Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:39:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 86 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details  (Read 185339 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1200 on: April 19, 2006, 02:12:51 PM »

so there will be 2 passwords for tomorrow (1 for 9am and 1 for 11am)Huh

AND if that's true, is the 11am password more secure at this point (i.e. not in the hands of scalpers)Huh

Actually, the 11A password is pretty well known at this point - so yeah, I'd tend to say its in the hand of scalpers.? Sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

-darknemus

oh ok. thanks dark!

2 more questions....

1. how does Mr. Intensity know it, but no one else does?

2. is the 9am presale through ticketmaster, and the 11am presale through Live Nation?

(thanks to whoever can answer these....i'm away for a few hours and it's tough to get caught up! ?ok)

I'll tackle #2.

Both presales will be using ticketmaster. ?Both, really, are being run through Live Nation (the promoter of the gig). ?One uses the forum password, one uses a password sent out to Live Nation newsletter subs in the NYC area.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
makane
Legend

« Reply #1201 on: April 19, 2006, 02:14:21 PM »

Wouldn't it been better, if there was a website where you needed the password to acces (which would be sended ~day before), and inside the website is the password to buy the ticket? And you wouldn't been able to acces the website untill 1 hour before the sale begins?
I guess it could prevent few scalpers? Roll Eyes or something like that...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:15:58 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1202 on: April 19, 2006, 02:16:15 PM »

Wouldn't it been better, if there was a website where you needed the password to acces (which would be sended ~day before), and inside the website is the password to buy the ticket? And you wouldn't been able to acces the website untill 1 hour before the sale begins?
I guess it could prevent few scalpers? Roll Eyes

Would have been better if everyone had been sent a unique one-time password.

Would've, could've, should've.... 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1203 on: April 19, 2006, 02:17:46 PM »

How does the password work, will there be a section on ticketmaster that says enter password, then it will allow you to order tickets?

makane
Legend

« Reply #1204 on: April 19, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »

I guess it could prevent few scalpers? Roll Eyes

Would have been better if everyone had been sent a unique one-time password.

Would've, could've, should've....?

Ye, ie. username: your email, password: the unique password of your own.
but as you said, should've and could've I guess.. ?Tongue

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1205 on: April 19, 2006, 02:19:44 PM »

How will you guys (Mr.Intensity et.al ) decide who gets the 11 am password tomorrow. In other words, how would we prove to you that we received the 9 am password. Will you guys set up a list? How is this going to work? I thought i saw it mentioned in an earlier post that you might take PMs around 10:30 for the 11-1 (non-forum) password

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #1206 on: April 19, 2006, 02:20:02 PM »

ok i'm a user of MygnR since March '05 and now wondering these emails that everyone is recieving, are they all being sent by live nation or by Heretodaygonetohell?
Because the email i recieved with the password is from Live Nation. So I'm wondering what time is the presale to which my password corresponds with?
I'm just going a bit panicky right now and need some reassurance seeing i've already booked Airplane Tickets, Hotel Room Accomidations and Scored Yankee Tickets against the A's for that weekend.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Bono
« Reply #1207 on: April 19, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

When we're talking about the 11am and 9am presales we're talkin Eastern times right? ?What's the 11am password? ?Just in case I miss out somehow tomorow at 9am
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1208 on: April 19, 2006, 02:24:18 PM »

thanks pilferk!

one thing i want to mention in case it has not been brought up....

I beleive (hopefully someone can confirm/deny this) that Ticketmaster cancels ALL orders if you make 2 or more purchases to the same event, on the same credit card/mailing address. ?

If this is true, we would have to make sure we do not order 4 during one pre-sale and 4 more during the second (at least not on the same name/credit card/mailing address).

does anyone know if this is true??

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1209 on: April 19, 2006, 02:25:54 PM »

How will you guys (Mr.Intensity et.al ) decide who gets the 11 am password tomorrow. In other words, how would we prove to you that we received the 9 am password. Will you guys set up a list? How is this going to work? I thought i saw it mentioned in an earlier post that you might take PMs around 10:30 for the 11-1 (non-forum) password

Anyone who sends me a PM tomorrow after Mr I sends it to me gets it...provided you've been registered on this forum for more than a couple of weeks.  I don't think it has anything to do with having the 9AM password.  At least, I think that's the parameter he wants used.  I'm sure he'll let me know as the time draws closer.

Together again,
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1210 on: April 19, 2006, 02:26:13 PM »

ok i'm a user of MygnR since March '05 and now wondering these emails that everyone is recieving, are they all being sent by live nation or by Heretodaygonetohell?
Because the email i recieved with the password is from Live Nation. So I'm wondering what time is the presale to which my password corresponds with?
I'm just going a bit panicky right now and need some reassurance seeing i've already booked Airplane Tickets, Hotel Room Accomidations and Scored Yankee Tickets against the A's for that weekend.

Read the email - look closely at it and it should tell you the pre-sale time.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1211 on: April 19, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »

Rockandrolldemon:

The email from live nation gives the presale time.  I'm assuming you got the one for the 9AM presale...

Bono,

Yes, eastern times.

Together again,
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1212 on: April 19, 2006, 02:29:27 PM »

Anyone who sends me a PM tomorrow after Mr I sends it to me gets it...provided you've been registered on this forum for more than a couple of weeks.? I don't think it has anything to do with having the 9AM password.? At least, I think that's the parameter he wants used.? I'm sure he'll let me know as the time draws closer.

Thanks Pilferk, just making sure. I have the 9 am password, but since you are a "senior member" of the forum, I am interested in what you think our chances of getting tickets to even one show are now, based on the "leaks" of the 9 am password?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Bono
« Reply #1213 on: April 19, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »

Just out of curiosity why are any of you booking flights and hotels before you have tickets to the show? It's all good I'm just curious as to why you would do that. beer

Thanks for the answer on the times pilferk ?ok
nadia
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1214 on: April 19, 2006, 02:31:44 PM »

Ok, ok, I feel like I lost track of stuff.... So now the p. for 11 is around? And how? confused
BigDeech
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1215 on: April 19, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »

pilferk, would you send the pass to me tomorrow if I contacted you? I've only been here for a little bit but was at mygnr. Thats how I got the first pass. But I prefer this place better so I'm going to stay here. I expect to get tickets for the first presale but I was going to help out and get more if I could to give out to others.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1216 on: April 19, 2006, 02:35:31 PM »

this is probably the dumbest question but what website to go to for the presale Lips Sealed Embarrassed
yeah, call me mud Undecided
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1217 on: April 19, 2006, 02:36:42 PM »

Thanks Pilferk, just making sure. I have the 9 am password, but since you are a "senior member" of the forum, I am interested in what you think our chances of getting tickets to even one show are now, based on the "leaks" of the 9 am password?

Worse than they would have been had the password not gotten out there. ?Grin

It's a crapshoot, just like it always is with Ticketmaster. ?You're playing the lottery...what the odds are, I have no idea.

Hopefully, we'll have enough numbers, out in force, to lock out some of the scalpers. ?That's, at this point, provided nothing changes, the best we can hope for.

Together again,
nadia
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1218 on: April 19, 2006, 02:37:12 PM »

Actually, the 11A password is pretty well known at this point - so yeah, I'd tend to say its in the hand of scalpers.? Sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

-darknemus

Well, but who got the 11A pw?
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #1219 on: April 19, 2006, 02:37:27 PM »

Did everyone get a password? I'm still waiting. The all thing i got was a link with a gn'r poster on it. But no password Undecided

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15