Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR mention on Stern...No new news
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR mention on Stern...No new news  (Read 4882 times)
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« on: April 19, 2006, 05:49:29 PM »

Don't know if anyone posted this yet...Don't know if anyone heard The Howard Stern Show today, but Howard and Artie mentioned GNR.  They were talking about how ridiculous "American Idol" was with Rod Stewart, Queen, and Kenny Rodgers in recent shows.  Artie said that GNR were going to get together and tour again.  And how great it would be if Axl could be on American Idol because it would be good publicity.  Howard just said basically it was just Axl and a bunch of new guys.  Not original members and that it wouldn't be right if Axl was on American Idol. (This is the most I could remember from hearing the show this morning.  I Do not have the s-50.  If anyone can do a better job, please do.)
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »

I have the s-50  but I don't think its worth recording and stuff.

but Artie was the one who brought up  "That's what guns n roses should do".  Then it went on from there. not much. Robyn being a kackle as usual. Howard just said something in response to Artie saying GNR were playing in NY and howard saying its Axl and a new band.

peace -BP

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 06:43:10 PM »

Why exactly isn't it right for Axl to be on American Idol? Would it be right for Slash and Weiland to be on that show? Seems like there is nothing Axl can do that would impress howard.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
SlashDelonge
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:56:37 PM »

enjoy your ban.  beer
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:57:21 PM »

I can't post that?Huh I'll delete it... My bad!

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 07:27:14 PM »

Why exactly isn't it right for Axl to be on American Idol?

Axl isn't the kind of singer they want contestants to mimick vocally.

I know someone who was a rock singer and tried out for American Idol - they basically told him he had an excellent voice but it "wasn't what they were looking for".
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »

Why exactly isn't it right for Axl to be on American Idol? Would it be right for Slash and Weiland to be on that show? Seems like there is nothing Axl can do that would impress howard.
agree w/ya kv, just imagine how mind blowing a duet w/axl and kelly clarson would be  Tongue...anyways i think howard likes guns and is just wondering what is going on w/axl and gn'r since its been awhile, even since the 2002 tour, and anyways howard now doesnt really get too excited unless train, bon jovi, etc is on
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 07:46:16 PM »

I know someone who was a rock singer and tried out for American Idol - they basically told him he had an excellent voice but it "wasn't what they were looking for".

I wouldn't want him there either but Howard indicated that it wasn't right for Axl to be on the show; maybe i'm looking too much into this, but I take that as him being not talented or relevant enough to be on the show.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »

American Idol is garbage.

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 07:55:50 PM »

I wouldn't want him there either but Howard indicated that it wasn't right for Axl to be on the show; maybe i'm looking too much into this, but I take that as him being not talented or relevant enough to be on the show.
now heres the deal with that, nobody wants to see the band idealizing and arguing about a song before the shit gets released.  No one wants to see the process captured throughly, its stupid, back in the day of great music you would record your album, play some new songs at a live show, release the album and see how it does.  I think howard was saying that axl shouldnt do this, because he doesnt need it.  American idol is a stupid show meant for teenagers.  Howard is a known gnr fan and was probably just saying why the fuck should axl do this, why should he give his greatness to fox, he doesnt need them, so why should he sell out to get some publicity!  anyway im reading too much into this, which is waht we all are doing, so lets say fuck all this and ill see you mothergnrfuckers in nyc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 08:09:31 PM »

It is actually pretty entertaining believe it or not.  They get some talent on the show.  This kid Chris Daltry is a damn good rock singer.  It is what it is....entertainment when there isnothing else to do.
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 08:30:28 PM »

It is actually pretty entertaining believe it or not.  They get some talent on the show.  This kid Chris Daltry is a damn good rock singer.  It is what it is....entertainment when there isnothing else to do.
cmon man, these fucks on this show are no better than the new kids on the block, just a bunch of semi talented people with charismatic features that have prewritten tracks by the record company.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 09:03:18 PM »

First of all , i don't want anymore rock icons to degrade themselves by going on such a fake superficial teeny bopper show that is American Idol.  Seeing Queen on that show made me cringe and I would never want to see Axl on a  show like that.  Axl wouldn't do it even if they asked him to appear. This is a man that doesn't allow his songs to be used in movies  less is he going to appear on idol.  Think what you want about Axl , one thing he still has his musical integrity.  Yes, he did make a fool of himself on the MTV awards but that is a performance failure  , it's not a situation of "selling out ".  Howard Stern says that Axl doesn't belong on Idol and i agree with him.  If I were Axl I would take that as a compliment.  That is the nicest thing Howard Stern has said about Axl in a long time.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 09:08:51 PM »

It is actually pretty entertaining believe it or not.? They get some talent on the show.? This kid Chris Daltry is a damn good rock singer.? It is what it is....entertainment when there isnothing else to do.
cmon man, these fucks on this show are no better than the new kids on the block, just a bunch of semi talented people with charismatic features that have prewritten tracks by the record company.
How can you call someone like Katherine McPhee or Chris Daughtry 'semi-talented' people? If you even watched the show for more than 2 seconds without a clouded mind you'd realize the talents that these people can hold. Not everyone can sing like these people...they're good...But it's alright you know, since it's hip to diss American Idol without even listening or watching the bulk of it...Go ahead, do it. Follow the trend. Roll Eyes

Anyways, I don't think the producers of American Idol would ever think of putting Axl Rose on that show. As a matter of fact, even if they asked, I don't think Axl would agree to it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:11:12 PM by IndiannaRose » Logged
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 09:59:38 PM »

don't think axl should go on that show, but i'll tell ya...that kellie pickler can eat my pickle any day of the week.  smoking
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 10:12:18 PM »

It is actually pretty entertaining believe it or not.? They get some talent on the show.? This kid Chris Daltry is a damn good rock singer.? It is what it is....entertainment when there isnothing else to do.
How can you call someone like Katherine McPhee or Chris Daughtry 'semi-talented' people? If you even watched the show for more than 2 seconds without a clouded mind you'd realize the talents that these people can hold. Not everyone can sing like these people...they're good...But it's alright you know, since it's hip to diss American Idol without even listening or watching the bulk of it...Go ahead, do it. Follow the trend. Roll Eyes

Anyways, I don't think the producers of American Idol would ever think of putting Axl Rose on that show. As a matter of fact, even if they asked, I don't think Axl would agree to it.

You can have the best voice in the world  but if you can't write your own melody and lyrics  it is meaningless.  Girls like Kathy are dime a dozen , nothing unique about her.  Go walk into most churches in america and you will find a Kathy singing christian songs.   These people don't know the art of stage presence or entertaining.  Anybody that has to be coached on how they dress on a weekly basis  is fake.   There is absolutely nothing honest about these people.   When American Idol begins to allow contestants to write and perform their own music  is the day it will not be looked as a joke.  It is nothing but a glorified karaoke contest.  You'd be better off going to a Karaoke bar.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 08:19:59 AM »

I know, FOR A FACT, that the Stern show people know about the NYC shows, and are trying to book Axl (and, presumeably, the rest of the band) for sometime that week.

That's not to say they WILL book them, but they're making contact and trying.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 08:23:14 AM »

I know, FOR A FACT, that the Stern show people know about the NYC shows, and are trying to book Axl (and, presumeably, the rest of the band) for sometime that week.

That's not to say they WILL book them, but they're making contact and trying.

Shit, I'm buying another 1000 shares of SIRI stock.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 08:25:01 AM »

At least he'd have someone on worth listening to for a change...hope it ends up coming through
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »

Pilferk, So you know for a fact that the Stern Show is trying to book Axl?  Please, go on...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: