Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details  (Read 184168 times)
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2006, 01:43:04 PM »

im actually a little disturbed by people trying to snatch tickets for both nights only because 1)youve seen the show already, and 2) your stealing the chance for another person to see guns.

but the people here who are die hard have every right to see them as many times as possible.. I am only going one night though, but if I was able to make it twice I would.. This is like haley's comet...

so your saying im not die hard because im not trying to steal another board members chance at a show?

i understand that every time guns plays there is that chance that it will be the last time for awhile, thats why i said what i said. almost everyone ive heard talk about buying tickets has talked about buying for both days, if thats how it works out then a lot less of us will make it to the show.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »

im actually a little disturbed by people trying to snatch tickets for both nights only because 1)youve seen the show already, and 2) your stealing the chance for another person to see guns.

but the people here who are die hard have every right to see them as many times as possible.. I am only going one night though, but if I was able to make it twice I would.. This is like haley's comet...

so your saying im not die hard because im not trying to steal another board members chance at a show?

i understand that every time guns plays there is that chance that it will be the last time for awhile, thats why i said what i said. almost everyone ive heard talk about buying tickets has talked about buying for both days, if thats how it works out then a lot less of us will make it to the show.

This is sounding like the listen to leaks vs. don't listen to leaks argument

Its like I could say, only people from the tri state area should go, but I donno I guess

Annie
« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2006, 01:44:22 PM »

I think between myself and others, we can probably scrounge together an extra ticket for each night.? Once the presale goes down, let's revisit the situation.? In other words, if I am in on the presale, don't worry? ok
You are so kind! Cheesy
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2006, 01:48:20 PM »

I think between myself and others, we can probably scrounge together an extra ticket for each night.? Once the presale goes down, let's revisit the situation.? In other words, if I am in on the presale, don't worry? ok
You are so kind! Cheesy

This may be a good reason to buy for both days.  If I can get tix and have extra I will re-sell them at face value as well.  If everyone here is all set I'm sure I won't have a prob getting rid of them any way. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2006, 01:48:38 PM »

Look at how excited we all are right now, and nobody even has tix yet (ok, maybe some people do but whatever)....i can only imagine the bombardment of new posts the nights before, during and after each show.  The server might come down.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #525 on: April 18, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »

Its like I could say, only people from the tri state area should go, but I donno I guess

i wouldnt go that far at all.

maybe im just nervous/paranoid. ?ive been a huge fan since '86. i was always to young to go to the shows pre-new guns. i bought tickets for philly and two days later in washington in '02, and we all know how that turned out.

im just concerned that some peoples greed will lock out my chance at tickets, and the chance of other people as well.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »

I'll be honest, if you were one of my good friends and I knew you loved Guns and missed the first show and I was there. I'd happily sell you my ticket at face value for the 2nd show. However, I am just doing what is allowed by management, I want to see Gnr on both nights, so I am going to buy tickets to both shows. I'll have no way of determining how big a fan is, so I doubt I'll be giving up my tickets to the 2nd night. However, I am fighting tooth and nail behind the scenes and in public on this board to get everyone to buy tickets to both shows because I know we'll make sure they end up in the hands of true fans on this board!!!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #527 on: April 18, 2006, 01:53:06 PM »

maybe im just nervous/paranoid.  ive been a huge fan since '86. i was always to young to go to the shows pre-new guns. i bought tickets for philly and two days later in washington in '02, and we all know how that turned out.

im just concerned that some peoples greed will lock out my chance at tickets, and the chance of other people as well.

look don't try to sound like you care about the other fans, you should have stopped right there.  Its ok that you are concerned, but like others have said, the opportunity is there and we are all going to take advantage of it.  If you dont want to, then that is your choice, but I am going to do what I want to do.  Call me selfish or whatever, I dont really care, but my friends and I are going to have a great fucking time if I get 4 tickets for both shows.
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #528 on: April 18, 2006, 01:53:13 PM »

I'll be honest, if you were one of my good friends and I knew you loved Guns and missed the first show and I was there. I'd happily sell you my ticket at face value for the 2nd show. However, I am just doing what is allowed by management, I want to see Gnr on both nights, so I am going to buy tickets to both shows. I'll have no way of determining how big a fan is, so I doubt I'll be giving up my tickets to the 2nd night. However, I am fighting tooth and nail behind the scenes and in public on this board to get everyone to buy tickets to both shows because I know we'll make sure they end up in the hands of true fans on this board!!!

and i understand that and that is cool of you, like i said, im just concerned.

i think im also worried because i have hotmail, and their email servers are crap and go down a lot (like mine has right now).

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2006, 01:53:55 PM »

and only for die hard fans who work there ass off over the weekend to make enough money to buy tickets and then work shit out with college profs to take some finals at different times to free up enough time to drive 8 hours to nyc from the true upstate ny...yeah I am gonna be pretty damn pissed if after all of this I am not able to go to the show becuase all the tickets sold out before I could get any and yet a lot of people will prolly get a bunch of tickets to each show...

but either way I guess it is everyone's right to get tickets to both shows, and prolly even the third if it anounced, but really wouldn't you feel even remotly guilty going to 2 shows instead of giving up a few tickets to the other show so another die hard fan could see the band as well...

i guess come the time when the tickets go on sale everyone is gonna go ape nuts and try to get tickets...
and my unlucky ass will prolly be left in the dust...

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #530 on: April 18, 2006, 01:57:44 PM »

maybe im just nervous/paranoid.? ive been a huge fan since '86. i was always to young to go to the shows pre-new guns. i bought tickets for philly and two days later in washington in '02, and we all know how that turned out.

look don't try to sound like you care about the other fans, you should have stopped right there.? Its ok that you are concerned, but like others have said, the opportunity is there and we are all going to take advantage of it.? If you dont want to, then that is your choice, but I am going to do what I want to do.? Call me selfish or whatever, I dont really care, but my friends and I are going to have a great fucking time if I get 4 tickets for both shows.

obviously you do care or you wouldnt have lashed out.

and yes i am concerned about my chances, but ive also aknowledged several times that if any back up plans i have lead to extra tickets then i will be giving them to people on this board. also i helped illusionone develope the members list in an effort to get tickets to as many fans as possible.

so i have also proven that i am looking out for the fans here.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #531 on: April 18, 2006, 01:58:56 PM »

We are blessed with the opportunity to get tix in the first place before the general public. ?I hope we don't have to cut each others throats over it, but I know people will if it comes down to it. ?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #532 on: April 18, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »

Guys, are we really going to get pissy over this, settle down and let what happens happen.

We've done all we can do.. we got 3 chances to get tickets.

1)Pre-Sale
2)Regular Sale
3)Board Members who have extra
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #533 on: April 18, 2006, 02:00:22 PM »

Guys, are we really going to get pissy over this, settle down and let what happens happen.

1)Pre-Sale
2)Regular Sale

4. 200 - 2000 per ticket via scalp
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #534 on: April 18, 2006, 02:01:10 PM »

We are blessed with the opportunity to get tix in the first place before the general public.  I hope we don't have to cut each others throats over it, but I know people will if it come down to it. 

I agree....I think people commenting on "who deserves tickets more" and "there should be ticket limits so I have a better chance of getting tickets" should just keep in mind that at least now we  seem to have a pretty good chance of getting tickets in the first place.  I'm truly grateful just for the opportunity.  If I wind up not getting them, I'm not going to point fingers and curse the heavens, I'll just have to try another way or fork over some serious change.  Its all in how bad you want it.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #535 on: April 18, 2006, 02:01:38 PM »

1)Pre-Sale
2)Regular Sale

im not pissy, i just wanted to point out that 95% of the people here have talked about buying for both nights. what happens happens, who knows, this might be factored into the presale mailing stuff.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #536 on: April 18, 2006, 02:01:45 PM »

I don't understand how the pre sale will work, I mean we all want tix, and Im sure there are just as many people on the other boards that want tix too, ?are they going to limit the number of tix the put on sale during the presale?

I ve never seen GNR before, so like many of you I am very anxious to see how its all goign to work out

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #537 on: April 18, 2006, 02:02:26 PM »

I do not think they would send out a seperate password for each member. I think that would be awesome and ensure that we , the true die-hard Gunners get the tickets. To everyone who is being cool, about the extras that they plan on getting , you guys get much respect. That being said, anyone who is lucky enough to get extras for the 15th, please keep me in mind! I know this question has been asked, but I have been doing the math in my head. For arguments sake, lets say the password goes to 3,000 people (is that number way off?) If so, and each attempts to buy 4 that is more than the total number of tickets period, let alone the pre-sale. Any thoughts?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
sandman
Legend

« Reply #538 on: April 18, 2006, 02:02:54 PM »

everyone has a right to go to both shows. and this board and management have done alot to help us out. hopefully no one misses out, but there is no perfect system to ensure that does not happen.

BUT, if it gets to the point where tix are being "shared" among board members, we should try to ensure that ALL board members get at least 1 ticket to one of the shows, BEFORE anyone shares tix with someone who has tix to one of the shows, OR who has 2 tix but wants 4 total (so their friends can go).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #539 on: April 18, 2006, 02:03:05 PM »

I don't understand how the pre sale will work, I mean we all want tix, and Im sure there are just as many people on the other boards that want tix too, ?are they going to limit the number of tix the put on sale during the presale?

I ve never seen GNR before, so like many of you I am very anxious to see how its all goign to work out

typically a set number is set aside for the presale based on demand. once the presale sells out you have to take your chances during the regular sale.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: