Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:12:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MTV should broadcast the concert
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTV should broadcast the concert  (Read 2814 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »

The only shit we'll hear from the first two ny gigs is fan reviews and maybe one journalists view... thats my bet anyway... hell, they're warm up gigs, not pay per view gigs... i guess a poor quality audio boot will surface eventually tho..

GN'R could use some MTV airtime sure. tho i think it's Axl's whish rather than MTV's, that it isn't so today(kind of obvious in many ways lol) , but if this whole thing goes well, MTV will jump on it, like the parasites they are, fast enough.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 08:35:53 PM »

I don't like the mtv either, but you have to admit: Pimp My Ride is really fun!!!  peace

But about the topic...I Don't know if they could broadcast it, I meant, it would be GREAT but I don't know if they would...what about do an online petition or what ever just to show them how much people would like to see the show on tv...it won't kill to try...

icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 08:39:11 PM »

Music stopped as the main influence for MTV years ago, even for bands like GNR-VH1 would be a better option, but I don't see it happening-I kind of grew up on MTV-the lack of videos played and music played is amazing today looking back at how it was 10 years ago-that is a different subject all together, which I could vent for hours on, but as far as your topic headline, don't hold your breath.

Well there isn't really any music being put out in the industry today. ?95% crap and about 5% music. ?So they need to fill the void with reality shows. ?

anyway...

It wouldn't be a good idea to air the warm-ups but maybe a European show would be nice.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 08:39:56 PM »

I say much music should brodcast it .... (for those who dont know its MTV's like little canadian brother) anyways they should brodcast it.... they do many small venues.... but if they dont and MTV doesnt either ill just get a bootleg lol

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 08:47:24 PM »

They'll probably do something something similar they did for the Ritz warm-up show in '91.  They will show some clips from it, and then they'll probably have Kurt Loder on the scene or something.

But for whoever said that Axl wants MTV more than MTV wants him, I'll have to disagree.  MTV have been very generous to Axl, always covering whats ever going on. I mean, they were asking for them to play the VMAs almost every year prior to '02 before Axl finally agreed. Then they covered the opening night of the North American tour in Tacoma. They always post the stories about what's ever going on the site, so I think its safe to say that MTV will be on board once a video comes out, Chinese Democracy is released, and when they tour America.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 08:48:32 PM »

Much Music sucks and they'd never do anything for GNR

MuchMoreMusic is your best bet.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 07:52:20 PM »