Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:18:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  they'll announce the CD release date at the warm up shows
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: they'll announce the CD release date at the warm up shows  (Read 3916 times)
McDuff
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 12:02:40 PM »

It would be cool if he announced something,I still wonder is the album will be called Chinese Democracy or not,hmm.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »

It would be cool if he announced something,I still wonder is the album will be called Chinese Democracy or not,hmm.

with all the indirect publicity it has recieved it could loose lots of sales with a different name... I just want him to at least give us the gift of the first single live...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 03:13:41 PM »

with all the indirect publicity it has recieved it could loose lots of sales with a different name... I just want him to at least give us the gift of the first single live...

ping rofl

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
godiva
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »

Dreaming away  drool It would be incredible cool. Quite frankly, I don't care whether he announces the release date in NY or anywhere else, I'm just hoping to get a release date very very (dare I say the next word?Huh) soon  beer
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 06:15:45 PM »

As a longtime GnR fan, but only a relative newcomer to the board, can any of you veterans tell me - it's crazy reading all the speculation threads about a single, the release date, etc. - was the intensity the same around here for the last tour, or have things built up since then?  Just curious...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 06:23:06 PM »

Merck, has used concerts in the past, to promote singles for his clients.  I don't know if singles are released on Tuesday's (the 16th, obviously is the Tuesday between the two shows), as LP's are, but they could use the shows to offer a download of a single, or give the fans the the new single at the gate.  On second thought, this is not a large show, so giving away a download passcode at the gate would not push the single to #1.  I read somewhere, where anyone entering an Elton John show at Wembley a few years ago, was given a passcode for a free download for Elton's new single.  It debuted at #1 on the British charts.  Merck was managing Elton at the time. 

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 04:35:54 AM »

Merck, has used concerts in the past, to promote singles for his clients.? I don't know if singles are released on Tuesday's (the 16th, obviously is the Tuesday between the two shows), as LP's are, but they could use the shows to offer a download of a single, or give the fans the the new single at the gate.? On second thought, this is not a large show, so giving away a download passcode at the gate would not push the single to #1.? I read somewhere, where anyone entering an Elton John show at Wembley a few years ago, was given a passcode for a free download for Elton's new single.? It debuted at #1 on the British charts.? Merck was managing Elton at the time.?

Newsman, that download passcode wont work in the GNR world. We are not Elton John's fanbase. The second that passcode is handed out, the song will be all over the internet.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 04:15:29 PM »

As a longtime GnR fan, but only a relative newcomer to the board, can any of you veterans tell me - it's crazy reading all the speculation threads about a single, the release date, etc. - was the intensity the same around here for the last tour, or have things built up since then?? Just curious...

It's been nuts.

Especially when Better, Catcher In The Rye, TWAT, and IRS leaked.  I'm surprised the server didn't crash.

The boards have been packed with much excitement, crazy anticipation, even crazier (and stupid) rumors, and just happy Gunners.

It certainly seems like shit is finally happening, but thats what we all thought in 2002 as well so........

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: