Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:36:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R on SNL in May possible?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R on SNL in May possible?  (Read 3854 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: April 14, 2006, 08:56:53 PM »

Anyone know if SNL is still on say May 13th, 2 days before GNR is to play in NYC?? I believe it should be, the season finale is usually in May but I think more towards the end.? How about GNR as the musical guest since they're gonna be in town anyway?? Sounds good to me.? I checked the SNL site at NBC.com and couldn't find anything on the show past tomorrow.? Maybe they already have musical guests booked for the rest of the season.? All just pure speculation but, it would make some sense, get even more of a buzz leading to the 2 warmup shows.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 06:48:24 AM by jarmo » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:01:14 PM »

Why would GnR ever play on SnL?  I could honestly picture having CD in my hands before seeing Axl playing new GnR on SnL and maybeing appearing in a skit.  Come on its Axl for godsake.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03:50 PM »

I used to be a huge Pearl Jam fan. ?Got all their CD's and loved them up through Vitalogy. ?No Code was okay, but Yield and Binaural were enough for me. ?I gave up after those. ?I do like World Wide Suicide, though I haven't liked Unemployable the 2 times I heard it. ?Regardless the point of this post wasn't really about Pearl Jam. ?It's the fact that they're on SNL to promote their upcoming album. ?Just speculating that it wouldn't be a bad idea for GNR to get into the spotlight since they hopefully will have an album forthcoming and would be in NY for the 2 shows they just scheduled to play anyway. ?It almost makes too much sense.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:04:37 PM »

no buzz for GnR right now (No Single No Album).....they aren't gonna be there

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »

Hey, System of a Down played on SNL last season. ?Tell me they fit the mold.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 09:06:37 PM »

Agree the buzz is lacking right now.  But it could pick up between now and the 2 shows in NYC.  It isn't out of the realm of possibilities to get a single out in less than a month.  It would make sense since they're going to be playing a bunch of shows anyway.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 09:07:56 PM »

Pearl Jam used to have some good songs, but nowadays it's just... erm, well you know.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't think GNR would play on SNL. I think the NY warm up is gonna be their first big appearance.
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 09:09:04 PM »

the only way you get on snl these days is if you have an album to promote.  so no, they won't be on.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 09:10:10 PM »

Agree the buzz is lacking right now.? But it could pick up between now and the 2 shows in NYC.? It isn't out of the realm of possibilities to get a single out in less than a month.? It would make sense since they're going to be playing a bunch of shows anyway.

yeah it's not totally impossible...but SNL only has musical guests that are in huge rotation on the Radio

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:12 PM »

Hey, System of a Down played on SNL last season. ?Tell me they fit the mold.
Witha catchy song like that hit that was both radio and tv friendly yeah they fit the mold.  IF and a BIF IF GnR were to play NBC would have to have a commerical break in the middle of his new song because the song is too damn long.  You would go into break after the second chorus and come back from break and be in the middle of a Pittman / Dizzy Reed battling keyboard solos.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 09:25:21 PM »

I think SNL's a long shot...however, I would'nt be suprised if they showed up on either Conan or Letterman that week.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 09:26:11 PM »

Alright so maybe it's a little far-fetched. ?I found the upcoming schedule and they're not on it.

Saturday, 5/13/06 (New): TBA/Paul Simon

Sunday, 5/14/06 (Classic):Jamie Foxx/Blink 182 (oa:1/8/00)

Saturday, 5/20/06 (Season Finale): TBA

Of course the finale is TBA, 3 days AFTER their 2 shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom. ?

And I wouldn't call System of a Down BYOB radio and TV friendly. ?Catchy yes, but they swear through the chorus and they even let one slip through the censors on SNL last year. ?You're right about the length of songs though. ?System's songs are nice and short. ?GNR could play IRS, clocking in in just over 4 minutes. ?

saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 09:31:21 PM »

axl in conan should be pretty damn classic
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 09:46:07 PM »

axl in conan should be pretty damn classic

Axl IN Conan?  Wow.  I guess we know what team you play for.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
kingoffspring
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »

When slash was on conan and cocnan did his axl snakey thing and tried to sing that was to fucking funny
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »

If Slash is back in... SNL would put 'em on in a nano second... Axl and Slash on stage together for the first time in 13 years... they'd be all over that... album or no album...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 12:47:48 AM »

Ummm, I think SNL is a very good possibility on 5/20. Very strong possibility.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 12:54:53 AM »

Speculation & GNR= Another retarded topic.
HuskerTornado
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 02:41:03 AM »

SNL is in the toilet, has been for a long time.  This would be the wrong place to play. 

SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 02:43:31 AM »

Pearl jam sux

haha, yea they do.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: