Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New York Ticket Presale
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York Ticket Presale  (Read 42306 times)
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2006, 06:49:33 PM »

Not to criticize the idea in the slightest, but I just saw something on another thread that caught my eye. ?I know the venue is supposed to have no bad seats, but it wouldn't be quite the same experience if I wasn't in the front row. ?Are the tickets going to be GA, or are they going to be the worst seats in the house, as is often the case with pre sale tickets.

I might risk going for normal sales to get GA tickets cause I've got to see GNR right up front.? I got screwed over in Toronto cause I was so far away (stupid presale).

EDIT:L Still put me down for two tickets though.... I'm just asking about the quality...

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Bono
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2006, 06:51:15 PM »

Is it May 15th and 17th these shows are being played? Also when is this presale taking place? the thought of this thing being loaded with TRUE Gn'R fans has made me excited and even contemplateing doing this. I shouldn't even be thinking about this.I'm an idiot. rofl
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2006, 06:51:53 PM »

I have enough availible to get 4, and i would be more than willing to get them and make sure they get into the hands of real fans at face value. However, i do not want to get stuck with a couple the night of the show and have to sell them to the first person i see, who could be a scalper and rip someone off later. I would be willing to work with some people who could get tickets, that way if one of us doesn't get any, we could still go, and get any extras into the hands of real fans.

It's easy to find out who is a scalper and who isn't, just converse with them about gnr for a bit and if they don't know too much about the band, opt to sell them to someone else, like lets say someone who talks about songs like Coma, Estranged, Locomotive or C.D leaked tracks.. not just the dude who is like "uhhh, Novemeber Rain is my favorite song".. hihi
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »

Is it May 15th and 17th these shows are being played? Also when is this presale taking place? the thought of this thing being loaded with TRUE Gn'R fans has made me excited and even contemplateing doing this. I shouldn't even be thinking about this.I'm an idiot. rofl

As far as I am concerned, this is the biggest gnr show ever, do whatever you need to do to get there. You're assured to get tickets for $63.00 this upcoming week.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2006, 06:54:27 PM »

I have enough availible to get 4, and i would be more than willing to get them and make sure they get into the hands of real fans at face value. However, i do not want to get stuck with a couple the night of the show and have to sell them to the first person i see, who could be a scalper and rip someone off later. I would be willing to work with some people who could get tickets, that way if one of us doesn't get any, we could still go, and get any extras into the hands of real fans.

It's easy to find out who is a scalper and who isn't, just converse with them about gnr for a bit and if they don't know too much about the band, opt to sell them to someone else, like lets say someone who talks about songs like Coma, Estranged, Locomotive or C.D leaked tracks.. not just the dude who is like "uhhh, Novemeber Rain is my favorite song".. hihi

Who's got time to ask every member at every gnr fan board questions....
I think the board should just give each currently active member that joined before the presale was announced an email with a username and password for a site that will give them 4 tickets to the show. ?That was if someone is a scalper that's a member, they can only get 4 tickets.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Bono
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2006, 07:02:39 PM »

It'd be about $750 Canadian for the trip. I'd leave the morning of the 15th arive in the mid afternoon, eat, go straight to the show, after the show eat go straight back to the airport and fly home. rofl I want to, I want to.... Thinking... thinking..... Undecided
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

It'd be about $750 Canadian for the trip. I'd leave the morning of the 15th arive in the mid afternoon, eat, go straight to the show, after the show eat go straight back to the airport and fly home. rofl I want to, I want to.... Thinking... thinking..... Undecided

Trust me, me and at least one other are already working behind the scenes to find a local bar to rent out from Noon-6pm if we can get at least 50 people from this board to commit to going to that location to pre-party, meet each other, and prepare for the concert that night. Do as Jarmo says though, wait until we all got tickets, identify ourselves in the touring section, and I'll use what means I have to try to obtain securing us all a bar to meet at.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2006, 07:12:07 PM »

I always get the presale jitters; for each show I've been to lately, it's all been presale.  And I've been lucky.  But danged if I'm not a bit shaky as I navigate the website to search for tickets the morning of said presale.  What a stressful week coming up!  nervous
Bono
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2006, 07:15:05 PM »

Trust me, me and at least one other are already working behind the scenes to find a local bar to rent out from Noon-6pm if we can get at least 50 people from this board to commit to going to that location to pre-party, meet each other, and prepare for the concert that night. Do as Jarmo says though, wait until we all got tickets, identify ourselves in the touring section, and I'll use what means I have to try to obtain securing us all a bar to meet at.

Do you mean I should wait to get tickets Mr. Intensity and buy them off another member? When is this presale happening? I need that info so I can seriously begin to think about booking a flight. I won't book a flight befroe I have a ticket. I'll go wherever we all decide upon as long as I arrive in New York on time/in time.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2006, 07:15:34 PM »

I'm definitely IN on the pre-show festivities...and hopefully for BOTH nights. I don't know about renting a place out, but there's a cool restaurant/pub called Mustang Sally's around 28th and 8th...not too far from Hammerstein. Might be a cool place to meet up. We'll figure it all out once we've got our tickets.

What we need now...some HTGTH badges that host our usernames for this 'meet & greet'...LOL ?ok

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2006, 07:21:04 PM »

Even though it looks like everyone will get one, I'd like to point out that some of us (like me) have been coming here since 2003, but never registered until the leaks started (why should I? I have no information, and there was really nothing to talk about, other than pointless speculation) - just a thought for some of you guys,
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2006, 07:21:15 PM »

Do you mean I should wait to get tickets Mr. Intensity and buy them off another member? When is this presale happening? I need that info so I can seriously begin to think about booking a flight. I won't book a flight befroe I have a ticket. I'll go wherever we all decide upon as long as I arrive in New York on time/in time.

Buy the tickets direct from the pre-sale that will happen later this week.
Exnavymike
Opening Act

The streets don't change but maybe the names

« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2006, 07:22:07 PM »

Count me in. ?Id like 4 tix for the Monday show. ?But I'll take for the Wednesday show as well. ?

Mysteron, not sure whose idea this was but its a good one and one that I think we here have all earned a right to. ?So Thank You to you or whoever came up with this.

Hope to see all of you there.

www.myspace.com/fear_of         

All I ever wanted was for you to know that I cared.
Bono
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2006, 07:25:31 PM »

So exactly how is this working? We just say we want tickets and we get put on a list? If I understand this right "Bono"(me) will be on a list under the name "Bono"?  Also what day exactly is the presale happening? The tickets go on sale to the public on April 21st?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2006, 07:29:17 PM »

So exactly how is this working? We just say we want tickets and we get put on a list? If I understand this right "Bono"(me) will be on a list under the name "Bono"?? Also what day exactly is the presale happening? The tickets go on sale to the public on April 21st?

Mysteron has more details on this than I at the moment.

I know that it will happen later this week, and the ticket limit of 4 per person will still be enforced. I believe the powers that be are waiting until Monday to work this out with the venue/ticketmaster as it is a holiday weekend and this idea was not confirmed until after working hours on Friday. Trust me, you'll get tickets if you have the money for them this upcoming week for sure.
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2006, 07:29:58 PM »

I am 100% sure that I am going! I need two tickets for each date. I have been waiting for this since The Vegas shows at the Hard Rock in '01. Thanks Mysteron! I hope this happens for all of us.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2006, 07:30:54 PM »

So exactly how is this working? We just say we want tickets and we get put on a list? If I understand this right "Bono"(me) will be on a list under the name "Bono"?  Also what day exactly is the presale happening? The tickets go on sale to the public on April 21st?

I know that it will happen later this week, and the ticket limit of 4 per person will still be enforced. I believe the powers that be are waiting until Monday to work this out with the venue/ticketmaster as it is a holiday weekend and this idea was not confirmed until after working hours on Friday. Trust me, you'll get tickets if you have the money for them this upcoming week for sure.

Mr. I....is that 4 tix total for both nights? or 4 tix PER night???  Personally, I'd shit myself if I get 2 tix for both nights.  keep the info coming, this is exciting.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »

So exactly how is this working? We just say we want tickets and we get put on a list? If I understand this right "Bono"(me) will be on a list under the name "Bono"?? Also what day exactly is the presale happening? The tickets go on sale to the public on April 21st?

Mr. I....is that 4 tix total for both nights? or 4 tix PER night?Huh Personally, I'd shit myself if I get 2 tix for both nights.? keep the info coming, this is exciting.

I don't want to bug Buckethead's hand puppet too many times on Easter Sunday, he's had a rough easter as he didn't get the toy doll of The Crow he wanted and is cranky. Mysteron will have all the details by tommorow afternoon I am sure. I do believe it is 4 tickets to each show though, as management I am sure is aware that most of us would love to see the band on both nights. ok
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2006, 07:35:40 PM »

So are we getting presale for being gnr forum members?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2006, 07:36:27 PM »

So are we getting presale for being gnr forum members?

Yes. The offer is going to be open to all gnr forums as Mysteron stated.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: