Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  All the reunion rumors / theories / discussions in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All the reunion rumors / theories / discussions in this thread  (Read 24193 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2006, 05:16:55 PM »

its interesting to think that after axl roses latest official statement concerning slash, duff, etc. weiland was the only one who responded to the statement. slash never released anything about it nor did anybody els with the exception of duff i geuss but that wasn't? a statement, more like an answer to a question in an interview. but never the less slash never denied aything axl said in his statement. now when matt randomly see's axl he greets himself and acts all buddy buddy with him. if the stuff axl said in his statement was false i think matt would have held a grudge and ignored him.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 05:30:15 PM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2006, 06:22:31 PM »

if the stuff axl said in his statement was false i think matt would have held a grudge and ignored him.

Maybe that's one of the things they discussed, Matt did say they cleared some things up.

But as for this rumour, smells like bullshit to me. And I don't trust Metal Sludge either.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2006, 06:40:17 PM »

Alright, so we know Fortus said they're rehearsing right now, but yet he's the only new member to announce the tour dates on his site. Now, if the reunion stuff is true (which its probably not), did anyone think that maybe Fortus is hanging around because Izzy and Gilby don't want to/can't do it? Izzy doesn't want to tour or be in the public eye anymore, and Gilby is busy doing the Supernova/Rockstar 2 thing, so I'm sure he has an iron clad contract and can't do anything else. Fortus may simply be the rhythm guitarist in a reunited GN'R. (Again, if its true - and while its prob. not, there are some signs that CANNOT be ignored.)

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2006, 06:46:53 PM »

My thought about the reunion rumours is that:

1) Jarmo should set up a 'sticky' thread for people to post their reunion wet dreams in

or

2) Jarmo should set up an entire reunion sub-forum as every second post is about that boring topic.

I managed to miss the fact that Guns are doing warm up gigs in a swanky hall in a months time. That is bound to be the place where a single video shoot is done. Things like that are important, the fact that Slash and Axl theoretically could one day not hate each other isn't.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2006, 06:49:18 PM »

you know, there are forums out there that sensor words band names like slipknot and coldplay as if they were curse words. i would like to see a similar implementation here with reference to 'reunion'.
Eric
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2006, 06:49:43 PM »

Reunion had been denied 1,00o times Huh
Eric
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2006, 06:53:06 PM »

There were a lot of things said, a lot of bitter things, money lost, friendships ended-like when you fight with your friends, you say things that might not be true, and this is a multi-million dollar band we are talking about-I'm a big Van Halen fan, you should see that he said/she said mess over the years-it happens when any band breaks up
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »

Alright, so we know Fortus said they're rehearsing right now, but yet he's the only new member to announce the tour dates on his site.

Even if I'd play along with the idea for argument's sake, Tommy might still be around because he hasn't even updated his site on the Soul Asylum gig in Philly, which he's doing today. So his website doesn't prove him either way. Robin doesn't have a tour section on his site. Brain doesn't even have a website.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2006, 07:01:05 PM »

tommy said yesterday in the radio show that he was in GNR
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2006, 07:03:31 PM »

No-one questions his involvement (well, other than those pesky nay-sayers, who tend to know it all).

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2006, 07:05:09 PM »

you know, there are forums out there that sensor words band names like slipknot and coldplay as if they were curse words. i would like to see a similar implementation here with reference to 'reunion'.

hihi

That's actually a nice idea? hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »

Tommy sounded like the biggest pussy on that radio show yesterday.  He was very shady when asked about GNR.  Said he was in, then paused and said, "we'll see."  Something is very wrong in the GNR camp.  He did not want any GNR played either last night on the show.  Then, after he got off the show, the DJ played November Rain.  That was a "non" positive interview in regards to GNR.  He did say he was interested in getting back together with the Mats.  He seemed to talk about everything except GNR.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2006, 07:38:31 PM »

IF, however, there's a reunion, I would much rather see Adler playing than Sorum. But that's a whole new story.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2006, 07:40:22 PM »

Tommy says he'll update you guys as soon as he figures out his
schedule and gets things nailed down where he's gonna be and when, but
he's been very busy traveling and rehearsing with SA and GNR both, so
stay tuned.

Pepper

This was posted by Tommy's webmaster.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2006, 09:38:52 PM »

stay tuned.

Pepper

/jarmo

I can't see that on Tommy's website. Did he posted on a mailling list or something?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2006, 09:56:17 PM »

Wow, they must do cyber rehearsals.  How can you have members all over the country rehearsing together?  Oh never mind, other then Axl and I guess Tommy, I am not so sure on Tommy, who else is in the band to rehearse?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2006, 12:33:05 AM »

I don't think a full-blown reunion is imminent... but I do think Slash is very much in play.

Give Slash back all his leads on the old material (thank God).... give him Bucket's parts on the new material, but let him write and record his own shit in its place... give Robin a couple minor leads on the old stuff (e.g. 2nd Rocket Queen solo)... and let him play his own leads on the new material. Fortus is full-time rhythm guitar on all material (a la Izzy and Gilby). It's not crazy... that's what the band was trying out 10 years ago with Slash, Zach Wylde and Paul Huge... if Slash has finally warmed up to the idea and he would rather be playing some serious rock n' roll than whatever the fuck VR is talking about... and if Axl/GN'R can throw him a ton of $$$$.... it matches up.

Basically, Slash fills a need. Not to be harsh... but the other ex-Gunners don't... so they're out in the cold...

Maybe if Stinson or Brain flakes out... then McKagan and/or Sorum would probably get a call... but I think Axl will roll with the new guys as long as they're reporting for duty.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 12:39:05 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2006, 06:45:30 AM »

stay tuned.

Pepper

/jarmo

I can't see that on Tommy's website. Did he posted on a mailling list or something?

Yeah, the Tommy Stinson board on Yahoo Groups.

Pandora posted the same thing in here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28449.0

But I guess a lot of people ignored it and kept going on and on about the reunion instead.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2006, 11:11:30 AM »

Wow, they must do cyber rehearsals.? How can you have members all over the country rehearsing together?? Oh never mind, other then Axl and I guess Tommy, I am not so sure on Tommy, who else is in the band to rehearse?

Fortus seems to be for sure, and most likely robin finck also

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

i hope there is never a reunion. The new band kicks ass!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: