Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT LEAKS OF PRE-SALE PASSWORD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT LEAKS OF PRE-SALE PASSWORD  (Read 5519 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: April 18, 2006, 09:47:10 PM »

Jarmo, If you want to merge this or move it or whatever, its cool - but I think this is important.

Please use this thread to report any / all leaks of the Pre-sale password.  Especially if its posted on other forums / locations.  Those people are the ones that are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:49:51 PM »

ok great but why didnt i get mine yet?  Is tis for the forum sign up one or cc.com?

Gunsguy
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 09:57:02 PM »

ok great but why didnt i get mine yet?? Is tis for the forum sign up one or cc.com?

Gunsguy

It must be the forum one, because I didn't sign up for cc.com

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 09:57:28 PM »

I got MACDonald's, I got MACDonald's... ? Cheesy ?Lips Sealed

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 09:57:37 PM »

this sucks
they really have to email another pass before the real date
this is not fair

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
allmysalvation
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

dark, i don't know if you are just too excited to think straight, but if we report where it's been leaked, people can just go there and see it, so it's the same thing as leaking it, isn't it?
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 10:00:26 PM »

dark, i don't know if you are just too excited to think straight, but if we report where it's been leaked, people can just go there and see it, so it's the same thing as leaking it, isn't it?

Yeah I'm afraid to say anything for fear of getting banned and kicked off of the list before they potentially send out a new PW.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »

No - the point of this thread is to show where its been leaked and by who so that that person can be dealt with appropriately.  Hopefully by board management and the like.  Not to suss any of you out for pointing out where it is.

The password's gonna get out there, regardless - which I think sucks.. but its pretty much a given w/ 34+ hours left til the sale kicks off.

-darknemus

Bono
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 10:12:48 PM »

I would be all for an official notice being made that this password is officially void. It sucks that some lowlifes feel the need to ruin things for everyone. I could handle waiting for a new password. Send it out at like 5:00am Eastern time on Thursday morning or somthing.
allmysalvation
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 10:13:46 PM »

Sorry dude, but I totally disagree with you on that. There is nothing you can do to those people that the respectives forum admin can't do themselves....

If i posted the name of a forum right now where i see the password posted at, don't you think that would be the same exact thing as posting the password here? Anyone who wanted it could simply go to that forum and get it. Defeats the whole purpose.

If this was like the real world and people could go to jail etc. i'd agree but it's pointless to bring to light where the password is posted, especially here, when you know scalpers are lurking. The smaller forums they might not even know about, why should we tell them?

I think a better idea would be to PM Jarmo the information directly.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 10:14:11 PM »

It seems things like this are inevitable, theres always somebody who will spoil things.  I dont know how practical it is, but it seems the best way to prevent things like this is assigning individual passes.

I hope this all works out.  People have hung in there too long to get screwed at the last minute like this.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 10:17:58 PM »

I understand your thinking - and perhaps notiftying Jarmo directly might be the better bet.  However, if a poster from this forum who pretty much agreed to the stipulations (i.e. not sharing the password) ran and posted it in another forum - don't you think that, at the very least, they should be banned from here?  I do not understand why people want to ruin things for other people - it just makes no sense to me.

-darknemus

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 10:19:18 PM »

I think you're all being insanely paranoid.

If someone wants to see Guns N' Roses, they'll be at the concert.

If they have to pay more, so be it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 10:21:08 PM »

Guys....

Settle down for a bit, lets not blow this out of proportion. There are still things that can be done if this password has a massive leak. It won't be the end of the world as only the hardcore fans will have it and yes it probably will fall into some asshole brokers hands. But, I am sure we'll still score tickets, after all there is still the ticket limit in place.
I am also working my hardest to obtain a password to the 2nd pre-sale. In which I will only LEAK it to people I know who are true Guns N Roses fans, and I will keep it under wraps until 15 minutes before the 2nd pre-sale. I'd enlist several board members to help me in this like Pilferk, Darknemus, Jarmo, etc....
Fuck whoever is trying to ruin it for us, now I am actually pissed off. I'll be thinking of ways to combat this all night. For now I must go out with the lady friend. Have faith guys....
Bono
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 10:24:44 PM »

You miss the whole point!!! Some of us live thousands of miles away. Booking flights before you actually have tickets is a huge risk that some of us can't afford. And no paying more sometimes isn't an option. ?I mean say I finally won an auction on ebay 2 days before the show how the hell could I afford a last second flight too New York from Calgary? Or would you expect me to fly to New York in hopes of getting a ticket once I got there. You realsie these are $65 tickets that are already going for upwards of $500.00 on ebay right? paying more isn't as easy as you make it seem and no being able to afford has nothing to do with your dedication or level of fandom.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 10:33:42 PM »

I hope and am crossing my fingers that this was an attempt by management to weed out leaks.  Give out a fake PW and then see who posts it - cut them from the list - then send out a real PW before the presale beings.  They sure sent it out early enough - lets hope that this turns into a positive.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Always
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 10:35:35 PM »

the password is newyork06
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 10:35:53 PM »

You miss the whole point!!! Some of us live thousands of miles away. Booking flights before you actually have tickets is a huge risk that some of us can't afford. And no paying more sometimes isn't an option. ?I mean say I finally won an auction on ebay 2 days before the show how the hell could I afford a last second flight too New York from Calgary? Or would you expect me to fly to New York in hopes of getting a ticket once I got there. You realsie these are $65 tickets that are already going for upwards of $500.00 on ebay right? paying more isn't as easy as you make it seem and no being able to afford has nothing to do with your dedication or level of fandom.

Then there's 20 other shows this summer that you can attend.

For all we know, this show could be awful.

Yeah, the ability to say "I was there at the start of the tour" is cool, but I think you'll live just fine if you can't make it to New York City.

This is the hottest ticket in New York - not everyone will get one.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 10:37:52 PM »

I hope and am crossing my fingers that this was an attempt by management to weed out leaks.? Give out a fake PW and then see who posts it - cut them from the list - then send out a real PW before the presale beings.? They sure sent it out early enough - lets hope that this turns into a positive.

Nice post Mccoygnr...I agree.   nervous

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 10:38:22 PM »

I agree.

Anybody who gives the password should be outed ASAP, and dealt with.

I won't give it to a soul and I would expect the same from everybody here.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: