Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guitarist Situation (or lack thereof)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitarist Situation (or lack thereof)  (Read 6438 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: April 19, 2006, 03:14:50 PM »

I live in very lower westchester, ny....about 20 mins north of nyc/hammerstein. i DO NOT have a password, but I was at the MSG and CT shows in 2002......im going to try thru American Express to get tickets to both shows.....anyone help??? Im in the MSG bootleg singing during Patience, i was 8th row!  anyway, if u can help, let me know...

ANYWAY......

i play guitar. im not so sure they need a 3rd guitarist....and when u think about Slash, im not sure Slash wants to walk into this situation, even IF axl wanted him. i just dont see how this would benefit Slash, it would look like he had to crawl back to Axl and join Axl's new GnR. Chances of Slash being the 3rd guitarist: 4% the only weird thing is that we haven't heard from Slash yet about all of this, or even about VR. Where the hell is Slash. i know he's a dad and all, but come on...where are you Slash??

here's the issue i have though: WHO THE HELL is going to play BH's parts on these new songs? "BETTER" really needs those fast sweeps that BH does, it WOULD sound like a different song w/o BH's parts and solo in the bridge (his last solo is mesmerizing in TWAT too) so how can these songs be played live without BH??? robin sure cant handle it, as a matter of fact, robin's a good rhythm guitarist, thats about it.  so, chance of BH returning: 35% i think BH might see this finally rolling again and wants to join back up

what about IZZY?? chances: 2%

some other guitarist.....chances: 25%.......25 percent chance the "surprise" is either Izzy or someone else. i doubt Izzy, but someone unheard of is possible.

38% chance that no one replaces BH, and they go with 2 guitarists, 2 keys, bass, drums, backing tracks...this should be interesting though....geeezz...to think its Slash...wow, that would be so crazy!!!!!!!
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 03:16:55 PM »

i'm pretty sure bucket isn't back... We've heard interviews where people talked about how crap it was to work with bucket so I don't see them putting up with it.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
SADIS
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:20:33 PM »

Well, i haven't ruled out th eoption that Slash is back completely. Especially after all that has been going on last months and now even the fact that Slash is also managed by Sanctuary......
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 03:20:59 PM »

true, but i think ANYONE would put up with someone THAT talented and that much of a stage presence...remember, w/o BH, Axl still needs someone to be Robin to his Batman. Slash WAS Robin..........BH WAS robin.........Robin ISN'T Robin.

just listento Better, and imagine...how are they going to play this w/o BH? he really transitions those parts with those fast sweeps....robin has never even taken lessons yet for that stuff! LOLOLOL
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »

interesting though that Slash has the same management....i never heard that, is that fact??? if so....hhhhmmmmm

here's whats weird: Slash would talk, even in an empty room...Slash is Slash...he's talkative, out-going, doesn't hold back....where's he been for the past few weeks/months? nothing about VR, nothing about what he's doing....its just weird...
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 03:32:38 PM »

paul could be back in the band for now

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 03:36:28 PM »

Paul??

doesn't anyone agree Axl (Batman) needs a Robin?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 03:39:19 PM »

Paul??

doesn't anyone agree Axl (Batman) needs a Robin?

I believe he is referring to Paul Tobias. Axl's friend that filled in in the early 90's, and I am fairly certain that he played on Sympathy For The Devil, though i may be wrong.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 03:43:30 PM »

just listento Better, and imagine...how are they going to play this w/o BH? he really transitions those parts with those fast sweeps....robin has never even taken lessons yet for that stuff! LOLOLOL

i think better definitely doesn`t need buckethead`s solos.... i don`t like them at all... robin`s is far better imo.

the only new songs that bucket did an awesome job on, are twat, IRS and maybe maddy and rhiad so far to me...   and richard and robin could do a great job there in replacing the solos with their own stuff...   don`t get me wrong though. i love buckethead on the new leaks ok

i just think that robin is better (not technically of course....). i i really dig his style and think that he`s capable of delivering even better solos... peace

did anyone notice that slash isn`t even mentioned in the new VR news on the mainpage? of course this could (and most probably will) mean nothing, but as i said before, i won`t discount anything in regards of slash rejoining gnr anymore...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »

I think Slash misses Guns N' Roses. I'm sure he always thought at some point they'd get back together and he'd get a chance at playing songs like November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Chid O' Mine, Patience, etc. (not just the standard 2-3 VR covers of GN'R) in front of thousands of screaming people again.... well with Axl hitting 44- and he's now 40 I believe, and with Axl NEEDING a 3rd guitarist... it may literally be now or never for Slash. I think Slash craves the attention the GN'R name brings... and him and Axl back together on stage would be rock history... he gets off on that shit. Plus, if Axl throws him a TON of cash... why not? Better than making hip hop concept albums with Pharrell and being in a band with a "fraud", someone he "fucking hates" and someone who's "spineless"...

Maybe he just doesn't want to go through the rest of his fucking life wondering whether things might have "worked out" had he gone back to Guns... better to go back and find out one way or the other... Axl may have the same nagging thoughts as well.

But who the fuck knows...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 03:45:34 PM »

i don`t care about the third guitarist by the way. fact is they need a third one to play the new stuff properly peace
(that doesn`t mean, they`ll need a new shredder, just a new rythm guy)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 04:02:47 PM »

i play guitar....

And besides a guitar player you are a statesman and a mathematical, I'm I right ?

//JK
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 04:21:28 PM »

i play guitar....

And besides a guitar player you are a statesman and a mathematical, I'm I right ?

A bad one.. His totals come out to 104%.  To try and clean up his odds:

40% No 3rd guitarist
35% Buckethead
25% Somebody else
5% Slash
5% Izzy or Gilby (I threw Gilby in to up it to 5)
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 04:22:28 PM »

i play guitar....

I am a mathematician and a guitar player, maybe Axl should hire me? I could play guitar by night and do his finances at daytime hihi hihi
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »

i play guitar....

I am a mathematician and a guitar player, maybe Axl should hire me? I could play guitar by night and do his finances at daytime hihi hihi

Can you pull off Bucketheads solo's??
odd1
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 04:25:11 PM »

i play guitar....

A bad one.. His totals come out to 104%.? To try and clean up his odds:

40% No 3rd guitarist
35% Buckethead
25% Somebody else
5% Slash
5% Izzy or Gilby (I threw Gilby in to up it to 5)

What about Paul Tobias ? I give him 10 %
odd1
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 04:25:58 PM »

i play guitar....

Can you pull off Bucketheads solo's??

Not even close peace
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 05:58:55 PM »

They need a guitarist who is very technically proficient and able to play with speed to replace Buckethead's parts.  Buckethead is a truly unique talent, because most players with his technical abilities aren't great songwriters, but Buckethead is in fact a great writer as well as virtuoso technician.  For these shows, GnR doesn't need to hire a virtuoso who's also a great writer, they just need someone to play Buckethead's parts, and there should be someone to do that.

Finck and Fortus are good, talented musicians but neither of them has the precision or speed to play Bucket's parts
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 06:06:49 PM »

i play guitar....

hehehehehe funny shitttttttttttttttttttttttttt !!!! this silence is drive me nuts

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »

get Joe Satriani for the tour!
didn't Axl ask him if he knew any shredders he could hire, and Joe suggested the Bumblefoot guy?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: