Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Biggeset Monetary Raise You Ever Recieved
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Biggeset Monetary Raise You Ever Recieved  (Read 4720 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: April 16, 2006, 12:16:36 AM »

I just got a 50K raise. I am stoked!
The wife and I are  going to buy a 450K house, and I am getting a Beamer. Or Lexus.
Life is good.
And if you bid against  me on ebay, I will win!! rofl rofl rofl rofl
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 01:09:32 AM »

The wife and I are  going to buy a 450K house, and I am getting a Beamer. Or Lexus.
Life is good.

Cars: Buy a Lexus. Bimmer has been having trouble with the subframes on many of their models. Lawsuits are on the way. Lexus LS430 is the king of the road dude..Benz is killer but has many build flaws as well, but once they are sorted out drive amazing. (PM me for more car questions before purchase if you like, it's my thang)

Just remember though........

A gentleman never brags...........
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 04:34:25 AM »

"My cock is much bigger than yours..."

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 05:34:17 AM »

Life is good.

4% is the biggest raise I've ever recieved, but no way is that $50,000 or even close.  But my house is worth more than $450K.   Tongue
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 08:20:42 AM »

Life is good.

that means you make 50K more every month ?

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 08:34:13 AM »

I guess year.

4% is the biggest raise I've ever recieved, but no way is that $50,000 or even close.  But my house is worth more than $450K.   Tongue

Ahh, marry into money, did ya?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 09:03:40 AM »

I guess year.

oh ok.
so he gotta make like 200k a year now ? or more ?
cause if he got a raise of 50K a year, and was making 50k already, that's like a 100% raise.... kinda wierd ....

Sterlingdog
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 09:33:05 AM »

Ha!  I wish.  No, just good investing at the right time.  I'm the money earner in my family. Plus I live in California where home values are out of control.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 09:51:55 AM »

Ha!  I wish.  No, just good investing at the right time.  I'm the money earner in my family. Plus I live in California where home values are out of control.

im sure i'm paying as much as you for your house.
and my appartment must be the size of your kitchen Smiley.
fuck cities Smiley

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 10:32:05 AM »

The wife and I are? going to buy a 450K house, and I am getting a Beamer. Or Lexus.
Life is good.
And if you bid against? me on ebay, I will win!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

Your earn a fortune, your married - and yet u waste time on a fucking message board?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »

Remember you can end up getting stretched thin even when you make big money. Many people upgrade, buy bigger homes, bigger cars, and are issued more unsecured credit. Then you are right back to being owned by the banks. IMO that is no way to live, but to each their own.

I had a good friend (like a father figure, older guy) who was a millionaire several times over. He owned RE all over Tampa, and owned a successful business. He never upgraded too much. He had a nice (but older) Cadillac which he drove around. He always wore jeans, never bought a bigger home (the home he had was in a nice area though, owned it forever), and never upgraded the home he had. Paid cash for everything and never used credit. Just a cool old Latin guy, that was 67 yrs old going on 18. You never would have guessed he was rich if you saw him. He liked to drink at happy hour and go for Cuban sandwiches for lunch. He simply did not care about all the other crap that went along with it. He just enjoyed what he had and didn?t try for more then he really needed.

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 12:09:42 PM »

I've just got a 14p an hour raise at Asda!! Wooo!!  Grin

That's a hatrick for Doull
Surfrider
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »

Remember you can end up getting stretched thin even when you make big money. Many people upgrade, buy bigger homes, bigger cars, and are issued more unsecured credit. Then you are right back to being owned by the banks. IMO that is no way to live, but to each their own.

I had a good friend (like a father figure, older guy) who was a millionaire several times over. He owned RE all over Tampa, and owned a successful business. He never upgraded too much. He had a nice (but older) Cadillac which he drove around. He always wore jeans, never bought a bigger home (the home he had was in a nice area though, owned it forever), and never upgraded the home he had. Paid cash for everything and never used credit. Just a cool old Latin guy, that was 67 yrs old going on 18. You never would have guessed he was rich if you saw him. He liked to drink at happy hour and go for Cuban sandwiches for lunch. He simply did not care about all the other crap that went along with it. He just enjoyed what he had and didn?t try for more then he really needed.

The people that are really rich are usually that way.? I've known lots of rich people in California that would make tabloid celebrities look poor, yet they are exactly as you describe above.  Those that try to act rich never seem to have as much as they would try to make you think.

I'll concur with Sterling; for those of us that live in California, a $450k house is nothing.? Where I live you can't even buy a 600 square foot condo for that.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 12:15:48 PM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 12:40:35 PM »

The people that are really rich are usually that way.  I've known lots of rich people in California that would make tabloid celebrities look poor, yet they are exactly as you describe above.  Those that try to act rich never seem to have as much as they would try to make you think.

I'll concur with Sterling; for those of us that live in California, a $450k house is nothing.  Where I live you can't even buy a 600 square foot condo for that.

Assuming the 50k raise was net (although probably not, but just for fun), after taxes.......I'd stay in the same lifestyle I had before the raise. I'd dump all that money into an index fund that mirrored blue chip companies. At a conservative return of 9 percent he'd probably have around 800k after 10 yrs (imagine doing that for 15 or 20!). Of course I'm leaving out capital gains etc. But you get my point. Why not take the money and pump it into something and try to create real liquid money, instead of buy more expensive stuff?

I remember reading a thread on another forum about prices in California. There was a link to condos on realtor.com and the prices were out of this world to me. So funny. I guess that is why so many people moved to Las Vegas a few years back. Even now for 450k there you'd get one helluva house. In Utah you'd get a castle!

http://www.utahrealestate.com/585147
http://www.utahrealestate.com/reports/photo/index.wfr?types=&find_listno=585147&ptype=p_res
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 01:06:41 PM »

talking about salary
i am so shocked on how high the salaries are in the usa

i am 23, and i just got a contract for 44K (euros, so thats 52k dollars). with L'Oreal. and that's a big pay for a 23 year old kid,  first job.
but when i look at the salary stats in the us, people get like 60K so easily.
i dunno. not fair.
and i am never sick, so getting free social security dont help me much Sad

SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 01:30:43 PM »

talking about salary

i am 23, and i just got a contract for 44K (euros, so thats 52k dollars). with L'Oreal. and that's a big pay for a 23 year old kid,  first job.
i dunno. not fair.

How does that compare to cost of living?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 02:17:43 PM »

I remember reading a thread on another forum about prices in California. There was a link to condos on realtor.com and the prices were out of this world to me. So funny. I guess that is why so many people moved to Las Vegas a few years back. Even now for 450k there you'd get one helluva house. In Utah you'd get a castle!

Yes, but you'd be in Utah!   Wink

The people that are really rich are usually that way.  I've known lots of rich people in California that would make tabloid celebrities look poor, yet they are exactly as you describe above.  Those that try to act rich never seem to have as much as they would try to make you think.

I actually knew someone who won the California lottery within the first few years of it starting, so it wasn't the huge prize they have now.  It was several million payable over 20 years, so he should have been set.  But he ran through it so quick and owed so much -new cars, houses, vacations, etc.  I don't think there was anything left for his kids when he died. 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »

The people that are really rich are usually that way.? I've known lots of rich people in California that would make tabloid celebrities look poor, yet they are exactly as you describe above.? Those that try to act rich never seem to have as much as they would try to make you think.

I'll concur with Sterling; for those of us that live in California, a $450k house is nothing.? Where I live you can't even buy a 600 square foot condo for that.

Assuming the 50k raise was net (although probably not, but just for fun), after taxes.......I'd stay in the same lifestyle I had before the raise. I'd dump all that money into an index fund that mirrored blue chip companies. At a conservative return of 9 percent he'd probably have around 800k after 10 yrs (imagine doing that for 15 or 20!). Of course I'm leaving out capital gains etc. But you get my point. Why not take the money and pump it into something and try to create real liquid money, instead of buy more expensive stuff?

http://www.utahrealestate.com/585147
http://www.utahrealestate.com/reports/photo/index.wfr?types=&find_listno=585147&ptype=p_res

is an average of 9% over the next 10 years realistic? i haven't invested in the market/funds/401K in a few years, and i was under the impression that expectations for returns had declined a bit.

either way, i'd buy real estate.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 04:00:37 PM »

I've just got a 14p an hour raise at Asda!! Wooo!!? Grin
rofl rofl classic.i live in a card board box and ive put a new blue binbag on the roof of it so it stands out better,now i get more poeple giving me money so does that count as a rise.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 04:31:13 PM »

talking about salary

i dunno. not fair.

How does that compare to cost of living?

well apparently, executive in the us still get 20 to 25% more than europeans ... Sad
alright we got the effeil tower ... Smiley

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: