Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FREE GUNS N' ROSES SHOW FOR PHILLY Petition!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FREE GUNS N' ROSES SHOW FOR PHILLY Petition!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8134 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2006, 07:24:10 AM »

it`s a difference, if they actually get onstage for some songs, or if they just don`t show up i think......

and well....   just wait for the next north american tour and you`ll probably get your gnr concerts ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »

it`s a difference, if they actually get onstage for some songs, or if they just don`t show up i think......

and well....? ?just wait for the next north american tour and you`ll probably get your gnr concerts ok

And you'll also get your GnR no shows!! HAHAHA
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2006, 09:40:28 AM »

a free shows just silly. i mean its not even a full tour, is just a couple of big festival dates a few one off shows like new york.

Though i spose we got half of chinese democ for free..maybe axl did that for making everyone wait so long  hihi

html sucks
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2006, 09:47:16 AM »

yeah, and in 2001 they canceled twice !
and also. i want a twix bar.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2006, 10:27:06 AM »

European tour 2001:

• June 1st N?rnberg, Germany @ Rock Im Park -> June 2nd, 2006: Eifel, Germany @ N?rburgring (Rock Am Ring)
  • June 3rd Nurburg, Germany @ Rock Am Ring -> June 2nd, 2006: Eifel, Germany @ N?rburgring (Rock Am Ring)
  • June 5th Berlin, Germany @ Waldbuhne -> June 2nd, 2006: Eifel, Germany @ N?rburgring (Rock Am Ring)
  • June 9th London, England @ Docklands Arena -> Dec 13th London, England @ London Arena -> Aug 26th, 2002 - London, England @ Docklands Arena
  • June 10th London, England @ Docklands Arena -> Dec 14th London, England @ London Arena -> Aug 26th, 2002 - London, England @ Docklands Arena
  • June 12th Glascow, Scotland @ SECC -> Dec 16th Glasgow, Scotland @ SECC -> June 11th, 2006: Donington, UK @ Donington Park (Download Festival)
  • June 13th Manchester, England @ Evening News Arena -> Dec 18th Manchester, England @ Evening News Arena -> Aug23rd, 2002 - Leeds, England @ Temple Newsam Park (Leeds Festival) AND June 11th, 2006: Donington, UK @ Donington Park (Download Festival)
  • June 14th Birmingham, England @ NEC -> Dec 19th Birmingham, England @ NEC -> June 11th, 2006: Donington, UK @ Donington Park (Download Festival)
  • June 17th Imola, Italy @ Heineken Jammin Fest -> June 4th, 2006: Milan, Italy @ Idroscalo (Gods of Metal Festival)
  • June 19th Madrid, Spain @ Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas -> May 28th, 2006: Madrid, Spain @ Auditorio Parque Juan Carlos I
  • June 20th Barcelona, Spain @ Palau Sant Jordi -> May 28th, 2006: Madrid, Spain @ Auditorio Parque Juan Carlos I
  • June 23rd Arnhem, The Netherlands @ Gelredome Stadium -> Dec2nd Arnhem, The Netherlands @ Gelredome Stadium -> July 2nd, 2006: Nijmegen, The Netherlands @ Goffertpark
  • June 25th Stockholm, Sweden @ Globen -> Dec 7th Stockholm, Sweden @ Globen -> June 26th, 2006: Stockholm, Sweden @ Globen
  • June 26th Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum -> Dec 5th Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum -> June 28th & July 8th, 2006: Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum
  • June 28th Roskilde, Denmark @ Roskilde Festival -> June 29th, 2006: Roskilde, Denmark @ (Roskilde Festival)
  • June 30th Werchter, Belgium @ Werchter Festival -> Aug 24th, 2002 - Hasselt-Kiewit, Belgium AND June 24th, 2006: Dessel, Belgium (Graspop Metal Meeting)
  • December 9th Helsinki, Finland @ Hartwall Areena -> July 5th & 6th, 2006: Helsinki, Finland @ Hartwall Areena
  • May 30th 2004 - Lisbon, Portugal (Rock in Rio-Lisbon Festival) -> May 27th, 2006: Lisbon, Portugal @ Parque da Bela Vista
  • (Rock In Rio 2006)
[/size]

You'll get your show one day....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:37:07 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »

The GNR FANS in WASHINGTON, DC; GREENVILLE, SC; TAMPA, FL; WEST PLAM BEACH, FL; BILOXI, MS; HOUSTON, TX; DALLAS, TX; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; PHOENIX, AZ; SAN DIEGO, CA; LAS VEGAS, NV; SACRAMENTO, CA; SAN JOSE, CA; and INGLEWOOD, CA say GET OVER IT ALREADY!!! ?

what about ohio cheif ?? Wink

Yo, freek!!!? Where were you??? Even AXL showed up for the Ohio shows!!!

November 24th, 2002 - Cleveland, OH @ Gund Arena?
Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Madagascar, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Buckethead Solo, Rocket Queen, The Blues, My Michelle, Patience, Chinese Democracy, Nightrain
Encore: Robin Solo, Paradise City

Notes: Axl's in a very talkative mood tonight. He talks to a fan in the front row because he looked bummed out, turns out the fan was having a great time.
When introducing Richard, he told a story about Richard's first audition with the band. After it Richard flew back home and at the airport someone ran up to him and said "Hey Izzy, can I get your autograph?". Axl took that as a good omen and signed Richard.

Later on in the show Axl talked about singing in the church choir as a kid and how this was not quite what they expected him to end up doing.

Attendance: 9000?

Opening acts: CKY and Mix Master Mike
? ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 25th, 2002 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena?
Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Madagascar, Axl Piano Solo, November Rain, Band Intro/Drum Solo, Buckethead Solo, Rocket Queen, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, Patience, Nightrain
Encore: Robin Solo, Paradise City
? ?
Notes: After Think About You Axl talks about the OSU riots of last weekend. Obviously in a very good mood, he tells us that when he saw the reports of the riots on TV, he checked his watch and thought he was late for the show or something ("What, am I late already?").
After Patience Axl asks the Security Guard to hand his microphone to a guy screaming for Nightrain. The guy yells out Nightrain, Axl gets the mic back and the band launches into the song.

Attendance: 6000

Opening acts: CKY and Mix Master Mike

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2006, 02:25:38 PM »

The GNR FANS in WASHINGTON, DC; GREENVILLE, SC; TAMPA, FL; WEST PLAM BEACH, FL; BILOXI, MS; HOUSTON, TX; DALLAS, TX; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; PHOENIX, AZ; SAN DIEGO, CA; LAS VEGAS, NV; SACRAMENTO, CA; SAN JOSE, CA; and INGLEWOOD, CA say GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!?

There is a slight difference between those shows and Philly, as those who attended the philly show had chairs hurled at them and spent a lot of money getting there parking and eating at the venue.

are you really serious man?

so technically Axl, or to be more presice, the gn'r organisation, owes you, five bucks for the union senter philly cheese sandwitch, three bucks for the parking, add another five for the gas if you live outside of philly plus a ten for the beers and you'll be golden... you got to be kidding...

Try again, my girlfriend, me and my best buddy spent over 100 bucks at that concert (not including the tickets / but including gas) that we won't get back.

I'm not bitter about the event (I kinda think it was cool now that I look back at it.. because EVERYONE remembers that date.. it's almost as famious as St. Louis or Montreal), but Axl owes us.  He doesn't owe us a free concert but he owes us something special once they finally return to the area.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »

Okay.....thanks a fuckin' lot everyone.

To the 9(!) other people who signed it,"Thank you!".

A big fuck you to all the rest.

Many people seemed to say "Yeah! Good luck,it'll never happen!"or "Online pettion never work."
?
 Well,with THAT attitude,how do YOU ever accomplish ANYTHING?!?!?!? What kind asshole mentality is THAT??? You sound like a fuckin' LOSER with that mindset.

First off, FUCK Vancouver!!! I've never seen anyone from there take the fuckin' initiative and write out there own fuckin' Petition!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same goes for Montreal or St. Louis.

Second, I AM still pissed off and wanted to TRY to do something about it,instead of just reliving it over and over.

If YOU want something,YOU have to try for it!!!!!!! Like I'm fuckin' doing here!!!!!!!

Ya know,I thought this was a GNR "Community". What a fuckin' joke that is. Seems like hundreds of little independent states,who won't help their fellow neighbor.

Most of you people don't seem to give a fuck or simply won't bother,thinking it will fail,which in effect,it would,if YOU make it fail.

If all of you assholes who said it wouldn't happen ,ACTUALLY signed the fuckin' thing,it'd over 50 strong by now!!!!!

Don't you realize that:
? A) there is strength in numbers
? ? ?and that
? B) Axl and his Mgmt. DO read this fuckin' board to gauge fan reaction to EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

? Look,
 I took the initiative and wrote it out. The LEAST you could do was fuckin' SIGN it.

I mean,how hard would that be???

? ? Fuck you naysayers. Buncha Miserable bastards.

Now,get off your ass and fuckin' SIGN IT!!

? ? With Love,

? ? ? ?MATT
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 12:37:33 PM »

Had tickets to the GREENVILLE, SC show and never did get a refund .End up eating over a $100 bucks on that deal .And you don't see me whinning about getting a free show.

I know what you mean.  I had 2 tickets for the Greenville show was well.  No refund. 

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 12:41:01 PM »

lots of words, random capitalization and horrible grammar

No, thank you!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »

It is quite amusing.. If you went to a true "community" website like craigslist you'd be mocked for even caring about Guns N Roses ("Who the heck cares about them"). But you come to a GnR site and you get "Fuck you, Axl doesn't owe you shit..."

Matt the real Fan, to quote Homer Simpson - "Lisa, you learned a very important lesson today.. You tried and failed. Lesson learned?? Never try." hihi
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 12:55:46 PM by pasnow » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »

Well since you only got, what did you say 9 signings...I'd still send it to whoever you were going to send it to (what were you gonna do with it anyway McGuyver?)...that sends a stronger message than thousands of signatures...know what I mean? Think about it! LOL! Nothing ventured nothing gained dude...don't feel bad...
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2006, 12:59:10 PM »

Pasnow,thanks for the laugh but,did you sign it?!? Huh?

And eat my dick DunkinDave. You fuckin' scumbag.
I have perfectly fine grammar,you pussy. Grow up and move out of your parents basement. That said,have a great day you bitch!! ? Cheesy

? ? MATT

?

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2006, 01:02:14 PM »

Pasnow,thanks for the laugh but,did you sign it?!? Huh?

And eat my dick DunkinDave. You fuckin' scumbag.
I have perfectly fine grammar,you pussy. Grow up and move out of your parents basement. That said,have a great day you bitch!! ? Cheesy

? ? MATT

?

Yes, I'm #5.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »

I have perfectly fine grammar

parents basement

lol
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »

wow, 11 people signed Huh
ROSE22
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

Okay.....thanks a fuckin' lot everyone.

To the 9(!) other people who signed it,"Thank you!".

A big fuck you to all the rest.

Many people seemed to say "Yeah! Good luck,it'll never happen!"or "Online pettion never work."
?
 Well,with THAT attitude,how do YOU ever accomplish ANYTHING?!?!?!? What kind asshole mentality is THAT??? You sound like a fuckin' LOSER with that mindset.

First off, FUCK Vancouver!!! I've never seen anyone from there take the fuckin' initiative and write out there own fuckin' Petition!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same goes for Montreal or St. Louis.

Second, I AM still pissed off and wanted to TRY to do something about it,instead of just reliving it over and over.

If YOU want something,YOU have to try for it!!!!!!! Like I'm fuckin' doing here!!!!!!!

Ya know,I thought this was a GNR "Community". What a fuckin' joke that is. Seems like hundreds of little independent states,who won't help their fellow neighbor.

Most of you people don't seem to give a fuck or simply won't bother,thinking it will fail,which in effect,it would,if YOU make it fail.

If all of you assholes who said it wouldn't happen ,ACTUALLY signed the fuckin' thing,it'd over 50 strong by now!!!!!

Don't you realize that:
? A) there is strength in numbers
? ? ?and that
? B) Axl and his Mgmt. DO read this fuckin' board to gauge fan reaction to EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

? Look,
 I took the initiative and wrote it out. The LEAST you could do was fuckin' SIGN it.

I mean,how hard would that be???

? ? Fuck you naysayers. Buncha Miserable bastards.

Now,get off your ass and fuckin' SIGN IT!!

? ? With Love,

? ? ? ?MATT
hey tough shit dude. when gn'r comes to philly in the fall you'll pay to see them just like everyone else who wants to go. when they come you still are bitching and want to take some sort of a stand...maybe you'll miss the show because of your "cause".  but if you pay like everyone else you'll probably get some sort of an apology out of axl and you should be happy with that. i will say that i would be pissed to but there have been many cancelations by this band over the years. that along with the riots are unfortunately part of the gn'r package. i admire your spunk but give it up kid. 
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »

though i will point out that the band has said that they plan on doing something special for philly as an apology because "we owe them".

im not sure if that is really going to pan out, but as long as they acknowledged the fuck up, im cool with it for now.

a free show? that is going overboard. maybe pulling out a couple tracks they dont normally play, or trying that hat trick again by scheduling a show the next night at the spectrum and making the tickets super cheap. but a free show is a huge stretch there.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2006, 07:29:30 PM »

though i will point out that the band has said that they plan on doing something special for philly as an apology because "we owe them".

im not sure if that is really going to pan out, but as long as they acknowledged the fuck up, im cool with it for now.

a free show? that is going overboard. maybe pulling out a couple tracks they dont normally play, or trying that hat trick again by scheduling a show the next night at the spectrum and making the tickets super cheap. but a free show is a huge stretch there.

You know it's funny you mention that.. I now remember they were handing out "coupons"(basically small flyers) for a 2nd show at the smaller Spectrum that Sunday night. Maybe I'm mistaken, but does anyone else recall this?? They seemed kindof halfassed, almost a last second effort to prevent a major riot so fans would think "Oh, I'll just goto Sunday's show"
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »

no, it was done to help promote the spetrum gig, which was added last minute as an attempt to get into the guiness book of world records for having two sold out shows two nights in a row with the least distance between venues.

or something to that effect. i have the idea right, but the wording a little wrong.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: