Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  so is John 5 the replacement
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: so is John 5 the replacement  (Read 27595 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2006, 05:15:57 PM »

When was it officially confirmed that John 5 will tour with GNR this summer??? 
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2006, 05:18:49 PM »

It's still speculation at this point.  John 5 canceled his solo dates and Sp1at has mentioned that John 5 might be considered for GNR.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »

I did not think so. 
speed_stone
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2006, 05:36:10 PM »

i would like to know sp1at's basis for this speculation.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »

It's still speculation at this point.? John 5 canceled his solo dates and Sp1at has mentioned that John 5 might be considered for GNR.
Blame Gigger. He is full of shit . And I didn't appreciate the way he talked to me. The fact is that he met John 5, though he was a cool dude, and now is making propaganda on GNR boards to get him in GNR. But He has no proof. Not even one. It's just speculation. He behaves like a tabloid journalist.
For me it smells like the Michael Angelo Batio rumour. Take it for what it is: just a rumour, and most certainely a false alert. Last thing, don't take too seriously what "Talking Metal" says, I used to like listening to them, I though they were cool, but they gave many many so called "exclusivity" that were completely wrong. I don't listen to them anymore: They don't know more than we do. They just give false hopes and speak about things they don't have a clue about.

I won't believe the John 5 so called "information" until I see it on the news section of HTGH. The day Jarmo will put it on the news I know it will be a credible information. In the meantime, it is not. End of story.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 06:46:32 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2006, 06:47:31 PM »

there better not be keyboard solos in GnR....I'll be pissed rant

Dizzy can come out front wearing one of those keyboard guitar gizmos like you find in Toys R US. He could really shred some keys...

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2006, 06:48:39 PM »

It's still speculation at this point.? John 5 canceled his solo dates and Sp1at has mentioned that John 5 might be considered for GNR.

I won't believe the John 5 so called "information" until I see it on the news section of HTGH. The day Jarmo will put it on the news I know it will be a credible information.

You've been around long enough to know to take these rumors with a grain of salt. ?Love them or hate them, Sp1ats mantra is the same. ?But I'll admit, Gigger was a little harsh on ya.

witekb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »

Dizzy can come out front wearing one of those keyboard guitar gizmos like you find in Toys R US. He could really shred some keys...

It would be Rotfl N' Lol Cheesy

BTW I doubt that John 5 would play with GN'R :]

Polish Guns N' Roses Forum
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl/forum
Polish Guns N' Roses Site
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »

I've just been listening to some john5 solo stuff since first reading this thread. he does sound like he'd be a credible replacement for bucket. wether he actually IS is up for speculation, but it'd be good i think. as good as RF+RF are they are two people, not three people. You think Axl would just play anyway without a drum part? still rumours are rumours. Tommy stinson told me in person when the album would come out, that was new year 2005! (I met him supporting Jesse Malin in leeds, you can or can't believe that if you want. It was discussed when i first posted the news -first post y'see?)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2006, 07:19:49 PM »

I've just been listening to some john5 solo stuff since first reading this thread. he does sound like he'd be a credible replacement for bucket. wether he actually IS is up for speculation, but it'd be good i think. as good as RF+RF are they are two people, not three people. You think Axl would just play anyway without a drum part? still rumours are rumours. Tommy stinson told me in person when the album would come out, that was new year 2005! (I met him supporting Jesse Malin in leeds, you can or can't believe that if you want. It was discussed when i first posted the news -first post y'see?)

Bucket fans were not too happy with John 5's solo material: many of them found it derivative of Bucket's work.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2006, 07:28:04 PM »

rofl rofl rofl KV, that is just too funny.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2006, 08:52:45 PM »

I like John, good player and cool guy in general.

That said, I'm not sure if a role in a 3 guitar rotation playing songs he had no part creating is that appealing of a gig at this point in his career. 

Might not be that smart of a move for Axl either, he catches quite a bit of flack for Finck as it is and the addition of John may just stir up the industrial wanna be pot again.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »

That said, I'm not sure if a role in a 3 guitar rotation playing songs he had no part creating is that appealing of a gig at this point in his career.?
Thats a really good point, Falcon. People should take that into consideration when they hear all this stuff about him being in GNR.

Exnavymike
Opening Act

The streets don't change but maybe the names

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2006, 09:21:59 PM »

Accoding to Blabbermouth, yeah I know who the F are they, John 5 quit his band to join Rob Zombie full time. 

This probably means that he is not available for GNR.  Zombie is touring until May 5.  That leaves 10 days for them to rehearse with him. 

Doesnt seem plausible to me.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=51099

http://www.robzombie.com/tour/default.aspx

www.myspace.com/fear_of         

All I ever wanted was for you to know that I cared.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2006, 09:40:18 PM »

John 5 with Rob Zombie http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=51099

Now gnrfnraxl, gigger and all those fuckers at Sp1at are full of shit. I was right, they were wrong, and from the begining. John 5 not in GNR. Next time, instead of spreading their bullshits and insulting people who don't believe them, they'd better give their source and stop saying that RUMOURS are INFORMATIONS.

Rant Off. It needed to be said? Angry
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:37:54 PM by nesquick » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2006, 09:52:01 PM »

John 5 with Rob Zombie http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=51099

Now gnrfnraxl, gigger and all those fuckers at Sp1at can suck my dick. I was right, they were wrong, and from the begining. John 5 not in GNR. Next time, instead of spreading their bullshits and insulting people who don't believe them, they'd better give their source and stop saying that RUMOURS are INFORMATIONS. They are full of shit.

Rant Off. It needed to be said? Angry

Nesquick, I dont agree with alot of the things you say either, but I think Sp1at was way too harsh with their comments towards you. You are one of their more loyal posters, and the comments they made were way out of line. If thats how Gigger felt, he shouldve sent that to you in a PM.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2006, 09:57:53 PM »

I watched the video of him, he was pretty darn good.

When he said "This song is called 'behind the nut love'" I laughed my ass off, spraying my computer monitor in the process.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »

John's been with Rob for nearly a year now, what on earth made anyone think/wish/believe he'd leave that gig in the first place?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2006, 10:01:55 PM »

They didn't like when I told them "there is no source to this information". They really, really didn't like it and started to insult me... nice guys!
You know what? Sp1at has no credibility for me anymore. They went too far. This is just a tabloid board for me now. The real deal is here, it's HTGH, credible informations are here.

Here is a part of the PM Gigger sent me yesterday when i told him it was bullshit: "I am 99.5% certain it is John 5."
Guess what? it is not!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:07:49 PM by nesquick » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2006, 10:09:30 PM »

John's been with Rob for nearly a year now, what on earth made anyone think/wish/believe he'd leave that gig in the first place?
Because a bunch of people keep saying they have inside info and eventually some of them will finally pull something credible out of their hat. They will just keep naming people until theyre right. All these people want "credibility", and this kind of shit wont stop until they think they have it.
They didn't like when I told them "there is no source to this information". They really, really didn't like it and started to insult me... nice guys!
You know what? Sp1at has no credibility for me anymore. They went too far. This is just a tabloid board for me now. The real deal is here, it's HTGH, credible informations are here.
Yeah I read it Nes. What they said to you was really below the belt. The thing is Nes, there aren't any sources. All these sources exist inside people's imaginations. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The only posters that have any credibility are Mysteron and darknemus. The rest can take a long walk off a short pier.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: