Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New info on Wikipedia? (BBC1 rumour)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New info on Wikipedia? (BBC1 rumour)  (Read 6916 times)
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »

The thing that doesn't fit with me on this rumour is that Radio 1 have supposidly already announced the announcement on air. That is something that people would have heard in large numbers (Radio one is THE national radio station in the UK, nothing else is near it).

Regular forum members on one of the sites would surely have heard it.

I also don't think Guns n' Roses are big enough now and relevant enough for such a massive radio station to worry about telling people about a single, but then not actually playing it. If they had the exclusive first play fine, but there is no way they would announce it 4 weeks before the single was first played.

Another one of those realistic rumours which could be true. I love rumours like this that have a finite date to them. Radio 1 for me tomorrow, just in case they pop out the single and I miss it. How horrific would that be.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 06:43:28 PM »

The thing that doesn't fit with me on this rumour is that Radio 1 have supposidly already announced the announcement on air. That is something that people would have heard in large numbers (Radio one is THE national radio station in the UK, nothing else is near it).

Regular forum members on one of the sites would surely have heard it.

I also don't think Guns n' Roses are big enough now and relevant enough for such a massive radio station to worry about telling people about a single, but then not actually playing it. If they had the exclusive first play fine, but there is no way they would announce it 4 weeks before the single was first played.

Another one of those realistic rumours which could be true. I love rumours like this that have a finite date to them. Radio 1 for me tomorrow, just in case they pop out the single and I miss it. How horrific would that be.

When it comes to a new album and tour, there is alot of interest in Guns N Roses.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 07:20:08 PM »

What pisses me off is that I'm going to be listening to BBC 1 all day tommorrow and I'll miss Stern.? I hope this pays off.

No FUCKING WAY! Danny, this is the single most outrageous thing that has ever been said in one of your posts. Look man. Life is waaaaaaay to goddamn short. There is no reason for you to go the morning without having some good fucking gut busting laughs for the chance...and you know we are talking GN'R right...that there will be GNR news on the BBC channel.

Fuck man, one time I forgot to take my S50 out of the home dock in the morning and I was so fucking sorry when I realized later what I missed (and its the only thing that really makes me laugh on the way to work).

But fuckin anyway, hopefully we will here something new soon, 'cause this is all starting to get really fucking lame again here.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 10:33:34 PM »

You have an S50?  I'm jeleous.  My wife won't let me buy one.

BTW, I tried emailing Jo Whiley and just got a generic "I get too many emails to reply to everyone" auto-reply.

D

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 04:50:40 AM »

Just heard something about 'big news' on Guns 'N Roses on the rock report on 96fm (Perth, Australia)... 6pm (70 minutes...)

LoseYourIllusion
Headliner

When I find out all of the reasons

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 05:11:33 AM »

Jo Whiley just said she knows nothing about a new GNR single
Looks like it was BS
anythinggoes
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 05:12:05 AM »

a rumour had started up that she would be playing the new single but she has just confirmed as far as she knows that will not be happening.

i believe it was started at another forum but at least it can be killed before it gets here

actually pretty cool she even bothered to mention it thinking about it
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:13:51 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 05:34:20 AM »

Just heard something about 'big news' on Guns 'N Roses on the rock report on 96fm (Perth, Australia)... 6pm (70 minutes...)

Cool, keep us posted dude! ok

I don't listen to the radio in Australia (Sydney) anymore, it's all crap!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
godiva
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 05:39:51 AM »

The wikipedia edit team is pretty dedicated, so its not too likely that something blatantly wrong could stay up for too long, as for the rumor, it doesn't seem too far-fetched, and its something to look forward too...

Though this is my first comment, I visited this site for the past 3 yrs or so, and its the authority. Thanks.

Well, the problem is that nobody can say whether or not this is blatantly wrong. I have my fingers crossed though. Think it would be a good idea to have a single out before the tour. Let people know GNR is back!

And of course, welcome to the board for you and FortusGNR!  beer
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 05:51:34 AM »

If anything it will be on The Rock Show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/rockshow/index.shtml

But don't hold your breath.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 06:00:22 AM »

Cool, keep us posted dude! ok

I don't listen to the radio in Australia (Sydney) anymore, it's all crap!

Will do... I'm going to work in under an hour... they better not drag it out.

Here's the website: www.96fm.com.au
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 06:03:51 AM »

"BBC Radio 1 will announce more news surrounding Guns N' Roses and their future plans on 18th April" ?

"but as to clearing up rumours about a reunion, only time will tell."

How do you announce news regarding their future plans when you can't even clear up a rumour that would be vital to their future plans?

Be careful, don't step in the bullshit.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 06:25:36 AM »

G N' R news coming up next...
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 06:31:16 AM »

Nothing new, just a wrap up of what's been going on the past few months... didn't really expect big news.
godiva
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 06:33:13 AM »

Thanks for listening and posting 11. I have to say I AM a bit disappointed. A new single would be really good IMo so I was rooting for that kind of news.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »

No worries... It would have been odd for such news to be broken in Perth of all places.  hihi

Personally, I'm hoping for CITR to be the single... awesome stuff.  Cool
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »

I sent Zane Lowe an e-mail. I'll let you know if he replies.

EDIT: I know what 11 said that there was no news. But I may aswell get a direct quote saying that there is no GN'R single at the mo.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 11:02:24 AM by CAFC Nick » Logged
beans4life
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »

current wikipedia news

In April 2006, it had been rumored that Guns N' Roses had reunited and this was later confirmed by BBC1/Associated Press in a call to sources within the band's management despite earlier denials. Although not a complete reunion, the band is now comprised of Axl Rose, Les Claypool, Tony Danza, Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed, Travis Barker, Ray Toro and Chris Pitman. This new "official" lineup is set to announce the release of the long awaited Chinese Democracy, which will be released to on April 20, 2006.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 09:55:34 PM »

Die, Wikipedia, DIE!!!

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »

current wikipedia news

In April 2006, it had been rumored that Guns N' Roses had reunited and this was later confirmed by BBC1/Associated Press in a call to sources within the band's management despite earlier denials. Although not a complete reunion, the band is now comprised of Axl Rose, Les Claypool, Tony Danza, Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed, Travis Barker, Ray Toro and Chris Pitman. This new "official" lineup is set to announce the release of the long awaited Chinese Democracy, which will be released to on April 20, 2006.

AHAHAHA Happy 4:20 Everyoneeeeee ok ok? smoking smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: