Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:26:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details  (Read 183995 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2006, 05:38:48 AM »

Honestly I only know one thing and that is teh fans wil be the most die hard ever at a gnr concert... Long over do.....Most fans are people of the times, you love  a band growing up they break up you grow up etc.. This is a whole different thing, a cult following of a totally inactive band dying for one album, a morsel of new material, or a spoken word from axl rose..

Will you hear the new single
 will it be mostly newer music
will it be older music with a touch of new
what will axl say

it's very fuzzy what will happe ,it could be the day of a lifetime or just another gnr type concert... Remains to be seen, but there will be no shortage of fan energy
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2006, 07:05:59 AM »

and on that I Totally agree. Its gonna be someting much unlike the past, somethign I dont think any band from the day and age back them can ever even dream about. face it , this hs got to mean alot to all those invlolved. And my hats of to Axl, cause when this journey ends for us fans , as far as speculation, debates about braids , fat , skinny, raspy voice , "new voice"etc,  no better way to ahve real fans through and through to make the call . And if axl and co. are up to the challenge than I as always will be to support, havent been let down thus far. Even in inacativity. Chalked it up to life.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #382 on: April 18, 2006, 08:31:17 AM »

Did I miss something. I see some people mentioning 11:00 AM Easter Standard Time on Thursday, April 20th for the presale. Has this been confirmed? Are people receiving emails yet with passwords or any info? Or are we all still waiting to hear?

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #383 on: April 18, 2006, 08:48:05 AM »

I've received nothing....8:45 AM Eastern time, I should know, I live in eastern time Tongue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #384 on: April 18, 2006, 08:57:08 AM »

Did I miss something. I see some people mentioning 11:00 AM Easter Standard Time on Thursday, April 20th for the presale. Has this been confirmed? Are people receiving emails yet with passwords or any info? Or are we all still waiting to hear?

Presale date is confirmed (11 AM ET on the 20th)

Passwords won't go out until AFTER the deadline has passed, at least (about 3 more hours to go).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #385 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:42 AM »

Going to the Wednesday show!  Hopefully, there is a pre-show party for the 17th!!!  Moreover, it would be an honour to meet Biff!!! 
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #386 on: April 18, 2006, 09:26:02 AM »

Going to the Wednesday show!  Hopefully, there is a pre-show party for the 17th!!!  Moreover, it would be an honour to meet Biff!!! 

Sorry, the Biffster won't be there for the 17th.  When you're the only person at your job that does what you do and you've got about 40+ people depending on you at any given time, its never easy to take much time off.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #387 on: April 18, 2006, 09:53:34 AM »

Going to the Wednesday show!? Hopefully, there is a pre-show party for the 17th!!!? Moreover, it would be an honour to meet Biff!!!?

Sorry, the Biffster won't be there for the 17th.? When you're the only person at your job that does what you do and you've got about 40+ people depending on you at any given time, its never easy to take much time off.

-darknemus

Yup, I'm in the same boat.

I live pretty close (CT) and work VERY close to a train station, which means I'm about an hour ride away from NYC every day.

But I just can't swing that much time off.  I'm taking a 1/2 day on Monday and have gotten work to approve Tuesday off...but I just can't get them to approve any more than that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #388 on: April 18, 2006, 09:58:20 AM »

Just finished reading the 20 pages of posts. Thanks to Mysteron and Jarmo!!! You guys really are "the stuff" and I am proud to be a new member of HTGTH. Got the word from my other message board.

age 37....volume always at 10
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #389 on: April 18, 2006, 10:09:49 AM »

I don't see a lot of moshing at all either, but I do see it being uncomfortable in the trenches, but thats any GA show with a hard rock band.? I dont think anyone here will be an asshole, but thats a handful out of a few thousand.? Then again, you give anyone booze from 11am to 6pm and they have potential to be totally insane by 9pm Wink hahah.
Lets hope its just all die hards who are there for the show and the music, and not the spectacle of a rock show (moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing).? Part of me wishes it was seated just to stake out your own little space (not that anyone will be sitting) but then again in a small venue, GA is just going to add to the energy.? Overall, I could care less, i just want to be there.

I saw STP at Irving Plaza a few years ago and it was really really annoying keeping half your attention on the stage, the other on your self - the pushing and shoving got old quick.? We found our spot eventually and just enjoyed the show.? A lot of that dies down after the first hour or so, people get tired hahaa.

God I sound like an old jaded man hahaha.? Then again I'll be 30 years old by the time this show rolls around....what the F is that about! Wink
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:25:31 AM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2006, 10:13:48 AM »

The December 29th Vegas show I went to was GA on the floor.  I can't remember if the balcony was seated or not.  There was a lot of pushing up near the stage, but it was worth it.  I was able to get right up near the stage, and it was amazing.  These new York shows should be unbelievable with the size of the venue and the energy of the crowd.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2006, 10:17:47 AM »

Jarmo, please don't get upset I posted this in the thread again. I went back and deleted my previous post on page 15 as I have made updates to the information.

Greetings,

I am planning a pre-party for the 15th and the 17th for this event currently scheduled to take place at Mustang Harry's which is about 5 minutes walking distance from Hammerstein Ballroom. I will now for surely be able to attend both shows as I have decided to cancel a trip to Las Vegas to do so, so this pre-party will happen on both dates for all of us fellow fans to meet. This bar can hold up to 400 people and will allow us to play Guns N Roses music from around noon-5:30 pm on both nights of the show. This will be for all ages as the bar serves food and drink. No underagers will be allowed to drink however obviously. Please pm me or post in here if you plan on attending a pre-party as I have guaranteed the owner he can expect at least 50-100 people. The owner has agreed to work up some type of drink specials for us (like $2.00 40oz of nightrain...j/k), but he really is going to lower beer prices. Please feel free to bring yourself and your friends to the bar, it is clean, handicap accessible, and close to the venue. This is a perfect oppurtunity for us to meet and prepare to cheer on Guns N Roses return to the stage and ultimately their return to rock n roll glory.

The main floor will be general admission seating for this event. I understand some of you will prefer to camp out in line to get close to the stage. I still encourage you though to all work in shifts, so you'll have the oppurtunity to come over to the bar and meet fellow posters you've been posting with the last 1-7 years on this board. ?Stay tuned to this thread as I am still finalizing all the details. I hope you'll all be in attendence.

-Justin

This is the current list of people who will be attending......

chief
crashdiet
redsoxfan
mikegiuliana
WhatIsItMan ?
crimson_joel ?
muffinass ?
BurningHills ?
jbenzz
c0ma
killingvector
GunnerOne 84 ?
Anguro ?
DizzyReed63 ?
oneway23 ?
axlsalinger ?
ShotgunBlues1978 ?
illusionone
Mr.Intensity
irgspice
jazjme ?
gnrgoblue ?
alex420gnr ?
Jimmer Jammer ?
TheDave0206
Nightfall ?
SonofAGun ?
Howard2k ?
LittleFly ?
PittsburghGunner ?
Exnavymike ?
SINSHINE ?
Ignatius ? ?
ellroy
draguns
Deez Nuts ?
jimbo
bono
rhiad
jbenzz ?
darknemus
davegnfnr2k
14 Yrs Of Silence ?
GunnerRose ?
RitzWalker8 ?
MJRoses23 ?
dankrass ?
SuicideUZI
dman91

Keep in mind I am sure everyone will at least have one guest. Let's fill Mustang Harry's to the capacity of 400. ?ok

An after party at a local bar called the Black Door is also being considered, the manager has offered me bottled beers for $4.00 and well drinks for $7.00. Well liquours are Absolut, Captains, hose Cuervo, etc..... it is also a 8 minute walk from the venue.

I know there will most likely be an official after party, however I will still most likely be doing my own thing as I plan on being with anywhere from 3 to 7 of my good friends. I'd love to see some of you come to the after party as well because we will be getting drink specials offered to us, but no hard feelings if you want to go the official party.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2006, 10:28:27 AM »

count me in
me AND my girlfriend (hands off !)

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2006, 10:36:53 AM »

I dunno if I can make the pre party as I have to work both days and will be leaving my job around 5:30-6pm Embarrassed   I want to at least show up how long is the pre party going to last...doors open at 7:30pm to Hammerstein correct?

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2006, 10:39:33 AM »

I dunno if I can make the pre party as I have to work both days and will be leaving my job around 5:30-6pm Embarrassed   I want to at least show up how long is the pre party going to last...doors open at 7:30pm to Hammerstein correct?

Same here, I prob won't leave work till around 5ish....sucks if my boss was in town that week I'd be taking off both days.  pre party sounds like a lot of fun.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2006, 10:40:40 AM »

Do you think this place will card anyone? I'm only 20 - could pass for 24 easily and usually don't get carded - but I don't wanna get arrested and miss the concert. hahaha

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2006, 10:42:10 AM »

Do you think this place will card anyone? I'm only 20 - could pass for 24 easily and usually don't get carded - but I don't wanna get arrested and miss the concert. hahaha

what about fur coats, do they screen for fur coats ? Wink

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2006, 10:46:15 AM »

hahaha what are you trying to tell me?

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

I've been lurking around these boards for awhile now, but just now started to post because of the excitement!  I have never been to a GNR concert (I'm only 20 so the opportunity hasn't been there), so I am even more excited to see such a great band in an intimate setting like the Hammerstein.  To make it better it sounds like there are only going to be the REAL GNR fans there, not full of people who know two or three of their songs.  I can't wait!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #399 on: April 18, 2006, 10:57:46 AM »

I've been lurking around these boards for awhile now, but just now started to post because of the excitement!? I have never been to a GNR concert (I'm only 20 so the opportunity hasn't been there), so I am even more excited to see such a great band in an intimate setting like the Hammerstein.? To make it better it sounds like there are only going to be the REAL GNR fans there, not full of people who know two or three of their songs.? I can't wait!

Great, hope you'll be at the preparty and remember to buy enough tickets so you have extra. There is always gonna be a fellow gunner that needs a ticket at face value and we really can't have enough!!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: