'll never see slash in guns again realisticly. so the guitarists should be tracii guns and izzy. i dont mind fortus but i hate finck. coz hes UGLY and a FREAK

WHAT??? YOU HATE FINCK COZ HES UGLY!!!!!! GET A FUKIN LIFE!!!!! rant

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »

yep, it's the truth.

Finck and Fortus couldn't play his parts on some of the new songs, particularly the IRS solo and the Better fills and center solo, as well as the outro on TWAT particularly the middle section of it

Another positive that Buckethead made was his fresh take on the solos in old songs that was as good as if not better than the original.  Witness November Rain, where Finck and Fortus are shaky in their recreations of Slash's solos while Buckethead nails the outro, or on Nightrain when Buckethead takes the solo to new levels and IMO played a better solo than the original.  Buckethead at the very least played the solos on the old songs as well as Slash did, Finck and Fortus did great on some, but on NR and SCOM the solos were not as good as they would've been if Buckethead had played them all
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 09:53:18 PM »

Buckethead is one of the most phemonanally underrated guitarists of all time...seeing him with Guns N' Roses was one of the best treats of my life. It was an amazing combo...althought I'd take Slash over him any day of the week.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
CTgirl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 10:05:28 PM »

I'd like to play with AXL love Anyway,whoever they have,I have faith that he/she will be amazing.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 10:15:51 PM »

WHAT?Huh THERES A HE/SHE IN THE BAND!!!!!!   and poeple said bucket was strange,imagine havin a he/she in the band. hihi

on topic:

fortus
            finck
            dizzy
            brain
            tommy
            pittman?
            possible third guitarist (im hopin for john 5) and it WONT be Slash.although i would wet my grundies if it was  yes

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: