Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  All the reunion rumors / theories / discussions in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All the reunion rumors / theories / discussions in this thread  (Read 24192 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2006, 11:36:19 AM »

But a reunion doesn't necessarily mean that the new band members would be fired. Besides, I don't think Axl would ever do that after all these years and all the effort they've been making. A reunion could simply mean playing a couple of gigs with the old band and that's it.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2006, 11:49:54 AM »

i hope there is never a reunion. The new band kicks ass!

you need to get your head in line... the new band it?s not that cool, actually if they could go away and be replaced by guys with more character and attitud that?d be nice

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2006, 12:15:40 PM »

you need to get your head in line... the new band it?s not that cool, actually if they could go away and be replaced by guys with more character and attitud that?d be nice

Dude, I'm pretty sure we're all allowed to have an opinion on which band we'd prefer to see.  I consider the new band to be Guns N Roses and I'd be sad to see any of them leave. 

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »

Dude, I'm pretty sure we're all allowed to have an opinion on which band we'd prefer to see.? I consider the new band to be Guns N Roses and I'd be sad to see any of them leave.?

I guess you?re right, so sad, i?d like to take a look at the album to see how many songs did they write or helped writing, to see if they can be called a part of the band, well, maybe Finck has a chance.

You can run like a river

Dok
Headliner

« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2006, 12:45:17 PM »

Dude, I'm pretty sure we're all allowed to have an opinion on which band we'd prefer to see.? I consider the new band to be Guns N Roses and I'd be sad to see any of them leave.?

I guess you?re right, so sad, i?d like to take a look at the album to see how many songs did they write or helped writing, to see if they can be called a part of the band, well, maybe Finck has a chance.

No, no...you're right. Compared to Slash, Finck is just a weird guy who likes to watch birds and stuff. I'd like to see rock n' roll played loud and dirty.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2006, 12:48:03 PM »

Well we know the the General is Brain's baby, and that is reputed to be the best song on the album so you might not want to be such a smart ass when you have no idea.  Given that Axl has been working with some of these people for over 8 years, I'm pretty sure they've had some musical input.  Dizzy has often said that Axl makes sure everyone in the band gets input into the songs.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2006, 12:51:38 PM »

so sad axl lets himself be influenced by this people?s likes of music, i mean, it worries me about how this new album is going to sound with the influence of all these guys.

I really hope axl saved the parts that brian may recorded and maybe some of the stuff that buckethead did.

You can run like a river

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2006, 01:32:26 PM »

Now, if on these new shows axl is doing, especially rio or download......... if axl were to take the stage with this fucked up nu-gnr play the songs hes actually completed from Chinese democracy live with the nu , then at the encore, The real deal GNR were to take the stage........well, wouldnt that be something.....one hell of a moment in history dont you think? Shocked

-------and time goes by-------
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2006, 01:34:16 PM »

Can anyone imagine Slash playing Madagascar?  hihi
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2006, 01:35:01 PM »

the old gn?r has too much integrity to do such a thing, it?s not that cool  i think, not sure

You can run like a river

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2006, 03:54:49 PM »

I don't think a reunion's on the cards, but I could see Slash coming in to fill the vacant lead guitarist spot in GN'R.

SG
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2006, 07:25:43 PM »

If only he could play BH's parts like BH does. Otherwise there would be no need for the third guitarist.

Sorry I'm a realist. and non pessimistic one.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2006, 07:27:55 PM »

Can anyone imagine Slash playing Madagascar?  hihi
yea slash wouldnt be able to play it.

gilby77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2006, 08:22:48 PM »

HEY PEOPLE. I RECENTLY FOUND A PAGE THAT IS TRYING TO DEMONSTRATE AXL, SLASH AND THE OTHERS THAT WE ALL WANT GNR BACK. I THINK THE IDEA IS PRETTY COOL. SO GET THERE AND VOTE FOR "YES" PLEASE!

http://www.appetiteforreconstruction.com/
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2006, 08:29:18 PM »

Can anyone imagine Slash playing Madagascar?? hihi

And why not?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2006, 08:34:06 PM »

HEY PEOPLE. I RECENTLY FOUND A PAGE THAT IS TRYING TO DEMONSTRATE AXL, SLASH AND THE OTHERS THAT WE ALL WANT GNR BACK. I THINK THE IDEA IS PRETTY COOL. SO GET THERE AND VOTE FOR "YES" PLEASE!

http://www.appetiteforreconstruction.com/

Is that Adler's new website?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2006, 08:52:02 PM »

We?ll see a slightly changed setlist for every show in 2006......so take it easy.  ok
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2006, 09:29:13 PM »

Can anyone imagine Slash playing Madagascar?? hihi

And why not?

yeah why not? don?t make me laugh, the madagascar solo is not that big deal, it?s easy actually, a friend of mine plays it so well.

You can run like a river

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2006, 07:02:16 AM »

We?ll see a slightly changed setlist for every show in 2006......so take it easy.  ok

we`ll see what kind of setlist we`ll see dude ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2006, 07:15:05 AM »

I don't think a full-blown reunion is imminent... but I do think Slash is very much in play.

Give Slash back all his leads on the old material (thank God).... give him Bucket's parts on the new material, but let him write and record his own shit in its place... give Robin a couple minor leads on the old stuff (e.g. 2nd Rocket Queen solo)... and let him play his own leads on the new material. Fortus is full-time rhythm guitar on all material (a la Izzy and Gilby). It's not crazy... that's what the band was trying out 10 years ago with Slash, Zach Wylde and Paul Huge... if Slash has finally warmed up to the idea and he would rather be playing some serious rock n' roll than whatever the fuck VR is talking about... and if Axl/GN'R can throw him a ton of $$$$.... it matches up.

Basically, Slash fills a need. Not to be harsh... but the other ex-Gunners don't... so they're out in the cold...

Maybe if Stinson or Brain flakes out... then McKagan and/or Sorum would probably get a call... but I think Axl will roll with the new guys as long as they're reporting for duty.
That's pretty much what I'd say, but I'd let Fortus play a couple of leads too; the Rocket Queen slide one, the Think About You one, maybe have him and Slash double up on the first Nightrain solo as he did with Bucket. November Rain, I'd keep the same setup they had in 2002, with Slash taking the final solo and the other guys playing the first two solos. Fortus is too good a guitarist to waste on rhythm parts only...

SG
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: