Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Flags at the show..... an international affair.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flags at the show..... an international affair.  (Read 5684 times)
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 10:40:35 PM »

No offense but I've been to many events and while flags look cool on tv, it makes it difficult for the poeple behind you to see Undecided
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 02:25:34 AM »

I think the chinese flag would be cool
it'd be all music video like

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 02:40:04 AM »

O.k. so this might be a really dumb idea(I don't know) but I've always thought it was cool when you see footage of a gig on tv and you see a sea of national flags in the crowd. Canadian, American, British, Irish, Swedes, Aussies etc... everyone. It's cool and I thought wouldn't it be cool for Axl and the band to see all those flags in the room as a sign of how far and wide we've all come from to show support.? It might be cool but then again maybe it's dumb.? Maybe I'm just dreaming of an outdoor stadium U2 show in Europe hihi

hmmm minus sweden you almost had the commonwealth there  hihi  Undecided

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 02:50:48 AM »

No offense but I've been to many events and while flags look cool on tv, it makes it difficult for the poeple behind you to see Undecided
maybe we should just hang them from the balconys..

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 03:03:07 AM »

maybe we should just hang them from the balconys..

i'm bringin the Nepalese flag !!!

AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 03:31:28 AM »

O.k. so this might be a really dumb idea(I don't know) but I've always thought it was cool when you see footage of a gig on tv and you see a sea of national flags in the crowd. Canadian, American, British, Irish, Swedes, Aussies etc... everyone. It's cool and I thought wouldn't it be cool for Axl and the band to see all those flags in the room as a sign of how far and wide we've all come from to show support.? It might be cool but then again maybe it's dumb.? Maybe I'm just dreaming of an outdoor stadium U2 show in Europe hihi

i'll bring my aussie flag!   ok peace
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 07:13:03 AM »

the concert is in america. NOTHING against other countries but only american flags should be waved...........come to think of it no flags should be waved. i think it's stupid. just my opinion though.

why only american flags, if people have made the trip from canada or the uk why shouldnt they be able to wave their flags?

That's a hatrick for Doull
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 07:50:56 AM »

the concert is in america. NOTHING against other countries but only american flags should be waved...........come to think of it no flags should be waved. i think it's stupid. just my opinion though.

the american flag is ugly.
let's bring the korean one, it's kinda cool.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 08:19:20 AM »

No that my opinion will change the actions of anyone here, but whoever said that flags will hinder the views of others is right.  Imagine paying $500 to come to this concert only to have your view obstructed because some idiot wants to flaunt his nationality.  I'll be straight up, anyone puts a flag up in front of me and I'll rip it away.  Furthermore, it's disrespectful to let the American flag touch the ground and requires it to be properly destroyed afterwards (I assume that other nations may have similar practices).  No one is going to hold a flag in the air for 2 hours and by the end of the show you're gonna have a dirty and ripped flag with alot of pissed off people by you.
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »

I think that's a agreat idea  ok People flying from other countries should bring their flag with them ^^
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:57:02 AM by Wando » Logged
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 09:01:33 AM »

But watch your back if you're bringing a flag. You might block somebody's view. That can result in death...  Wink

muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 10:33:10 AM »

in case i get seats right at the balcony, the romanian flag's getting tied to the guardrail and will represent!

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 12:41:37 PM »

No that my opinion will change the actions of anyone here, but whoever said that flags will hinder the views of others is right.? Imagine paying $500 to come to this concert only to have your view obstructed because some idiot wants to flaunt his nationality.? I'll be straight up, anyone puts a flag up in front of me and I'll rip it away.? Furthermore, it's disrespectful to let the American flag touch the ground and requires it to be properly destroyed afterwards (I assume that other nations may have similar practices).? No one is going to hold a flag in the air for 2 hours and by the end of the show you're gonna have a dirty and ripped flag with alot of pissed off people by you.

Couldn't have put it better if I tried...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »

I think that's a agreat idea ok People flying from other countries should bring their flag with them ^^

arent we all trying to be brothers and sisters and forget about our nationality and country ?

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »

definatly don't block somebody's view, but if every hangs them from the balcony, it should be fine and i think would be a cool statement to the band's global popularity.

And to Rose22, don't be a bigot. The concert being in America has crap to with anything. This isn't a team usa event with the national anthem, it's a concert that is going to have people from many countries at it. They can represent if they want. That kind of attitude towards others explains why other nations don't like us.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
godiva
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

I think it is hell cool. Imagine being in the band, seeing all the flags, knowing that people have traveled so far just to see your show!  ok
ROSE22
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 03:25:03 PM »

i can't believe some of you actually think there will be fans waving flags in the air at the hammerstein. this does not happen and will not happen. do you think you need to wave a flag from your respective country to let the band know how far you traveled ? by all means bring your flags and wave them mightily for the entire show. Roll Eyes no 
ROSE22
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 03:34:49 PM »

gunnerone, why am i a bigot. all i said was that no flags should be waved. never been to a guns show where flags were waved. personally i think it's stupid. waste of space, waste of energy. this is just my opinion though like i have stated time and time again. i'm glad i live in a country where i have a right to express my opinions. bigot ? no   
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 03:46:44 PM »

Furthermore, it's disrespectful to let the American flag touch the ground and requires it to be properly destroyed afterwards (I assume that other nations may have similar practices). 

You are grossly misinformed. The American flag if it touches the ground DOES NOT have to be destroyed. Before you make idiotic statements like this, I would recommend doing some research into the matter. In this case you DO NOT know what you are talking about. I'll even help you by giving you a link that explains this:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/flagday/burnflag.asp

However, I do agree it's stupid to fly flags at a gig that is not an open air festival (you at least have the chance to move about at a festival).

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 07:50:02 PM »

Furthermore, it's disrespectful to let the American flag touch the ground and requires it to be properly destroyed afterwards (I assume that other nations may have similar practices).?

You are grossly misinformed. The American flag if it touches the ground DOES NOT have to be destroyed. Before you make idiotic statements like this, I would recommend doing some research into the matter. In this case you DO NOT know what you are talking about. I'll even help you by giving you a link that explains this:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/flagday/burnflag.asp

However, I do agree it's stupid to fly flags at a gig that is not an open air festival (you at least have the chance to move about at a festival).

i speak from the perspective of someone in the military.? As someone who has seen a Flag fall on the parade field, I have witness the ceremony to destroy it properly.? I didn't claim that it was US Code or was law to destory it.? I only claimed that respect for the flag requires that as I've been trained and observed in the military.? So before you make any more statements making a personal attack, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Edit:  After reading the snopes article, it's the authors opinion that letting the flag touch the ground doesn't render it suitable for display.  Obviously others disagree with his conclusion and the military is one of them.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 07:54:15 PM by The Gunslinger » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: