Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  All the reunion rumors / theories / discussions in this thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All the reunion rumors / theories / discussions in this thread  (Read 27129 times)
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2006, 04:24:42 AM »

Some of you brainless people get on this message board each and every day thinking there is really gonna be some suprise performance (reunion) from the original line-up.? You fan the flames, and stir the pot, and to a point, I think alot of you really think that is what's going to happen. rofl

Let's play school for a second.? Ok?? I realize that most of you here on the board are under 20, and probably are new to GNR and that's fine.? Still 'babies' so to speak.? Now........

Axl has his OWN band now.? Axl has a supposed new record coming out with his OWN band now.? There are LEGALITIES, CONTRACTS, and COMMITMENTS, that are positive proof that this "secret" reunion is NOT gonna happen.? Maybe in a fantasy land it could, but not in real life.? By the way, isn't Slash obligated to another band?? ?Quit fooling yourself people.

Axl is not gonna shit on these new members of GNR!!!? They have shown dedication to him, and incase you haven't heard, they have NEW material that only the NEW members are a part of.?

Point is..... Do you really think AXL is gonna dump the new guys........bring in the old guys.......? and forget about all this money, time, work, and heartache he's put into Chinese Democracy?Huh?? If you do, you need to have your head checked.

Besides, it should be dissapointing to think about the old members getting back together.? I mean, not only is it not 1986 anymore, that would mean everything he's been working on for the last decade is scrapped, and the LONG WAIT begins again.? Let's be honest, AXL hasn't got much time left.? He's not getting any younger.

Class over!
I agree with you, but you sound like a pompous, egomaniacal internet loser.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2006, 04:49:22 AM »

Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff would hold out for a hell of a lot more cash to reform than what GNR have been paid for these festival performances. It's a no-brainer. It might happen one day but not until Chinese Democracy is out of the way.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2006, 05:04:28 AM »

Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff would hold out for a hell of a lot more cash to reform than what GNR have been paid for these festival performances. It's a no-brainer. It might happen one day but not until Chinese Democracy is out of the way.

if gnr reunited they could do a tour with an opening act and that would be simple.. The word would be out (real words) that gnr is reuniting or has reunited and they are doing a major tour and the tickets would sell.. Couple of interviews, maybe show up at a vmas type show or the vmas and the world would know..
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2006, 11:12:55 AM »

Some of you brainless people get on this message board each and every day thinking there is really gonna be some suprise performance (reunion) from the original line-up.  You fan the flames, and stir the pot, and to a point, I think alot of you really think that is what's going to happen. rofl

Let's play school for a second.  Ok?  I realize that most of you here on the board are under 20, and probably are new to GNR and that's fine.  Still 'babies' so to speak.  Now........

Axl has his OWN band now.  Axl has a supposed new record coming out with his OWN band now.  There are LEGALITIES, CONTRACTS, and COMMITMENTS, that are positive proof that this "secret" reunion is NOT gonna happen.  Maybe in a fantasy land it could, but not in real life.  By the way, isn't Slash obligated to another band?   Quit fooling yourself people.

Axl is not gonna shit on these new members of GNR!!!  They have shown dedication to him, and incase you haven't heard, they have NEW material that only the NEW members are a part of. 

Point is..... Do you really think AXL is gonna dump the new guys........bring in the old guys.......  and forget about all this money, time, work, and heartache he's put into Chinese Democracy?Huh?  If you do, you need to have your head checked.

Besides, it should be dissapointing to think about the old members getting back together.  I mean, not only is it not 1986 anymore, that would mean everything he's been working on for the last decade is scrapped, and the LONG WAIT begins again.  Let's be honest, AXL hasn't got much time left.  He's not getting any younger.

Class over!

Thanks Professor.  I generally agree that the reunion idea makes little sense at this point in time -- I would think that Axl would at least want to float the balloon of the new band and the new CD to see if it is successful.  If it is, then he will feel vindicated and the reunion may not happen at all.  If CD is a failure, then I can see a reunion happening in short order.

In any event, the one point that you make is not professorial at all:  if a reunion were indeed in the works, any contractual issues with VR or the new members could be resolved, particularly in light of the ungodly amounts of money at stake in a potential reunion.  Remember, under these circumstances, breach of contract is simply compensated by money, and I guarantee you that the "new" GnR members don't have a gigantic financial, much less equity, stake in the new GnR.  The thornier issue would be Weiland and Clive Davis (if VR had a multi-album deal), but, again, those can be resolved.
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2006, 01:49:43 PM »

Points taken.........  But for those of you that really think when this new tour kicks off in a month or so, the old line-up will suprise everyone, is naive to what's reality and fiction.

However, give the current lineup a chance to run its course,  make a couple of discs, go on a few tours, and fade into the night.  Then, and only then, will you see the old lineup MAYBE do a 3 month tour or so.  Something like the Eagles did back in the day.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »

I've said this before, but I can't see Axl replacing one of his new guys with Duff.  I think he would see it as disloyal to the new band and pretty much everyone who knows him says that he is a very loyal person.  The only thing I think could happen would be for Slash to join, because he'd essentially be filling an open space.  That said, I don't believe it will happen.
madagas
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2006, 01:54:58 PM »

I agree Sterling. beer
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »

The only possible thing is Slash is the replacement for BH, that is it. The rumor is the new guitar player is with the ?band now. We just have to find out who that is.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 03:25:35 PM »

The only possible thing is Slash is the replacement for BH, that is it. The rumor is the new guitar player is with the ?band now. We just have to find out who that is.

why would they hide the identity of the third player with only a little over a month to go.. Wouldn't you want to give the fans ample time to KNOW the new official lineup..
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2006, 03:28:04 PM »

why would they hide the identity of the third player with only a little over a month to go.. Wouldn't you want to give the fans ample time to KNOW the new official lineup..

Not GNR's style... Axl likes to keep us guessing.  ok

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »

the closer we get to the festival....the more i think that there will not be a third guitarist....I have a feeling that they will just rework the songs for 2 guitars instead of 3.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »

Not GNR's style... Axl likes to keep us guessing.? ok

gnr still has style.. Shocked
godiva
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »

I kinda like the surprise element. We just have to wait for RIR to see whether or not there is a third guitar player, and who this might be. I prefer this to knowing beforehand. And I hope to be pleasantly surprised.....  smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't see the place is open for slash.

Do people really think he can sub for BH? Can he play like BH? Huh
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2006, 04:12:28 PM »

I don't see the place is open for slash.

Do people really think he can sub for BH? Can he play like BH? Huh

I dont think so..
Slash wont be back in GNR. That is history..

And like ppbebe said. Slash could not sub Buckethead, coz they play two differets ways..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2006, 05:21:48 PM »

I don't see having Slash and Robin in the same band as being feasible.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2006, 10:48:37 PM »

Besides Slash doesn?t like the new music that this new band is playing, i mean let?s face it, he?s oriented in another direction, and i kinda agree with this:

However, give the current lineup a chance to run its course, make a couple of discs, go on a few tours, and fade into the night. Then, and only then, will you see the old lineup MAYBE do a 3 month tour or so. Something like the Eagles did back in the day.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2006, 01:30:10 AM »

To: metalsludge@metalsludge.tv
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:49 AM
Subject: Gotta phone call about Slash & gnr

Hey Metal Sludge!

I just gotta phone call from a friend of mine who,well, uh...(i can't give out the source). But, remember all the rumor's about Kiss getting back together in 96? I didn't believe the reunion was gonna happen untill I got a phone call from someone inside the business. Well, I got that same phone call today. Seems Axl has offer'd Slash a quite a bit of money to return to Gn'R. Slash will be returning to Gn'R. When asked about Duff....there was no response. So get ready for 2/5 of the original Gn'R line up. If Duff does join or is asked to return to Gn'R....then in my eyes, it would be a Gn'R reunion.
-love ya?
Metal Sludge
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 01:35:42 AM by leesixxrose » Logged
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2006, 01:35:28 AM »

interesting

is the source legit?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2006, 01:36:45 AM »

interesting

is the source legit?

who knows... just thought i would post it over here... pretty interesting but i dont buy it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: