Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:27:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sanctuary now manages Slash
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sanctuary now manages Slash  (Read 14075 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 01:53:08 PM »

Naw I wasn't questioning the integrity of anything.  I was just wondering the station and all to investigate the issue further with them.    peace

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Megaguns
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 02:09:27 AM »

yeah, and slash & axl use the same brand of toilet paper.... REUNION!!!   ok
seriously though ... just coincidence i think.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 08:10:39 AM »

Is still wouldn't be Guns to me even if Slash did go back. (which is highly unlikely)

SADIS
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 08:35:05 AM »

Is still wouldn't be Guns to me even if Slash did go back. (which is highly unlikely)

No, it wouldn't be Guns but it would still be an amazing combination if Axl and Slash would perform together again.  ok
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 09:55:28 AM »

No, it wouldn't be Guns but it would still be an amazing combination if Axl and Slash would perform together again.? ok

It would be cool to see Slash and Axl yeah.. But Slash and Finck?? Nope... Slash and Stinson? Nope. Pittman? No.. Dizzy? No... The other guy? No....... Brain is cool........

SADIS
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 10:19:43 AM »

No, it wouldn't be Guns but it would still be an amazing combination if Axl and Slash would perform together again.? ok

It would be cool to see Slash and Axl yeah.. But Slash and Finck?? Nope... Slash and Stinson? Nope. Pittman? No.. Dizzy? No... The other guy? No....... Brain is cool........

Welll to be honest: I love Duff and Izzy too.....but I would rather have Axl N Slash over Axl N Izzy any day.......and I don't think that Fortus would be that bad in combination with Slash.....but it won't happen so......I really do hope they kick Dizzy out since I really don't like him.....
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 10:28:35 AM »

Welll to be honest: I love Duff and Izzy too.....but I would rather have Axl N Slash over Axl N Izzy any day.......and I don't think that Fortus would be that bad in combination with Slash.....but it won't happen so......I really do hope they kick Dizzy out since I really don't like him.....

Yeah. I have ALWAYS thought Dizzy was a tool.... I know this is kind of a pointless conversation anyway.. But I could deal with Axl, Slash, Fortus, Duff and Brain...... Not a fan of Stinson and I think Pittmman is useless.... Or how about get rid of Dizzy and keep Pittman? Again though, pointless because none of this is gonna happen...

SADIS
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »

Yeah. I have ALWAYS thought Dizzy was a tool.... I know this is kind of a pointless conversation anyway.. But I could deal with Axl, Slash, Fortus, Duff and Brain...... Not a fan of Stinson and I think Pittmman is useless.... Or how about get rid of Dizzy and keep Pittman? Again though, pointless because none of this is gonna happen...

Yeah, pointless but fun to do. Well, I never liked Dizzy character wise so he's first on my "get-rid of" list..... And from all the new guys the only one that seems to fit with the old guys would be Fortus....playwise and character wise..... to me Pittman is useless anyway cause why the hell do you need synths&stuff when you got guitars? I hate synth sounds etc.... The drummer I really don't care for as long as he's got a groove.....Duff for bass over anyone since he can play a bad bass AND is a cool character.... and Finck seems like a nice guy but I'm not that impressed by his playing and I don't think he would get along with Slash that well since they seem to be opposites as Finck is very "arty" and Slash very Sunset.....
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 11:47:53 AM »

I think Finck is the perfect modern day compliment to Slash. He's extremely creative and plays a mean rhythm guitar. I would have no problem with him getting some solos either. just like it was with izzy/slash. I always said since izzy is never going back into the spotlight I think Finck is the perfect compliment to Slash. I'll be gnr to me only if Duff joins as well. I don't like stinson's playing either and I dont think Fortus adds anything to the band unless its N'Sync of course. I'll take Brain over Matt anyday
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »

Dunno man... I witnessed Finck play with Axl and Co.. He was truly the worst part of the whole show... Besides Bucketheads numchuck solo and toy give away... To tell you the truth, Axl was the only one woth a fuck on the stage... Either way... Finck sucks, not too mention how ridiculous he looks...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2006, 01:59:50 PM »

Maybe Slash is back in GNR and VR will get Dave Navarro to replace Slash.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 02:00:38 PM »

Dunno man... I witnessed Finck play with Axl and Co.. He was truly the worst part of the whole show... Besides Bucketheads numchuck solo and toy give away... To tell you the truth, Axl was the only one woth a fuck on the stage... Either way... Finck sucks, not too mention how ridiculous he looks...

AMEN Finck does suck.

I remember the nY 2002 show someone yelled out..... "My brother is better than u"  hihi hihi hihi that fuckin solo before SCOM is the worst piece of music ever played.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 03:18:17 PM »

that fuckin solo before SCOM is the worst piece of music ever played.

Yeah it was!!  If I recall he did something just as terrible before Paradise City.... 

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 05:21:41 PM »

AMEN Finck does suck.

I remember the nY 2002 show someone yelled out..... "My brother is better than u"  hihi hihi hihi that fuckin solo before SCOM is the worst piece of music ever played.

yeah but who cares how well he plays the SCOM solo. I think its safe to say Slash would be handling that one! hihi how well do you think Izzy, Gilby, Richard would play it?..problably worse than Robin. Robin's solo in Better and The Blues are pure class. Straight from the heart, all over the fret board. no recycled scales etc. His Rhythm guitar is awesome in Better and during his solos with buckethead. What annoys me about the new gnr songs is how every single song is the same 3 chords over and over so w'll blame that on Tommy and Richard's lack of presense hihi but with Slash in the mix the songwriting would improve 10 folds
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 05:24:06 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2006, 06:05:36 PM »

NO NO top hatted one, Im not talkin about the SCOM solo, Im talkin about that horrific piece of shit he played as the intro  to the song SCOM.

What the fuck was that?

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »

NO NO top hatted one, Im not talkin about the SCOM solo, Im talkin about that horrific piece of shit he played as the intro  to the song SCOM.

What the fuck was that?

oh yeah that was pretty disgusting but thats just Robin being Robin. I just like the fact that he improvises. I'm a huge slash fan but I always skipped the Slash solos. Even when I was a crazed 16yr old fanboy. Godfather was awesome though
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »

His improvising sucks though. Horrible solo.

I could play a better improv solo with my feet.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »

Creative & spontaneous
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_i081KM1Is&search=Robin%20Finck

I too thought Finck sucked when I first got to know him back in 2001 but after yrs of listening to guitarists re-cycle scales I've come to appreciate creativity ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 07:10:33 PM »

Im gonna give him a chance
But I pray Axl didnt replace Buckethead's masterpiece playing on Better withsomething by Finck.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »

Im gonna give him a chance
But I pray Axl didnt replace Buckethead's masterpiece playing on Better withsomething by Finck.

I a huge Bucket fan. I go to all the NY shows etc and there's nothing like seeing buckethead do his thing live and seeing everyone get so into it but Bucket ruins Better. Luckily Finck saves it in the end with that amazing Finck-esque, creative all over the fretboard solo and amazing rhythm on the outro as Axl sings "If I were you, I'd manage to abhore the invitation.."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: