Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  so is John 5 the replacement
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: so is John 5 the replacement  (Read 27609 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2006, 10:17:17 PM »

They didn't like when I told them "there is no source to this information". They really, really didn't like it and started to insult me... nice guys!
You know what? Sp1at has no credibility for me anymore. They went too far. This is just a tabloid board for me now. The real deal is here, it's HTGH, credible informations are here.

Here is a part of the PM Gigger sent me yesterday when i told him it was bullshit: "I am 99.5% certain it is John 5."
Guess what? it is not!

I also look at that site as a fraud.. to think gigger has had the audacity to call me "fake" when in fact his site is incorrect 80% of the time.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2006, 10:19:43 PM »

yeah...anyway let's forget that story. They even want to ban me from there now. So to sum-up, I was right, I was insulted and now to finish they want to ban me. This story is simply incredible.
Anyway, let's forget those guys, they don't deserve any respect anymore. It's over. They are not serious. They are tabloids.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »

yeah...anyway let's forget that story. They even want to ban me from there now. So to sum-up, I was right, I was insulted and now to finish they want to ban me. This story is simply incredible.
Anyway, let's forget those guys, they don't deserve any respect anymore. It's over. They are not serious. They are tabloids.

Nesquick, has John 5 made public statement today denying these rumors, I openly admit I haven't been able to get ANY info on the guitarest situation. In my opinion it's a bigger secret than C.D's release date.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2006, 10:25:30 PM »

Because a bunch of people keep saying they have inside info and eventually some of them will finally pull something credible out of their hat. They will just keep naming people until theyre right. All these people want "credibility", and this kind of shit wont stop until they think they have it.

So it's basically wishful speculation with no logical thought let alone factual basis. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »

NOBODY knows if there will be a 3rd guitar player. We don't know it. Sp1at, or no Sp1at. Nobody knows at this stage exept the band. So I think it's pretty arrogant to see some people claiming "I know who the 3rd guitar player is, i'm 99.5 % it's John 5" "I have special top secret information, you must believe me". If you give your source, fine. I you don't, then I have the right not to believe you.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:43:51 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2006, 10:44:16 PM »

Because a bunch of people keep saying they have inside info and eventually some of them will finally pull something credible out of their hat. They will just keep naming people until theyre right. All these people want "credibility", and this kind of shit wont stop until they think they have it.

So it's basically wishful speculation with no logical thought let alone factual basis. yes
Exactly! I'm still waiting for the "Tiny Tim resurrected to replace BH" rumour. rofl rofl

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2006, 10:46:05 PM »

Honest to god, NOTHING would surprise me as far as the third guitarest goes.
speed_stone
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2006, 10:46:18 PM »

this has got to be the most rumoured band in the history of mankind. i bet the reason why axl doesn't go on the internet anymore is that he was laughing himself into a seizure every time he entered a gnr message board and hence was destracted from his work.
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2006, 11:12:49 PM »

I know it's just a rumor, but I like John 5. He's a good guy...  he'd be capable to fill the possition. God only knows who WILL, but still...

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2006, 11:31:46 PM »

As much as I'd like to start a Trey Spruance is the new GNR guitarist thread - I think I won't because it would have the same merit in the "wishful thinking" category - this all seems to be speculation

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
RichardNixon
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2006, 02:15:25 AM »

from blabermouth:

Former MARILYN MANSON Guitarist JOHN 5 Leaves LOSER To Focus On ROB ZOMBIE

- Apr. 17, 2006

Island Records made the decision to drop the band LOSER when founding member John 5 (ex-MARILYN MANSON) opted to leave the group and maintain his position as the guitarist for ROB ZOMBIE. "Being the founding member of LOSER, my decision to leave was not an easy one," said John 5 in a press release. "I've been juggling two careers both with LOSER and ROB ZOMBIE for over one year now. I found it impossible to be in two places at once."

With the success of ROB ZOMBIE's "Educated Horses" 2006 tour and the new dates added to the trek, it became impossible for John 5 to promote LOSER properly. In discussions with Island, John 5 suggested bringing in a replacement guitarist for LOSER's live shows. Island Records was in opposition to the suggestion as that is not "what they had signed on for." Consequently, Island Records chose to drop the act. "I understand the decision from the label but feel it could have worked out for everyone involved," John 5 said. "I wish Joe, Glen and Charles all the success they deserve. They are amazing guys and deserve their shot."

There is currently no word on when ? or if ? LOSER's already completed debut album will be released.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2006, 03:12:48 AM »

As much as I'd like to start a Trey Spruance is the new GNR guitarist thread - I think I won't because it would have the same merit in the "wishful thinking" category - this all seems to be speculation

I'd be skeptical of him dropping out on the eve of the tour Grin...Dean Menta fillled in admirably for FNM though
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2006, 03:16:54 AM »

Trey in GNR.........that opend a whole new door to me Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i dont think so, but hell that would be nasty!! drool

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2006, 08:34:43 AM »

I also look at that site as a fraud.. to think gigger has had the audacity to call me "fake" when in fact his site is incorrect 80% of the time.

Only 80%? I'll take that as a compliment.? hihi

For the record, I maintain that John5 will be the new guitarist even in light of recent press release. If I'm wrong, I'll admit I'm wrong but only when proven wrong.?I guess we'll find out May 15th. beer ok

Nesquick - I'm glad you posted my PM here though, that's very noble of you. I've got a good series of PMs from you about Slash and GnR but I'll refrain from posting them, hence why they are called Private Messages.? rofl
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:39:23 AM by gigger » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2006, 08:41:36 AM »

Gigger didnt write this blog right?

John 5 in Guns N Roses?
I think he would be the perfect addition to the new GnR. I have seen him play live with Halford (Two), Manson and Zombie. He also played with David Lee for an album. Amazing player, great stage presences. Check out his "Vertigo" album. His band, Loser, was supposed to be touring in May BUT I am told by bookers they are canceling the tour. Most clubs have removed them from their website. This could free him up for a few weeks of rehearsal with GnR before they hit Europe in late May. Speaking of Guns n Roses... The leaked demo tracks sound amazing. There is a song called, "Better" that is one of the best rock tracks I have heard in years. IRS is ALSO Killer. People sometime forget what a great songwriter Axl Rose is. He has written some of the true rock classics of the past 19 years... and it sounds like more of them are on the way. For more on John 5 and GnR listen to the recent Talking Metal podcasts.

BUT AGAIN - I know nothing official on John 5 or GnR... no one does. Dizzy Reed said recently on WMMR that he doesn't even know what is going except GnR are playing this summer. It is all guess work my friends.

BUT I was told by someone on the Rob Zombie tour that GnR management had contacted John 5.... I was not told why they were contacting but you would think it might be about playing guitar for one of their artists.

If not then that could  be here he got his info from.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2006, 08:43:17 AM »

Gigger didnt write this blog right?

John 5 in Guns N Roses?
I think he would be the perfect addition to the new GnR. I have seen him play live with Halford (Two), Manson and Zombie. He also played with David Lee for an album. Amazing player, great stage presences. Check out his "Vertigo" album. His band, Loser, was supposed to be touring in May BUT I am told by bookers they are canceling the tour. Most clubs have removed them from their website. This could free him up for a few weeks of rehearsal with GnR before they hit Europe in late May. Speaking of Guns n Roses... The leaked demo tracks sound amazing. There is a song called, "Better" that is one of the best rock tracks I have heard in years. IRS is ALSO Killer. People sometime forget what a great songwriter Axl Rose is. He has written some of the true rock classics of the past 19 years... and it sounds like more of them are on the way. For more on John 5 and GnR listen to the recent Talking Metal podcasts.

BUT AGAIN - I know nothing official on John 5 or GnR... no one does. Dizzy Reed said recently on WMMR that he doesn't even know what is going except GnR are playing this summer. It is all guess work my friends.

BUT I was told by someone on the Rob Zombie tour that GnR management had contacted John 5.... I was not told why they were contacting but you would think it might be about playing guitar for one of their artists.

If not then that could? be here he got his info from.

I didn't write that - and it's not where I got my info from although it was interesting to see it mentioned independantly to what I was told.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2006, 09:21:27 AM »

I also look at that site as a fraud..

what do you mean ? Scott Weiland is the webmaster ?

hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2006, 09:27:50 AM »

I think we all accept that the leaked tracks came from the GNR camp to build up excitement for the tour dates. And considering those tracks, especially Better, heavily featured Buckethead and are likely to be played on tour, I'd say it's 99% certain that Axl had a replacement ready for him months ago. I don't see the point in keeping it a secret from us.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

I don't know if John 5 will get the gig or not... but I don't put much stock into the whole... "I need to focus more on my Zombie obligations..." That's just an attempt to put the best fucking spin possible on the fact that his band got dropped....

Maybe Axl could lure him over with a record deal for Loser...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 01:27:55 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2006, 12:06:12 PM »

does this thread have any real basis...? Just asking I don't feel like going through it all..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: