Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:13:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FREE GUNS N' ROSES SHOW FOR PHILLY Petition!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FREE GUNS N' ROSES SHOW FOR PHILLY Petition!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8137 times)
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 07:50:45 PM »

The GNR FANS in WASHINGTON, DC; GREENVILLE, SC; TAMPA, FL; WEST PLAM BEACH, FL; BILOXI, MS; HOUSTON, TX; DALLAS, TX; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; PHOENIX, AZ; SAN DIEGO, CA; LAS VEGAS, NV; SACRAMENTO, CA; SAN JOSE, CA; and INGLEWOOD, CA say GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!?

There is a slight difference between those shows and Philly, as those who attended the philly show had chairs hurled at them and spent a lot of money getting there parking and eating at the venue.

are you really serious man?

so technically Axl, or to be more presice, the gn'r organisation, owes you, five bucks for the union senter philly cheese sandwitch, three bucks for the parking, add another five for the gas if you live outside of philly plus a ten for the beers and you'll be golden... you got to be kidding...

It's "cheesesteak", not "cheese sandwitch" and anyone who orders one inside the stadium doesn't deserve getting that money for being so stupid. Just go to any local pizza shop for a killer one. Three bucks for parking?? Try $8.

I was at the show, Ticketmaster kept my the $3 service fee. I don't feel I deserve a 'free' show, although Rage against the Machine gave one here. When they were on Lollapalooza and just becoming big, they came out & stood naked the whole set because they were protesting someone on death row for killing a Philly cop (Please don't post anything regarding his 'innocence'). As for GnR, they might be back in philly, might not. They might have to play the Tweeter in Camden, holds about 7,000. I don't think they will sell out the big venue's, last tour only sold about 7,000 tix to a 20,000 hockey/basketball arena. Haha, It was a HUGE let down when 11:00 hit & no band. Man that fuckin sucked, Axl's such a duechebag... Why do I keep waiting for this stupid album.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »

Everyone always talks about how gnr should play a free show in philly, what about Vancouver?
I was at the Vancouver show and spent a lot of money getting there for travel, food, hotel etc., but I wouldn't want gnr to play a free show to make up for it. The reason is that if gnr played a free show a ton of people would show up just to boo Axl and cause trouble at the concert. These kinds of people would not be willing to pay 60 bucks to do that at a gnr show, but if it was free they would be more than willing to go to the concert just to try to piss Axl off. Free shows are never a good idea, and even more so when it comes to the gnr type of crowd.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 07:57:21 PM »

I signed it. I think the fact that the opening bands played and then and hour and half went by after that before the venue announced that Guns wouldnt be there makes Philly worse.  Plus the fact that the Vancouver situation couldnt be helped, Axl didnt want to cancel that show. He was on his way there, and the promoters decided to cancel it.
Origen
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »

Do you honestly think this will achieve anythink ? Really...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 07:58:14 PM »

No, but what have we got to lose? Nothing!!!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 08:35:17 PM »

No, but what have we got to lose? Nothing!!!

I agree, it took me 20 seconds, why not sign it.. I was at the 02 show, and how great would it be if it got 10,000 votes.. or more. I know it won't but still. My guess is it'll get less than 100 but I did all I can do (aside from signing it multiple times, but that's not right). As for Vancouver, Wasn't that their first show of the tour. THAT IS Axl's fault. First tour in 10 years & he can't spend the night before in the city?? Especially since he's flying between countries, dealing with visa, passports etc. I don't wanna hear "OH, Axl was on his way." "His flight was late" blah blah blah, Axl blew it!!!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 08:50:12 PM »

And in my case, I drove 4 hrs so it was more that $5 in gas.  I had a hotel and got a babysitter for 24hrs.  But, I don't care if there is a free show in Philly or not because I won't do that again.  Undecided

Why don't you just....
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 08:53:23 PM »

yea if axl doesnt show up to the ny show im going to i will fucking go to one of the shows i know hes at go in there and kick his ass and get my money from axl himself.

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 08:55:42 PM »

yea if axl doesnt show up to the ny show im going to i will fucking go to one of the shows i know hes at go in there and kick his ass and get my money from axl himself.

Amen to that.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2006, 09:00:43 PM »

I love the new band and axl but if he fucking doesnt show to one of these concerts just because he didnt want to go then i will toast all the CDs and free some space up on my ipod.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 09:11:26 PM »

FUCKIN A GO FOR IT DUDE !

the one an only horsey !
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006, 09:23:52 PM »

The GNR FANS in WASHINGTON, DC; GREENVILLE, SC; TAMPA, FL; WEST PLAM BEACH, FL; BILOXI, MS; HOUSTON, TX; DALLAS, TX; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; PHOENIX, AZ; SAN DIEGO, CA; LAS VEGAS, NV; SACRAMENTO, CA; SAN JOSE, CA; and INGLEWOOD, CA say GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!?

There is a slight difference between those shows and Philly, as those who attended the philly show had chairs hurled at them and spent a lot of money getting there parking and eating at the venue.

are you really serious man?

so technically Axl, or to be more presice, the gn'r organisation, owes you, five bucks for the union senter philly cheese sandwitch, three bucks for the parking, add another five for the gas if you live outside of philly plus a ten for the beers and you'll be golden... you got to be kidding...

It's "cheesesteak", not "cheese sandwitch" and anyone who orders one inside the stadium doesn't deserve getting that money for being so stupid. Just go to any local pizza shop for a killer one. Three bucks for parking?? Try $8.

I was at the show, Ticketmaster kept my the $3 service fee. I don't feel I deserve a 'free' show, although Rage against the Machine gave one here. When they were on Lollapalooza and just becoming big, they came out & stood naked the whole set because they were protesting someone on death row for killing a Philly cop (Please don't post anything regarding his 'innocence'). As for GnR, they might be back in philly, might not. They might have to play the Tweeter in Camden, holds about 7,000. I don't think they will sell out the big venue's, last tour only sold about 7,000 tix to a 20,000 hockey/basketball arena. Haha, It was a HUGE let down when 11:00 hit & no band. Man that fuckin sucked, Axl's such a duechebag... Why do I keep waiting for this stupid album.

thanks man, i knew it was something that had to do with philly and cheese lol. ok

i feel the need to sympathize? for the ones who got let down in philly tho. Please don't get me wrong here, i have been let down myself three or four times so i kind of know what you are talking about and i see how philly was one of the worst incidents, not to forget vancouver.

Isn't it a little extra cool tho to be able to wear the t-shirt that says "i survived union sentre" since thats actually what you did, I wear that shirt thinking of you who did he he. I'm mean to actually have been in a fuckin' gn'r riot is pretty cool, i know it's not cool, but it's still cool... I have always kind of looked up to you survivors kind of like when you look up to the "big kids" in grade school, with respect he he and honor ahhh. Grin

I don't see how any petition of any kind could make axl do jack shit other than what the fuck he self pleases and feels right about. i mean lol, an online petition? rofl

while we're on petitions, could someone tell me some stories about the top10 greatest online petitions? beer

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:31:49 PM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
kingoffspring
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 09:59:26 PM »

Im in phoenix and and had tix and all i fucking want is for them to show up i dont care how much i have to pay.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 10:09:03 PM »

Online petitions never work.
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 11:49:28 PM »

I went to the free concert the Rolling Stones played in Rio and it was awesome!! yes
But I really doubt GN'R would do that..... and seriously, a petition to have them there would work a lot more than a petition to have them there for free!
I'm going to the shows in Dublin and Paris and I live in Brazil..... that's a lot of money but it'll be worth it if they show up!!  beer
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 11:56:27 PM »

So why an online petition got to bring Pearl Jam to Brazil for the very first time last year?

xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2006, 12:00:50 AM »

So why an online petition got to bring Pearl Jam to Brazil for the very first time last year?
Very true!! But still...... GN'R, in my opinion, is not that nice..... that's why we love them!  yes
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006, 12:33:29 AM »

GOOD FUCKING LUCK.  DO YOU THINK AXL CARES? OR CLEAR CHANNEL?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006, 01:22:26 AM »

The GNR FANS in WASHINGTON, DC; GREENVILLE, SC; TAMPA, FL; WEST PLAM BEACH, FL; BILOXI, MS; HOUSTON, TX; DALLAS, TX; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; PHOENIX, AZ; SAN DIEGO, CA; LAS VEGAS, NV; SACRAMENTO, CA; SAN JOSE, CA; and INGLEWOOD, CA say GET OVER IT ALREADY!!! ?

what about ohio cheif ?  Wink

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2006, 04:43:22 AM »

What about Vancouver? Or St. Louis? They didn't finish the set in St. Louis in '91 was it?

Freebies for all!!  no

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: