Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 86 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details  (Read 183910 times)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

I'd so love to get near the front of the stage.  However, all this talk about pushing and shoving, mosh pits.....scares the living fuck out of me!! I'm not a big person  Embarrassed

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »

My god I'm so anxious.  I haven't posted much on here but have been checking this site at least weekly (and lately daily) for 8 years.  I put in my request for one ticket and keep checking my email every hour for that elusive password.  Hopefully tomorrow we all know something!  I wonder how many tickets they have to share with us through the pre-sale.....

Hang in there everyone!

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2006, 11:07:46 PM »

Great idea... but to be honest, I'm a little concerned as I registered for this site a bit recently and they asked the join date. I know a lot of people don't know me around here (yet) but I'm a looong time obsessive fan and I would cry like a baby if I get passed over for this opportunity to get in on the tickets early. ?I won't be able to sleep until I know for sure that I have tickets! I'm a nervous wreck!! ?nervous

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2006, 11:08:09 PM »

if there is a pit (which i hope to god there is), hopefully people will be cool and watch out for eachother, pick people up, etc... ?i love pits, but it totally depends on the crowd... axl has been pretty cool about that in the past, stopping shows if people are getting way too out of control, etc... ?if you're down front and it goes crazy, which i'm sure it will, just make sure to keep an eye open for people so that you can help people out (ie, if they fall), and if you're getting crushed and you've never been in a pit (and your small), just ask someone beside you to "assist" and help you crowd-surf outta there... ?usually if you just point your finger in the air, they'll know what you mean... ?
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2006, 11:16:28 PM »

I'm with you Jenna.  That's the thing I love about this site-  it reassures me that I'm not the only obsessed GNR fan out there.  I'm 34 years old and still obsessed like I'm a 16 year old.  This whole scene reminds me of the days of camping out overnight for the GNR/Metallica/Faith No More tour of 1992.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #345 on: April 17, 2006, 11:19:43 PM »

I'm with you Jenna.? That's the thing I love about this site-? it reassures me that I'm not the only obsessed GNR fan out there.? I'm 34 years old and still obsessed like I'm a 16 year old.? This whole scene reminds me of the days of camping out overnight for the GNR/Metallica/Faith No More tour of 1992.

beer I love the camp-outs. Man, that's the heart of rock...? there's truly nothing like a good concert.?

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2006, 11:20:48 PM »

Hopefully there won't be too big of a pit.  I don't think most people want to pay $65 plus charges to defend themselves for two hours.

I think with a lot of the new stuff, people will want to be able to pay attention to what's going on on stage, not in the crowd.  It also depends on the setlist.  Are you really going to want to mosh to TWAT?  The Blues? 

Some venues are also big on enforcing "no moshing" rules.  And we all know how Uncle Axl feels about security guards...
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2006, 11:27:57 PM »

Hopefully there won't be too big of a pit.? I don't think most people want to pay $65 plus charges to defend themselves for two hours.

I think with a lot of the new stuff, people will want to be able to pay attention to what's going on on stage, not in the crowd.? It also depends on the setlist.? Are you really going to want to mosh to TWAT?? The Blues??

Some venues are also big on enforcing "no moshing" rules.? And we all know how Uncle Axl feels about security guards...

Well I don't think 'moshing' is the term to use.  There's a difference between moshing and crowding up really close to the stage and crowd surfing and stuff.  From my experience you don't have to defend yourself very much at these concerts.  I'm expecting the same type of vibe that VR had at their concerts.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
comaknight
Rocker

« Reply #348 on: April 17, 2006, 11:33:37 PM »

Hopefully there won't be too big of a pit.  I don't think most people want to pay $65 plus charges to defend themselves for two hours.

I think with a lot of the new stuff, people will want to be able to pay attention to what's going on on stage, not in the crowd.  It also depends on the setlist.  Are you really going to want to mosh to TWAT?  The Blues? 

Some venues are also big on enforcing "no moshing" rules.  And we all know how Uncle Axl feels about security guards...

Well I don't think 'moshing' is the term to use.  There's a difference between moshing and crowding up really close to the stage and crowd surfing and stuff.  From my experience you don't have to defend yourself very much at these concerts.  I'm expecting the same type of vibe that VR had at their concerts.

Oh, quite agreed.  I just hope not to see the pointless and stupid pushing and slamming that I did at my last QOTSA  show.  Why is it that as many bands get more popular, the crowds get worse and more stupid?  I blame MTV, the internet and the disappearance of the Domino's Pizza Noid.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2006, 11:35:05 PM »

It all depends on the music i think.  I imagine that there's a different mood between a Bob Dylan concert and a System of a Down concert.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
comaknight
Rocker

« Reply #350 on: April 17, 2006, 11:41:52 PM »

I saw Dylan at the Beacon last year.  Also thanks to a pre-sale  Wink
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2006, 11:44:08 PM »

Man, I just talked to some one that is not like "us"

'And she said.  I heard on the radio Axl Doesn't want to do this any more.  I can't believe slash is going to be there.'

Ohh God, even more reason for us not to get tickets, misinformation......or is it?
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2006, 11:52:22 PM »

Moshing at a Guns concert? I dunno...I've never really heard much about moshing at old concerts of theirs. When I think of "moshing" I think of old Pantera, Slayer type concerts. Real meat heads running around and bashing people. There will be shoving towards the stage, but as far as a pit forming and people throwing their fists all over the place? I don't see that happening at these shows.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #353 on: April 17, 2006, 11:56:53 PM »

Moshing at a Guns concert? I dunno...I've never really heard much about moshing at old concerts of theirs. When I think of "moshing" I think of old Pantera, Slayer type concerts. Real meat heads running around and bashing people. There will be shoving towards the stage, but as far as a pit forming and people throwing their fists all over the place? I don't see that happening at these shows.
Nah, you wont see any moshing.  A little bit of crowd surfing, nothing more at a GNR show.   Oh yes, and the titty cam  peace
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2006, 11:57:24 PM »

Dude, I'd only mosh for the part in better.  That's it.  But probably not at the hammerstein cuz I wouldn't want to lose my place.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2006, 12:00:10 AM »

gnr is really not the moshing type band or crowd

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Here Today...
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2006, 12:04:56 AM »

well, ok my boyfriend is a die hard fan  and is definitely going to the concert, but idk if i want to go.  the crowds kinda scare me, i love gnr but i wouldnt say i was a die hard fan or anything.  first of all i would feel out of place with all these die hards and like i said im scared of the crowds, ive never been to a show like this before, so i dont know if im going to go for that reason.  Undecided

I smoke my cigarette with style
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2006, 12:06:21 AM »

This is a NYC Concert so i assure all of you There might not be that much moshing but there will be major pushing and shuving.

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12